Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gifty

What Would the Chaingunner Sound Like?

I've been searching around commercial sound libraries for fun, trying to find a set of unique sounds that would feel perfect for the chaingunner (taking cues from Jaxxoon's Sound Caulking Mod). While the stock zombie sounds work really well, I'm really curious how the community envisions him sounding, or if they've ever assigned him unique sounds in their own mod. Would he sound enraged and bestial like the other zombies, or would he have a more human "tough guy" demeanor?

Here are a set of sounds I've picked out, and occasionally used. I like these, but I've found myself looking again for something that really feels like it fits perfectly with the original game. I'm very curious as to what ID might have chosen had they had the time or inclination to give all the monsters unique sounds.

I can definitely see him as a tough guy, before and after becoming a zombie lol. Not sure about alert sounds, or even one-liners, but the macho man chaingunners were pretty funny. I like the sounds Timothy Brown uses for Chaingun for them and Spider Masterminds in some of his later videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWdENe3oDY&t=313s ,here's the Macho Man Chaingunners in case you're curious: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=9Zm-ujZU8vDXKfrgxwceNikcFGF8MTU1OTQ0ODI5N0AxNTU5MzYxODk3&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediafire.com%2Ffile%2F5p3h3imnm0a7897%2FMachoMan.wad&v=vRQiFk0LavI&event=video_description

yesterday i decided that i want new sounds for all zombies(not just one) so i replaced zombie,shotguy,chaingunner with bandit1,bandit2 and monolith fanatics from stalker 
sadly chains dont wear helments like doomguy

I think he'd sound like Mr. T. Or the Rock. I feel like most of his lines would be military stuff(You there! Stop! Intruder detected!) Or him yelling one-liners in battle("Eat this" or "Suck it down" While firing)

On 6/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, Maser said:

OMG THIS

"Now that is what the fuck I am talking about!!"

This is the funniest shit of all time

Edited by Maximum Matt : Steve.

See sound: PSX Cyberdemon see.

Active sound: PSX Zombie active sounds.

Pain: a lower pitched Heretic Golem/Mummy pain sound.

Death sound: lower pitched screams of Hexen fighter falling to his death, Corvus' screaming death, and Strife player death sounds.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:58 AM, ChicagoTrash said:

I think he'd sound like Mr. T.

Lol "I pity the fool who's gonna walk past this here alcove disguised with a false wall"

A-Team Doom. Someone get on that

On 6/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, ChicagoTrash said:

I think he'd sound like Mr. T. Or the Rock. I feel like most of his lines would be military stuff(You there! Stop! Intruder detected!) Or him yelling one-liners in battle("Eat this" or "Suck it down" While firing)

Quake 1 space marine enemy meets Unreal Tournament 99.