Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xeogred

Playing one wad with music from another wad?

I've tried looking a bit into custom music for Doom, but I wonder if there's a simple way to just load music only from one wad while I play levels from another wad? I beat Revilution recently and loved it, now I wonder if I can replay the original TNT with the same tracks and map numbers (could see that being hit or miss, maybe not always fitting the map but oh well).

I use GZDoom, is this possible?

I also thought about such a question.

Maybe it will be the source-port option where you can specify a special command-line parameter at startup, where the wad from which the music will be used?

Consider this as a feature request.

Posted (edited)

You could extract all of the music using SLADE and pop them in their own wad to play alongside!

Depending on various factors, like what else is in the wads besides music and maps, you might be able to simply load both wads, making sure to load last the one with the maps you want to play.  It is worth a try.

5 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

You could extract all of the music using SLADE and pop them in their own wad to play alongside!

This would be the easiest. Use SLADE to copy all the midis to a new wad and run that with your selected map wad.

45 minutes ago, Empyre said:

Depending on various factors, like what else is in the wads besides music and maps, you might be able to simply load both wads, making sure to load last the one with the maps you want to play.  It is worth a try.

Nevermind.  I just realized that doing that would override the music you want from the other wad with the music that comes with the maps, which you don't want.