Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

A call for help (of the "Work on GooberMan's end of year project" kind)

Does anyone ever remember me talking about making a Commander Keen fangame? Well, I've decided to go full steam ahead on that and make that my end of year presentation. I'm currently working on a portal renderer that I will be using for this project. Yes, that means it will be a full 3D Keen platformer. I'm not expecting to have it anywhere near completion for the presentation, but as long as 1 level is playable that's all we need. Basically, I need some people willing to donate art and 3D models (especially a model of Commander Keen) for this thing. You will get full credit for it of course (I'm not a content Nazi or anything). And maybe once I get the editor up and running, people willing to work like crazy to get some Keen levels happening. I'll post in this thread tomorrow night the kind of artistic direction I'll be looking for if there's some good enough responses to this thread.
*hopes for some responses*

EDIT: Oh yeah, the presentation's on the 29th November. 6 weeks.

It's not a remake, it's a new adventure. I have ideas but nothing concrete that I can write down at this point in time.

And remember, it's a Keen game, which means I'll be aiming for a cartoon-ish feel (which means if you're not a pixel-perfect artist and feel like practising some more, please respond :P)

I'm planning on doing Multiplayer gaming for my University third year project I'm about to start..

If you are going for the truly Keen'ish feel be sure only to use EGA colours in the palette.

No matter what the setting, We want Yorps!

Remember the pogo-stick. Must be totally chaos in a 3d game. Not for a weak stomach.

fraggle said:

I'm planning on doing Multiplayer gaming for my University third year project I'm about to start..

We did a lesson on networking last week. Phun stuff, and it was only the tip of the iceberg.
I'm not going to be including a multiplayer option for the presentation for several reasons which I won't go in to here. Of course, this means it'll make it hard if I do wish to include multiplayer Keen at a later date, but how would a multiplayer Keen work? Keen Deathmatch? heh... :P

And EGA? If Tom Hall had his way and made the 3D Keen game he had in mind, it definately wouldn't have been EGA.

Well, I could try and make some art for ya, but what theme in particular? And let me know when you get that editor happening, i'll be happy to make a level for ya.

If you're expecting the level editor to be 100% professional, don't. I'll be spending 1 or 2 weeks getting it working, and that'll be all the time I can afford to spend on it. I'll make it functional, but you'll have to make it your bitch if you wanna do anything kewl with it.
And besides, I need art more than I need levels :P