Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal E3 - Sunday 5:30 PDT

3 minutes ago, igg said:

What kind of spoilers? And whats the source of the spoilers? Since nobody has access to the games assets (like codes entries) they could only base upon stuff mentioned during Bethesdas conference?

Yup. I agree with you. No spoilers here. There is a little tiny one I guess but nah. We will see that cannonball shot in every b-roll footage from now on.

15 minutes ago, igg said:

What kind of spoilers? And whats the source of the spoilers? Since nobody has access to the games assets (like codes entries) they could only base upon stuff mentioned during Bethesdas conference?

Story stuff. They even warn you.

have um noticed that Samuels body from 2016 is not only to be rapaired...but it has take serious damage...the arm is missing and torso is at half its not just repaired it has signs of violence with cables and parts damaged...its not just modified or his brain beeing removed in to newer body.

why are there ancient Sentinel castles on Mars??!!

1 hour ago, blackgoblinmagic said:

have um noticed that Samuels body from 2016 is not only to be rapaired...but it has take serious damage...the arm is missing and torso is at half its not just repaired it has signs of violence with cables and parts damaged...its not just modified or his brain beeing removed in to newer body.

why are there ancient Sentinel castles on Mars??!!

Hell-Mars warping? We've seen it happening on Earth, and even in classic Doom, points that are closer to the dimensional convergence display signs of both realities merging. 

3 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Story stuff. They even warn you.

I just watched it and I just noticed very minor spoilers. But nevertheless thanks for the warning :-) it's better to be aware of a risk than not.

I wonder (English is not my native language) what the phrase "you will bring down the Heavens wrath" means?

• You will stop (bring down = reduce) Heavens wrath
  • You will release (bring down = from Heaven to Earth) Heavens wrath

The latter one doesn't make too much sense for me, since the Hell invasion is already going on since Doom 2016.

3 minutes ago, igg said:

I just watched it and I just noticed very minor spoilers. But nevertheless thanks for the warning :-) it's better to be aware of a risk than not.

I wonder (English is not my native language) what the phrase "you will bring down the Heavens wrath" means?

• You will stop (bring down = reduce) Heavens wrath
  • You will release (bring down = from Heaven to Earth) Heavens wrath

The latter one doesn't make too much sense for me, since the Hell invasion is already going on since Doom 2016.

Just a way of saying that you'll tick off Heaven into giving you and everyone else a major ass kicking. 

Of course, how accurate that statement even is depends entirely on whose delivering the line. 

If it is , in fact, an angel heaven-sent, then the apocalypse can be assumed to be divine retribution, Revalation like. 
If it's a fallen angel (Lucifer?), well, that's them being them. 
If it's a Sentinel gone mad, insanity and nebulous claims. 
If it's Hayden, FUCK THAT GUY EAT MY DOOMBLADE YOU F*****G A****** I'LL KILL YOU YOU SON OF A ****** !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Just a way of saying that you'll tick off Heaven into giving you and everyone else a major ass kicking. 

Thanks, so it rather means "You will release (bring down = from Heaven to Earth) Heavens wrath".

2 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Of course, how accurate that statement even is depends entirely on whose delivering the line. 

Good point. Also the consensus seems to be your first option (divine retribution) I assume it's actually option 2 or 3. Why?

• In the story trailer we see Sentinel Prime being occupied by demons, even being protected by a Cyberdemon. This only makes sense if Heaven has fallen, or Heaven has allied with Hell or Sentinel Prime is not part of Heaven (I think thats the case). I think Sentinel Prime is more related to Argent D'nur.
  • If it's the same voice as in the Doom 2016 opening (I'm not sure about that, it has a different tonality) it's an angel full of hatred, like the evil looking one on the mural who unleashes forcec of terror on Earth. If it's the same voice you might see it allied to Heaven, since it releases the Slayer upon Hell, but I think it's allied to Hell. Why? Because the Slayers action will bring the Crucible to Hayden. In Doom 2016 Hell had many different factions so it wouldn't be surprising if there's a generic "terror everything" faction and a more strategic one, being annoyed by the terror faction since they interfere with the Crucible plan.
  • It makes much more sense for Hell demanding Earth than for Heaven demanding Hell on Earth. Why? Because then another realm will be lost to Hell.

6 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

The footage on this video is fucking great.

I also enjoyed it but as another user warned, it contains minor spoilers.

3 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

I hate to admit it, but this is correct.

Heh, all jokes aside, was some pretty cool new stuff coming out. Obviously, id team and Eternal stole the show (but I think we all pretty much assumed that before the event even started), but Ghostwire and Youngblood really got my attention as well. And of course, anything Elder Scrolls is always a plus :)

Now, certain mobile resurrections of Keen have me concerned, but everything else was top notch.

Interesting, but it didn't seem like that in the trailers. Perhaps the journalist just sucks at the game. It wouldn't be the first time.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/784495/Doom-Eternal-E3-Hands-On-The-most-satisfying-shooter-of-the-year-by-a-long-way?fbclid=IwAR1p6UjHqVjqc0GSAcczl5kiec4fqisDdmwFbcHRK6mrXsbaI8Z311OcjUY

Weirdly enough, Doom Eternal is kind of a resource management game now. It iterates on the already iconic combat (it’s still unbelievable fun to smash a demon’s head into his body with your fists) but there are enough meaningful twists and turns to keep you on your toes. In the sequel, things never stagnate.

If you thought the original was hectic, consider this - within five minutes of the demo, I had to pause my playthrough because my heart rate was going ballistic. I felt like I could see through time - the adrenaline was coursing through me, and I quickly figured out why...

In the original game, you only really worried about death, but now you have to worry about your armor and your ammo, and how to retain those resources when the going gets tough. For example, in Eternal you cant just expect enemies to drop a smattering of resources that should see you along - you actively have to take the resources from them.

IMO, the classic Doom is faster, and you have to worry about ammo, health, armor and none of that is available when you kill someone, meaning that you have to be aware of the enemies and the resources scattered across.

2 hours ago, Buckshot said:

Heh, all jokes aside, was some pretty cool new stuff coming out. Obviously, id team and Eternal stole the show (but I think we all pretty much assumed that before the event even started), but Ghostwire and Youngblood really got my attention as well. And of course, anything Elder Scrolls is always a plus :)

Now, certain mobile resurrections of Keen have me concerned, but everything else was top notch.

Id, Arkane, MachineGames, and Tango are some of my favorite developers currently in the industry. Too bad that they're often associated with their sister studios.

Based on what we've seen so far, do you guys think we're going to end up with more Foundry-esque levels that offer lots of nonlinear exploration, versus the later DOOM 16 maps that basically devolved into a string of arena battles?

Edited by Chubzdoomer

4 hours ago, Buckshot said:

IMHO all mobile incarnations of anything should be regarded as non-canon by default, hell, most mobile games don't even qualify as such.

22 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

That was a really great trailer.

Is it just me or is this game going to be about the biblical end times? Perhaps the game is about Doomslayer trying to convince God to postpone Judgement Day.

Also, this guy is the same guy at the beginning of Doom 2016 who says "They are Rage, Brutal, without mercy...". Maybe he's referring to humanity.

Mmmmm makes you wonder

5 hours ago, Chubzdoomer said:

Based on what we've seen so far, do you guys think we're going to end up with more Foundry-esque levels that offer lots of nonlinear exploration, versus the later DOOM 16 maps that basically devolved into a string of arena battles?

I don't know, but what they said sounds a lot like they browsed Doomworld to see what the most common complaints were in Doom 2016 and then made sure they mentioned they would fix them, even if they didn't have to, which is really cool. Marty mentioned that there are surprises even deep into the campaign and one of my complaints was that the game got stale towards the end.

45 minutes ago, Hofmann said:

Not sure if someone mentioned, but they introduced swimming too.

Citation needed

I'm tickled by how much more varied and expansive the maps appear. Along with arcadey elements like one-ups, new moves like the air dash, and and interesting take on multiplayer, this is looking to be one hell (heh) of a sequel. Also, the cyberdemon doesn't look like a cartoon anymore. He looks ACTUALLY scary. Most of the new enemies are pretty gruesome and threatening.