Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneDoomedSpaceMarine

Is there anyway or perhaps anyone able to put the CD version of the DOOM soundtrack in game?

Posted (edited)

I really like the in game soundtrack however, I really love the CD version, and I am surprised there hasn't been any mod/wad that did that. Is there any way to add all these particular tracks within DOOM & DOOM 2? Or is anyone willing to put idea to action?

Links to the CD tracks: 

Edited by PinataMeme

3 hours ago, PinataMeme said:

I really like the in game soundtrack however, I really love the CD version, and I am surprised there hasn't been any mod/wad that did that. Is there any way to add all these particular tracks within DOOM & DOOM 2? Or is anyone willing to put idea to action?

Original CD tracks to the game Doom(classic) does not exist. It's all custom soundtracks, midi covers and remixes, and there is lot of them. I can give you a link to my soundtrack.

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7100 

Posted (edited)

I have something too, but it's composed of multiple artists I put together through the years scouring various YouTube channels, assorted compilations and soforth.

You can find my Doom/Ultimate Doom archive here and the Doom 2 archive here. You will need 7-Zip to decompress them and use them in-game.

Credits can be discovered by reading the CREDITS text lump inside each WAD file.

And speaking of the original Bobby Prince Doom CDs, they are out of print and hard to find and your only way is through resellers or sites like eBay. The only result I found was this, and it's 99 Euros (about $110).

Edited by Glaice

2 hours ago, Glaice said:

And speaking of the original Bobby Prince Doom CDs, they are out of print and hard to find and your only way is through resellers or sites like eBay. The only result I found was this, and it's 99 Euros (about $110).

It's fake. I didn't find any information on the BMI website. https://repertoire.bmi.com/StartPage.aspx

I don't know if this fits here but I put it here anyway because I think not many people know about this but should:

Just wanna leap in and say that @Davester2296's music has become my de-facto go to as far as the original DOOM soundtracks are concerned. Absolutely, unequivocally the way the MIDIs should be redone in my opinion. <3 

1 hour ago, Jayextee said:

Just wanna leap in and say that @Davester2296's music has become my de-facto go to as far as the original DOOM soundtracks are concerned. Absolutely, unequivocally the way the MIDIs should be redone in my opinion. <3 

As I said, there are many different remixes. But the best I've heard - the soundtrack by Ashley Carr. And the soundtrack by Andrew Hulshult in heavy metal style.