Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nekr0s1s

i'm losing my joy of watching movies.

@Ajora That video inspires my American Patriotism. But I'm not even American.

God Bless Burgers and fries.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, Poncho1 said:

Well, maybe that's the issue. You might want to expand your repertoire.

That's exactly my intention. in fact, the same situation happened to me before with music. Back then i listened to the radio quite a lot, and for the most part i loved it. By the mid-2000's however, i couldn't help but notice that all music sounded the same, had the very same structure, and the same lyrics, just with a few different words. Nothing but reskins and re-hashes. I got so upset from listening to someone talk about love for the millionth time, i called it quits. When i got my 1st gen iPod nano, and a broadband connection, i started surfing the web for any and every underground music i'd find.

By the way, have anyone watched Once Upon a Time In Hollywood? Is it worth it? For the record, i've watched nearly every Quentin Tarantino movie; i'm only missing Jackie Brown and Death Proof, and a couple ones by other directors but still associated with him, such as Natural Born Killers.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, Nekr0s1s said:

Many times my brother have asked me to go out to watch some movies, but these days it's getting way too hard to enjoy any of the current releases. i'm struggling to even laugh at most if not every comedy, and i've had way too many disappointments with action movies. (i wish the endings were simpler again; hero executes the bad guy, peace is restored, the end, period) recent stories about agenda pushing have further contributed to the point that i'm pretty much boycotting everything in sight. to make matters worse, i don't have much cultural baggage when it comes to movies, so i don't know of any alternatives to look for. for much of my life i only watched two types of movies; action and comedy, and i always went with the flow. It worked when i was young but now i fear i'm losing my joy of watching any movies because all i see and hear about is yet another super-hero movie, a remake or a romantic comedy, not to mention biography movies. i want to go out again to a movie theater and have a real good time but how do i separate the wheat from the chaff? how do i know if this movie is any good and if there's no political propaganda going on?

Man i feel you, and i am sorry to break it to you, but: all movies have some kind of agenda behind them, all of them. And Hollywood out of all places is nothing else than a big brainwashing propaganda machine, it always been like that, it always will be, and they are not even subtle about it.
You can find for alternatives in independent movies and movies that do not come from big studios or USA in general, but everything has some kind of hidden message in it, the thing with hollywood nowadays is that is straight in your face socio political very specific agenda, and is gonna get worse, the current state of commercial mainstream movie industry is disgusting.
And something else, the problem is that the movies barely are made by the directors/artists anymore, they are made by a studio board meetings based on demographic and market analyis, that is why they are all so cookie cutter and souless, the best example of this is of course the MCU, specially something like Endgame, which is a perfect example of everything wrong with the movie industry today and all around a bad movie.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:23 PM, Nekr0s1s said:

By the way, have anyone watched Once Upon a Time In Hollywood? Is it worth it? For the record, i've watched nearly every Quentin Tarantino movie; i'm only missing Jackie Brown and Death Proof, and a couple ones by other directors but still associated with him, such as Natural Born Killers.

I have. I really like Tarantino's movies and this one was nice but not up to par with my all time favourite, The Hateful Eight.

I did think it was not aimed for those outside the US. I feel that if I knew the zeitgeist of the time and the history of Mansons better I would enjoy this movie so much more. I did of course recognize most of the real life heroes, like Tate, Polanski, McQueen etc.

This however will not stop me from watching the upcoming extended Netflix version.