Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Nate V

Doom Eternal E3 - Sunday 5:30 PDT

Recommended Posts

I've been wondering, what is the purpose of the green energy container thing on the lower right of the HUD? The one that glows when you shoot enemies. What does it do?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Cheat codes huh?.... interesting....

hzCGD6q.png

RAGE 2 has a system where you can unlock cheat codes in-game and have them easily accessible in the pause menu. This is probably similar to that.

Edited by chemo

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Marn said:

I'm not a fan of the tiny little cutscenes.

 

They probably wanted to show the Doomslayer more. Even the devs were probably hesitant.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

I've been wondering, what is the purpose of the green energy container thing on the lower right of the HUD? The one that glows when you shoot enemies. What does it do?

Think that's the Equipment Fiend rune that gameplay has shown - it decreases equipment (grenade and flamethrower) cooldowns when you deal weapon damage.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so glad this is coming out at lest a few months before the Final Fantasy VII Remake.  Going to get it for the PS4 Pro since I'm not sure my current PC can handle this game.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Best quality video so far.

 

 

If you look closely at 5:42, you can see a Cyber Fire Baron.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

If you look closely at 5:42, you can see a Cyber Fire Baron.

There's actually a name, there's an interview with one of the people that played the game and they referred to it as a "Dread-Knight."

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Zemini said:

Still looking for the extended play clip without commentary.

All of these journalists seem to have the same clip but edited, so only certain clips show on certain videos.

I want the full thing too.

 

7 hours ago, Marn said:

I'm not a fan of the tiny little cutscenes.

I don't mind them as long as they're short, skippable and maybe even optional.

 

14 hours ago, Hofmann said:

Not sure if someone mentioned, but they introduced swimming too.

I hope you still get to shoot underwater but we're already taking too much from Quake at that point.

Share this post


Link to post

I inquired about the full video on RPS's Youtube profile and they said that what you see is what you get, implied that they can only release the edited cut with commentary, not the raw footage provided to them by Bethesda.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the HUD has to change, either that or allow us the ability to change it to something that looks simpler. 

The hue on your screen when u pick up health/takedmg also has to go. Just look at the difference between the story trailer and the actual gameplay. story trailer looks so much better w/o HUD + hues. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

Gmanlives made a video about his experience playing Doom Eternal at E3

 

So firing, reloading, and movement speed is slower?  Uh oh....

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, STILES said:

So firing, reloading, and movement speed is slower?  Uh oh....

 

While I've been skeptical myself that's a bit of an unfair takeaway from the video. Lower base movement speed looks easily compensated for by the dashes, grappling hook, parkour and double jumps, while reloading only applies to the SSG, as has always been the case aside from Doom 3.


I'm also personally relieved to actually hear an exact description of how the lives work, it's kinda like how Blazko works in Samsara.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

 

While I've been skeptical myself that's a bit of an unfair takeaway from the video. Lower base movement speed looks easily compensated for by the dashes, grappling hook, parkour and double jumps, while reloading only applies to the SSG, as has always been the case aside from Doom 3.


I'm also personally relieved to actually hear an exact description of how the lives work, it's kinda like how Blazko works in Samsara.

Maybe, think Gman said the rocket launcher was also slower.  However, that may just be because he's used to having the FOV turned up higher.  So it may very well be about the same.

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't seen this shown on here yet, looks like that's the regular combat shotgun without mods.

D8zehH_U8AAMEjo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×