Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

gimme some interesting mods that aren't HDOOM!

Knee deep in ZDOOM is a pretty good spin of E1 for DOOM and takes advantage of ZDOOM's Engine

Zen Dynamics is Pretty fun and a unique WAD for what it is

Winter's Fury is also really good but kills the performance on older machines.

Also Temple of the Lizardmen 3 is a awesome TC that throws in some exploration.

There's this Randomized map that is really fantastic, obviously a masterpiece and it's clearly the author's magnum opus. The guy who made it is also pretty handsome, if that helps.

Made by the same very handsome guy is XParkour, which is a big update to Xaser's really cool Parkour mod.

Okay, self-advertising over, now to the really good stuff:

The Trooper

Netronian Chaos

Complex Doom

MetaDoom

Death Foretold

ModOhFun!

There's way, way more mods than these but people already mentioned most of them, so i bought in the ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

Because no dbzone tests, I know it does not have many changes but it is very fun and in some part complicated.

Pillowblaster's fantastic mods Guncaster, Russian Overkill and Trailblazer. They are just very fun mods overall. I would say play Trailblazer then Russian overkill then Guncaster. Guncaster is no doubt better then both of Russian Overkill and Trailblazer combined with much larger levels of polish and quality, Russian Overkill is just the most ridiculous and overpowered weapons crammed into one mod, Trailblazer is probably the least fleshed out and the most tame mod out of the holy trilogy, inspired by cheesy 80's action movies.

Project Brutality altho you might want to get either 2.03 of the 3.0 stable version unless you're okay with the possibility of having a few bugs here and there

On 7/1/2019 at 1:32 PM, Will183 said:

Pillowblaster's fantastic mods Guncaster, Russian Overkill and Trailblazer. They are just very fun mods overall. I would say play Trailblazer then Russian overkill then Guncaster. Guncaster is no doubt better then both of Russian Overkill and Trailblazer combined with much larger levels of polish and quality, Russian Overkill is just the most ridiculous and overpowered weapons crammed into one mod, Trailblazer is probably the least fleshed out and the most tame mod out of the holy trilogy, inspired by cheesy 80's action movies.

You've got to be really careful which WADS you play with Guncaster especially. You get SO OP SO QUICKLY. It's madness. Definitely good Slaughter map additions though. Been meaning to try Guncaster with Sunder. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:32 AM, Will183 said:

Thanks!  I had tried and failed to find out who made Russian Overkill.  It has no credits inside the pk3, nor any associated txt file.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:44 AM, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

You've got to be really careful which WADS you play with Guncaster especially. You get SO OP SO QUICKLY. It's madness. Definitely good Slaughter map additions though. Been meaning to try Guncaster with Sunder. 

Yeah, I don't really think balance is something Pillowblaster really cared about in the first place though, considering the super shotgun just creates a wall of shrapnel and death.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:26 AM, Will183 said:

Yeah, I don't really think balance is something Pillowblaster really cared about in the first place though, considering the super shotgun just creates a wall of shrapnel and death.

Hella fun though. 

On 6/13/2019 at 6:27 AM, GamingMarine said:

I'm talking about Cookiedemon.

This one.

Reveal hidden contents

The only reason why I included her in the mod is because I thought to myself, "I'm currently in my mid-teens, and teens are known for being aroused by everything, so why don't I just add this in?"

i totally agree these mlp mods are horrible

Edited by jakedoll360

On 6/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, GamingMarine said:

It's a mod where you play as me, killing MLP characters with the assistance of a female cacodemon. In other words, it's a mod that's in no way meant to be taken seriously, and could be a potential contender for the worst Doom mod ever made.

Could you perhaps link to it, or a thread you've made about it?