Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aussteigen is a short wad I made. 

It's on map01 there's is freelook. only wad you need is doom2 it's really easy also no Terry traps. you begin in a wolfenstine like map then it goes into a cave.

Edited by some guy who made a wad : more description and better grammar

Thanks for making a map! I like that each room wasn't just a square and you had some light variations. Interesting bits of detailing on the floor with the marbling too.

I don't think you should have used the wolf3d textures or the SS. They don't make sense in the map and clash 100% with the rest of it. If it was more marble or using BROWN textures it'd fit a lot better. The combat was sorta almost non-existant, you go forward, kill 4 nazis then do that a few more times. Adding a larger variety with some monster closets or teleport traps would spice things up. The map itself is totally linear, adding some branching paths would make it more interesting to explore. There were a few texture alignment issues as well as lines not being lower unpegged (you can see the wall scroll when you open the door). The secret also wasn't tagged as such.

You've got some good ideas with the light levels and room variation, I would explore that more while also really planning out the combat encounters.

Here's my playthrough

Spoiler

Edit: I would recommend editing your original post as per @Walter confetti's link so people are more likely to download or even look at the map.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:50 PM, xvertigox said:

Thanks for making a map! I like that each room wasn't just a square and you had some light variations. Interesting bits of detailing on the floor with the marbling too.

I don't think you should have used the wolf3d textures or the SS. They don't make sense in the map and clash 100% with the rest of it. If it was more marble or using BROWN textures it'd fit a lot better. The combat was sorta almost non-existant, you go forward, kill 4 nazis then do that a few more times. Adding a larger variety with some monster closets or teleport traps would spice things up. The map itself is totally linear, adding some branching paths would make it more interesting to explore. There were a few texture alignment issues as well as lines not being lower unpegged (you can see the wall scroll when you open the door). The secret also wasn't tagged as such.

You've got some good ideas with the light levels and room variation, I would explore that more while also really planning out the combat encounters.

Here's my playthrough

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: I would recommend editing your original post as per @Walter confetti's link so people are more likely to download or even look at the map.

Thank you for your freedback I made this wad in a short amount because I was going somewere for a week. Thanks for playing!

i'm dso hyppeeeeee.

Edited by Doom Slayer 2000 : this post was a year ago, i genuinely cannot fathom what i was trying to say here. I want to post a few things seriously now.

There are a few good improvements in v2, the combat is a bit better for starters. There's still a fair few things that could be improved too. One quick and easy thing is to tag the doortrak walls as lower unpegged so they don't scroll vertically when the door is opened

Example

Spoiler

mjVl5WW.png

There are some missing textures too. If you used a texture resource you should add those textures to your map wad using SLADE.

This room was by far the best in the map. Having the imps on the platforms means the player needs to run around the whole room rather than just door camp. More combat like this would be great.

Spoiler

eMwDinB.png

Conversely, the archvile room is the worst. You either have to tediously try to snipe the AVs or sprint past and pray to RNGesus. Either way it's not fun to play.

If you were to tweak the combat and adjust the layout the map would be 100x more enjoyable. I wouldn't tweak this further though, I would make a totally new map. In regards to layout if you have a look at the map itself

Spoiler

ne5t498.png

you can see it's a series of rooms connected by hallways. This makes the map 100% linear which usually isn't super fun. Doing something like this

Spoiler

Tb1uPU7.png

would make the map much more engaging. This is just an example, I wouldn't recommend connecting all areas via hallways. You can sorta overlap them rather than have them isolated and connected by hallways.

Let me know when you make a new map, I'd be happy to play it. Cheers~

(This post is outdated)ok this is my new wad, outside.wad. rage will ensue with this this wad. freelook is enabled, but I want ask you one question, due you like achviles? also it's outside.

outside.zip

Edited by some guy who made a wad : Outdated

Why do you have a 24 MB FLAC song? You can easily go with a MIDI or .IT which is easily a fraction of the size.

And on enemies being immediately in front of you upon spawning, that's pretty cheap way of getting damage before you even start, especially since it's two zombiemen and a sergeant almost at point blank to the player.

So is this only about someguy's wads, or can i post here? I want to see what people think of my fist wad.