Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katarhyne

denial

Most of you here by this point probably didn't ever read the original denial. Well, I went over it with a fine-toothed comb and re-worked quite a bit of it, and then tacked on a little bit. I have a fair bit more than what I'm about to release completed, but I'm saving it for later. Proofreading, and all, you know.

If you're interested, check it out:

http://katsbox.doomers.org/denial.rtf

Rich text files can be viewed with Wordpad under Windows, or any equivalent word processor. Under Linux, I have no idea - if anyone wants to request it in a different format I'll be happy to oblige provided I have access to a means by which to convert it to that format.

If you have ANY comments WHAT SO EVER please leave a note here or preferably, e-mail me at azazelle@gt.rr.com and I will promptly respond. Please. I'm as lazy as they come, and praise, criticism, and interest are the only things that keep me writing.

I'm also looking for talented (or not-so-talented) artists to do pictures of the weapons, vehicles, and characters. If you're interested, again e-mail me or leave me a note here. Preferably e-mail.

Thanks, KLS

I read it last night and enjoyed what I read. Tons of action and the characters have feelings. Great job. I want to see some forgotten Doom weapons in Denial though, like the Infantry Rifle (with a bayonet), the BFG 2704, the Unmaker (a laser gun), the double bladed chainsaw from Doom 64 and the Dark Claw (I forgot what this does but IIRC it shoots fireballs and shit)

The Dark Claw shoots green fireballs that packs the punch of a point blank shotgun hit (as if all pellets hit the target). It has a firing rate somewhat similar to the rocket launcher. It looks like a red demonic clawed hand.

Try it out in 0_5resor.wad gettable from Deathz0r's site.

If you really want to incorporate this weapon into a story you could make it Hand of Vecna (as the famous D&D artifact) like. IE you had to sever your own hand and replace it with the Dark Claw to gain it's powers. Of course the hand must once have belonged to a very powerful demon so it should have some kind of corrupting influence on the bearer.

* myk thrusts the Sword of Kas into Little Faith's unprotected back.

Kat, I like the part where someone suggests/hopes they may be immune to zombiefication. Heh.

Little Faith said:

The Dark Claw shoots green fireballs that packs the punch of a point blank shotgun hit (as if all pellets hit the target). It has a firing rate somewhat similar to the rocket launcher. It looks like a red demonic clawed hand.

actually, it was designed to do something different, but it's not possible to do with dehacked.

As you've probably noticed, the weapons used in denial are largely science-fiction staples and have stayed in the realm of realism, and away from the attitude of unbridled ridiculousness that most FPSes have towards their selection of ordnance.

However, as a little teaser, I can say with great certainty that you'll probably recognize more than a few Doom-y weapons a bit later. ^_^ I mean, it wouldn't really be a Doom fanfic without a BFG, right?

Still, this fanfic is a bit more closely related to Doom 3 than it's sprite-based brethren, as made obvious by the appearance of the pinky.

I suppose it's worth noting that the pistol, shotgun, and chaingun have already made appearances, of sorts. The chaingun won't be showing up in its traditional form, but the shotgun and super-shotty might show up. ^.~ Expect a rocket launcher, as well as multiple laser, plasma and microwave-based weapons.

Wow, that is a Marvelous story there Katarhyne! Thats most likely the best thing I have read in a while, and is way better than those "Book" things that they make us read in slavery. Outstanding, simply superb work on this story, Oh boy do I envy your skills of being able to create such a exelent story. :)

[EDIT]

Katarhyne said:

[...]If you have ANY comments WHAT SO EVER please leave a note here or preferably, e-mail me [...]

...aw, crap, sorry, I guess I should read everything and make sure I understand them before I do anything, sorry.[/EDIT]