Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nymbus_Hustle

Sapphire Creek Cacowards Youtube Series & Other Youtubers

I assume some of you have heard of this series before. I just stumbled upon it, This guy's amazing and doesn't have enough views or subs. He's gone through 500 videos worth of Cacowards wads since 2015 and has only recently hit 2016's Cacowards. He does quick reviews of some of the wads and playthroughs others.

Playlist of his videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7RjvY3kQLtEBem4tMrRltbB4_upSlskM

Have any of you checked this out? I doubt anyone's actually made it through the whole series, but if you have was it worth it? Are there any other Youtuber's any of you would recommend that make Doom related content?

Woah! Awesome channel. Instantly subbed. Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to go through his content. 

I think I discovered this channel a while ago and started watching his Mayan Mishap playthrough, but stopped watching halfway through because he hated the wad and it made me sad lol

Mayan Mishap is cool so now I’m going in questioning his judgment! Still though, always glad to see more Doom oriented YouTube channels

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Mayan Mishap is cool so now I’m going in questioning his judgment!

If I learned anything from the Doom community it's that everyone has their own very specific tastes haha. I thought E3M2 was universally disliked until I saw people in one thread say they love Slough and it's their favorite episode 3 map.

6 hours ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

If I learned anything from the Doom community it's that everyone has their own very specific tastes haha. I thought E3M2 was universally disliked until I saw people in one thread say they love Slough and it's their favorite episode 3 map.

As Romans said, matters of taste and colour should not be disputed. That said, we need you to name names so we can purge the enemy within.

Complaining about RTC-3057 being broken when playing it with an incompatible (G)ZDoom version and a gameplay mod doesn't really add to his credibility.

Here's a plug for my channel.

I do playthroughs of wads that people post here on DW. I tend to do wads from newer mappers that get less attention to help them improve and show them that people really appreciate them putting out Doom maps. I also do cool wad combinations. There's a bunch (~100) older review/FDAs but I made those before I got sober so I can't really speak to their quality. I don't really try to grow my channel, I just enjoy playing Doom and making videos and if other people wanna see them then cool.

Edit:

I need to recommend @HAK3180's channel. He has been taking review requests in this thread and pumping out quality videos for ages. His reviews are better and more informative than mine ever were. I would highly recommend subbing to his channel for a consistent feed of videos.

Edited by xvertigox

44 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

His reviews are better and more informative than mine ever were.

If that's true, then you are the Obi-Wan to my Anakin, and for that I will always be grateful, and for which reason I will never change the name of the thread.

8 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

If that's true, then you are the Obi-Wan to my Anakin, and for that I will always be grateful, and for which reason I will never change the name of the thread.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a channel that's slowly archiving onto Youtube speedruns from DooMed

This dude Civvie makes reviews of a variety of FPS. He's done an okay review of some of the Doom games and other games from around the era.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, xvertigox said:

I do playthroughs of wads that people post here on DW.

Subscribed! thanks for making a video ab the Sigil Deathmatch levels. I would have never seen them otherwise!

On 6/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, Andromeda said:

I'd have to recommend decino's channel for some kickass max-style playthroughs!

I just came back to this thread to recommend him. His playthroughs and informative videos are nuts!

On 6/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, dew said:

As Romans said, matters of taste and colour should not be disputed. That said, we need you to name names so we can purge the enemy within.

Check this thread, seven people voted for slough.