Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

gimme some interesting mods that aren't HDOOM!

Recommended Posts

That HDOOM thing was a joke, i'd never play HDOOM.

 

I want some DOOM mods that can make me go: "WOW what the fuck is this and why is it the best thing ever" or "holy crap this is my life for the next few hours

I want a mod that has atleast a little bit of gameplay changes, new guns and stuff.

 

i've only played brutal doom and reelism.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Try my gore mod Random Deaths and Decoration. It's similar to Smooth Doom or Brutal Doom but without the heavy use of special effects, it's meant as something you can use with other blood mods, like Droplets or NashGore (both tested and work fine) and your favorite weapon mod(s).

It's pretty much meant to be complimentary with other mods.that don't conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Boomslang said:

That HDOOM thing was a joke, i'd never play HDOOM.

 

2YqTJKq.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hideous Destructor - ARMA-esque realistic gameplay, in DOOM. As crazy as it sounds, yet undeniably well made.

 

MSPaint Doom - exactly what it says on the tin. Comes with some gameplay changes, as you like them.

 

Adventures of Square - a standalone TC. Don't let the looks fool you - it's got legitimately awesome level design, weapons, enemies, art direction, music... Everything! Especially Episode 2, it rules.

 

Serpent: Resurrection - a mod for Hexen and not Doom, still, it gives the game a more-or-less open world and other changes for that true RPG feeling; pretty neat.

 

Castlevania: Simon's Destiny - it's Castlevania, in first person!

 

Total Chaos - another TC, now with extreme graphics quality and horror gameplay. Spent a long time in development!

 

Inquisitor III - there's also Inquisitor I and II, of course - a series of expansive maps with some focus on melee gameplay and grimdark medieval landscapes; the story is that our beloved Doomguy was transported into this dimension to help out with some nasty problems, and it gets better from there.

 

Hellshots Golf - fully playable Golf across maps both sensible and weird and a variety of character cameos from other famed mods, it's mostly pretty self explanatory.

 

ZDoom Wars (i) - an RTS of sorts, in Doom! Summon armies consisting of monsters from the various Doom Engine games and duke it out across massive maps. There's also plenty of addons to add even more playable factions.

 

Trust me, there's a lot of good mods out there, but I wouldn't want to take up the entire page, haha. Don't forget to try out the various gameplay mods with custom map packs as well! (Particularly fun if they're thematically fitting)

Edited by gamevoin : Un-italics

Share this post


Link to post

from personal experience, I recommend hdoom.

jk.

 

Demonsteele!! Demonsteele!!

There's a lot of Mods, but I can't send you a 19+ GB Folder full of them, sorry matey.

However, why not play Project Brutality?

Cold As Hell? Maybe you can test DooM RLA?

Share this post


Link to post

There's quite a few out there I'd like to recommend, some of my favorites being Doom Incarnate, The Trailblazer, MetaDoom, and (Shameless self-promoting here) GamingMarine in Doom, something I'm working on which will be released someday.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, gamevoin said:

Hideous Destructor - ARMA-esque realistic gameplay, in DOOM. As crazy as it sounds, yet undeniably well made.

 

MSPaint Doom - exactly what it says on the tin. Comes with some gameplay changes, as you like them.

 

Adventures of Square - a standalone TC. Don't let the looks fool you - it's got legitimately awesome level design, weapons, enemies, art direction, music... Everything! Especially Episode 2, it rules.

 

Serpent: Resurrection - a mod for Hexen and not Doom, still, it gives the game a more-or-less open world and other changes for that true RPG feeling; pretty neat.

 

Castlevania: Simon's Destiny - it's Castlevania, in first person!

 

Total Chaos - another TC, now with extreme graphics quality and horror gameplay. Spent a long time in development!

 

Inquisitor III - there's also Inquisitor I and II, of course - a series of expansive maps with some focus on melee gameplay and grimdark medieval landscapes; the story is that our beloved Doomguy was transported into this dimension to help out with some nasty problems, and it gets better from there.

 

Hellshots Golf - fully playable Golf across maps both sensible and weird and a variety of character cameos from other famed mods, it's mostly pretty self explanatory.

 

ZDoom Wars (i) - an RTS of sorts, in Doom! Summon armies consisting of monsters from the various Doom Engine games and duke it out across massive maps. There's also plenty of addons to add even more playable factions.

 

Trust me, there's a lot of good mods out there, but I wouldn't want to take up the entire page, haha. Don't forget to try out the various gameplay mods with custom map packs as well! (Particularly fun if they're thematically fitting)\

dude thank youuuu  i'm gonna try that ms paint doom and castlevaina thing right now!! thanks!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Glaice said:

Try my gore mod Random Deaths and Decoration. It's similar to Smooth Doom or Brutal Doom but without the heavy use of special effects, it's meant as something you can use with other blood mods, like Droplets or NashGore (both tested and work fine) and your favorite weapon mod(s).

It's pretty much meant to be complimentary with other mods.that don't conflict.

eh, gore mods are kinda boring once you get brutal doom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

There's quite a few out there I'd like to recommend, some of my favorites being Doom Incarnate, The Trailblazer, MetaDoom, and (Shameless self-promoting here) GamingMarine in Doom, something I'm working on which will be released someday.

what's gaming marine in doom about?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, gamevoin said:

Hideous Destructor - ARMA-esque realistic gameplay, in DOOM. As crazy as it sounds, yet undeniably well made.

 

MSPaint Doom - exactly what it says on the tin. Comes with some gameplay changes, as you like them.

 

Adventures of Square - a standalone TC. Don't let the looks fool you - it's got legitimately awesome level design, weapons, enemies, art direction, music... Everything! Especially Episode 2, it rules.

 

Serpent: Resurrection - a mod for Hexen and not Doom, still, it gives the game a more-or-less open world and other changes for that true RPG feeling; pretty neat.

 

Castlevania: Simon's Destiny - it's Castlevania, in first person!

 

Total Chaos - another TC, now with extreme graphics quality and horror gameplay. Spent a long time in development!

 

Inquisitor III - there's also Inquisitor I and II, of course - a series of expansive maps with some focus on melee gameplay and grimdark medieval landscapes; the story is that our beloved Doomguy was transported into this dimension to help out with some nasty problems, and it gets better from there.

 

Hellshots Golf - fully playable Golf across maps both sensible and weird and a variety of character cameos from other famed mods, it's mostly pretty self explanatory.

 

ZDoom Wars (i) - an RTS of sorts, in Doom! Summon armies consisting of monsters from the various Doom Engine games and duke it out across massive maps. There's also plenty of addons to add even more playable factions.

 

Trust me, there's a lot of good mods out there, but I wouldn't want to take up the entire page, haha. Don't forget to try out the various gameplay mods with custom map packs as well! (Particularly fun if they're thematically fitting)

 

unknown.png

 

Uh, MSpaint doom isn't loading correctly. how do i fix this

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

MSpaint doom isn't loading correctly.

Ngh, now how could I mess up that badly? It requires the Zandronum source port to run, and is incompatible with GZDoom, which is quite lame - if you still wish to give it a try, make sure that you load the 6.0hf version and not the one in big bold letters at the top as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, gamevoin said:

Ngh, now how could I mess up that badly? It requires the Zandronum source port to run, and is incompatible with GZDoom, which is quite lame - if you still wish to give it a try, make sure that you load the 6.0hf version and not the one in big bold letters at the top as well.

okay :(

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

:(

Aww, don't cry: here - I've edited it up a little and made it load with GZDoom! Beware that I haven't tested it for longer than a few minutes, but at least it loads up and didn't crash during that time, haha. (Don't forget the Shotgun Sound Patch, it works with GZ as-is, despite being titled "for Zan 3.0")

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, gamevoin said:

Aww, don't cry: here - I've edited it up a little and made it load with GZDoom! Beware that I haven't tested it for longer than a few minutes, but at least it loads up and didn't crash during that time, haha. (Don't forget the Shotgun Sound Patch, it works with GZ as-is, despite being titled "for Zan 3.0")

holy shit, thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Death Foretold (D4T) and Quake Champions: Doom Edition (QCDE) are good mods. Recommended to use Zandronum for them.

Share this post


Link to post

The latest version of GZDoom is 4.1.2, assuming you have a somewhat modern graphics card.

Share this post


Link to post

You can't go wrong with Combined Arms. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boomslang said:

boring

 

3 hours ago, Boomslang said:

brutal doom

 

Are you kidding me?

Share this post


Link to post

Shadow of the Wool Ball, and it's sequel, Rise of the Wool Ball.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Boomslang said:

what's gaming marine in doom about?

It's a mod where you play as me, killing MLP characters with the assistance of a female cacodemon. In other words, it's a mod that's in no way meant to be taken seriously, and could be a potential contender for the worst Doom mod ever made.

Share this post


Link to post

>Interesting mod

>not HDoom

Now that's a difficult question.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Juza said:

>Interesting mod

>not HDoom

Now that's a difficult question.

Eh, we got La Tailor Girl covered.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, GamingMarine said:

It's a mod where you play as me, killing MLP characters with the assistance of a female cacodemon. In other words, it's a mod that's in no way meant to be taken seriously, and could be a potential contender for the worst Doom mod ever made.

which female cacodemon are we talking about?
The one that i randomly see on image websites (which are very cursed don't find them unless you wanna be scarred) or the Hdoom cacodemon which is just a woman with extremely bushy and long hair.

 

and is naked also

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boomslang said:

which female cacodemon are we talking about?
The one that i randomly see on image websites (which are very cursed don't find them unless you wanna be scarred) or the Hdoom cacodemon which is just a woman with extremely bushy and long hair.

 

and is naked also

I'm talking about Cookiedemon.

This one.

Spoiler

926332afaf3939cd55f7ca3a451fa22255fbf1a20020c801878b68f2ed1436dc.png.cf73c785afe1a031d6e7ee043caf0d31.png

The only reason why I included her in the mod is because I thought to myself, "I'm currently in my mid-teens, and teens are known for being aroused by everything, so why don't I just add this in?"

Edited by GamingMarine

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×