Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal mural spotted in LA

Pretty obvious why.

My prediction for the release date is 10.12.2019 which falls right on a Tuesday and is right before Christmas.

Hardly anything on there and it already looks badass!

I wonder if it’s going to be the cover art.

Small update:

qrczmszuwd131.jpg

I’m now fully convinced that the yellow thing with the metal frame in the background is some kind of massive wing.

1380126096_Screenshot(280).png.44f638cf73bc581ee7a1b697177b4dc4.png

I zoomed in on the outline in the middle and fiddled with the brightness and contrast. It somewhat resembles a Harvester.

14 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

1380126096_Screenshot(280).png.44f638cf73bc581ee7a1b697177b4dc4.png

I zoomed in on the outline in the middle and fiddled with the brightness and contrast. It somewhat resembles a Harvester.

I couldn’t even tell there were outlines!

I’ll keep an eye out for those too.

Probably the Seraphim/Maykr in the center.  Looks like it has wings which would match up to the right mural.

4 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Probably the Seraphim/Maykr in the center.  Looks like it has wings which would match up to the right mural.

I was thinking about this too.

considering they also seem to really like the color yellow, I’m leaning towards that.

DE_The_Maykrs-Concept.jpg?q=70&w=1600&h=

Keep posting updates, I'm enjoying watching the progress.

Edited by Chezza

Looking forward to seeing the finished thing.

Yep, those are definitely massive wings, cybernetic wings. This figure depicted in this mural is definitely what passes for an angel in the Doom Eternal universe.

I think that rectangular face thing is a shield for the Baron-looking thing.

Multiple Baron types, maybe? 

9 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

I think that rectangular face thing is a shield for the Baron-looking thing.

Multiple Baron types, maybe? 

A private interview after the Quakecon stream said that the Doomhunter was part of a faction so bad, not even the other demons liked them. We can assume this faction is the Maykrs and that the Baron-like guy (I'll call him Belphegor for now) is part of them.

So is that the Wretch or cultist?

As for the baron I can't really make out its shape very well.   Is that a pauldron with a shield attached to it by chain?  Not sure about that art direction but I guess we will see more very soon.

Edited by Zemini

3 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

A private interview after the Quakecon stream said that the Doomhunter was part of a faction so bad, not even the other demons liked them. We can assume this faction is the Maykrs and that the Baron-like guy (I'll call him Belphegor for now) is part of them.

Doomhunter? What Doomhunter?

Something tells me that particular Baron is going to be a boss. 

It appears to be wearing armor slightly resembling the Marauder’s, it’s carrying a massive tower shield, and it even has an eyepatch on where the right eye should be. 

Also, its face actually looks a lot like the classic Baron’s face (mix of goat and human skull). 

On a related note, someone at r/Doom pointed out that the Seraphim-like creature in the center may actually be an “ascended” version of Samuel Hayden himself.

I mean, it wouldn’t make sense for the ‘Slayer to be fighting angels too, would it?

Doomhunter? wow, i can't believe id Software has actually resorted to using internet aliases as names for their new monsters. :p

38 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

It seems the one on the left is behind schedule.

Is he? Or are they geniuses?

602600-doom-dos-screenshot-the-screen-me

Don't forget that the dude has a twitter and he said he'll be posting updates there from now on: