Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doctor Silt

How do i make a door in UDMF format?

Question

I've just transitioned to using the UDMF format in doom builder. it was simple to do in Zdoom format, but i cant figure out how to do it in the UDMF format.

6 answers to this question

Are you sure to have the front line of the door placed in such a way that it faces you? 

And also check if the option "when player presses use", in the bottom of the linedef window is selected. If you want your door to be used more than one time you will also want to select "repeatable action"

2 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Here's an example:

hVt2dWw.png

Note that you don't need sector tags for locally operated doors. (G)ZDoom will just use the sector on the back side of the linedef if you use a tag of 0.

You can use the "Make Door" function in GZDB (make sure to select "Apply lindef specials" to make it activatable).

Alternatively, if you want to apply the linedef special directly, the most basic one is Generic_Door.

1 minute ago, Bauul said:

You can use the "Make Door" function in GZDB (make sure to select "Apply lindef specials" to make it activatable).

Alternatively, if you want to apply the linedef special directly, the most basic one is Generic_Door.

ive selected generic door but pressing use on the door still does nothing. Am i missing something?

19 hours ago, Simomarchi said:

Are you sure to have the front line of the door placed in such a way that it faces you? 

And also check if the option "when player presses use", in the bottom of the linedef window is selected. If you want your door to be used more than one time you will also want to select "repeatable action"

Thats it! i forgot to check the options.