Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal E3 - Sunday 5:30 PDT

That worship scene is definitely the final version of this concept art

DE_UAC_HellPriest-Concept.jpg?q=70&w=160

I'm not sure about the architecture in the teaser. It's not very Doom. It's too busy.

Google Stadia just announced that it will go live this November.  Doom Eternal probably will launch this November as well.

I just rewatched it several times on Youtube slowed down to 0.5 and 0.25 to have a closer & longer look at all the details.

What I like:

• The Marauders look and movement (scene 5). Doesn't look out of place.
  • Haydens voice is much deeper now. i wonder why?
  • Space/planet disaster (scene 1)
  • Hell priest worship (scene 3)
  • Slayers face reveal (scene 4)

What I dislike

• Unknown fraction/world (scene 2). It really doesn't look Doom-ish to me at all. It looks very clean and blurry/foggy. The Phobos scene in the Quakecon reveal also had this clean Sci-Fi look and feel.

Especially scene 2 strongly indicates there will be at least 3 fractions (UAC/Earth, Hell, Alien angels).

4 minutes ago, igg said:

I just rewatched it several times on Youtube slowed down to 0.5 and 0.25 to have a closer & longer look at all the details.

What I like:

• The Marauders look and movement (scene 5). Doesn't look out of place.
  • Haydens voice is much deeper now. i wonder why?
  • Space/planet disaster (scene 1)
  • Hell priest worship (scene 3)
  • Slayers face reveal (scene 4)

What I dislike

• Unknown fraction/world (scene 2). It really doesn't look Doom-ish to me at all. It looks very clean and blurry/foggy. The Phobos scene in the Quakecon reveal also had this clean Sci-Fi look and feel.

Especially scene 2 strongly indicates there will be at least 3 fractions (UAC/Earth, Hell, Alien angels).

I don't know, I thought the clean sci-fi feel was highly reminiscent of Doom episode 1. And its no coincidence that the gameplay reveal took place on phobos.

My story guess: Hayden knows about the 3rd fraction (we should definetely find a name for them) and actually wants their technology & power. Thus he unleashes Hell on Earth (btw it looks more like he unleashes hell in our solar system), uses the Crucible to corrupt all realms so the 3rd fraction is forced to intervene.

1 hour ago, igg said:

My story guess: Hayden knows about the 3rd fraction (we should definetely find a name for them) and actually wants their technology & power. Thus he unleashes Hell on Earth (btw it looks more like he unleashes hell in our solar system), uses the Crucible to corrupt all realms so the 3rd fraction is forced to intervene.

Well it looks like 4 or maybe even 5 factions.

Earth

UAC/Demon Creations

Hell

The Marauder faction

Maykrs

Seems a little chaotic but time will tell.

Edited by Zemini

38 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Earth

UAC/Demon Creations

Hell

The Marauder faction

Mayrks

For me UAC always is a synonym for Earth. I don't think we'll see any other people from earth (except dead ones of course), otherwise it might get the "Call of Doom" vibe of the previous Doom 4 try.

Why do you call the 3rd faction Makyrs? Has this name officially been used?

44 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Earth

UAC/Demon Creations

Hell

The Marauder faction

Mayrks

Sometimes I fear they are going too far with all this "lore" stuff, at the point of not being recognizable as Doom anymore. As I see, Doom should not be overcomplicated (and I think Doom 2016 handled this very well). But of course, I might be wrong.

Even so, the gameplay videos were awesome so far and I'm pretty hyped. I think it will be a great game nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, igg said:

For me UAC always is a synonym for Earth. I don't think we'll see any other people from earth (except dead ones of course), otherwise it might get the "Call of Doom" vibe of the previous Doom 4 try.

Why do you call the 3rd faction Makyrs? Has this name officially been used?

Well I would put the Doom Guy and Good humans as part of the Earth faction.  The UAC Creations are separate from both demons and Earth only because we see them fighting each other through out the game play.  It could mean nothing however.

Maykrs are the Demonic/Angelic creatures we see in concept art and some of the MP Maps.

3 hours ago, igg said:

yes.

3rd faction are The Mykrs...i guess

I would say Hayden's voice sounds a bit less synthetic and more human than it did previously. It's not a huge difference, but it's noticeable.

Is it just me or do I hear Skyrim's chanting in the background?

Pretty clever. Maybe Doomguy truly is the Dragonborn.

Interesting to see him in this map. His design hints at a demonic past but I always considered this map (due to it's clean design and undamaged buildings) to be part of the 3rd realm (some people here refer to them as Mykrs) or just being the home of Slayer and the night sentinels. 

Oh shit its Argent D'Nur, right?

edit: I watched this clip like 50 times. anyone else?

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

On 6/8/2019 at 6:49 AM, Ramiel said:

New Marauder image leaked! 

3uja9cz5jz231.png?auto=webp&s=78e1063de1

At first, I was thinking he is a fallen Night Sentinel who turned dark but then I remembered the wretch forged Slayer that type of armour. Is this another demon or is it the wretch? Could it also be the betrayer we heard of before?

On 6/7/2019 at 3:49 PM, Ramiel said:

New Marauder image leaked! 

3uja9cz5jz231.png?auto=webp&s=78e1063de1

Getting a strong Shao Kahn MKII vibe. 

(From the Battlemode trailer)

Doomguy..err...Slayer, bears an awfully strong resemblance to the one we all know and love!

ASi75bN.jpg

yPWUxzd.jpg

Edited by Chubzdoomer