Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

3 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

A rather trivial question. Will you (Beloko) add support for Android TV? I would love Dooming on TV in a conventional manner.

Sorry if the answer is complicated and far-fetched, I'm aware of the fact that Delta Touch is essentially a frontend for various Doom ports.

Yes I need to try again, it was rejected a few times for not having a good enough interface for a gamepad. It needs a re-design for it to be accepted.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

A rather trivial question. Will you (Beloko) add support for Android TV? I would love Dooming on TV in a conventional manner.

Sorry if the answer is complicated and far-fetched, I'm aware of the fact that Delta Touch is essentially a frontend for various Doom ports.

I am also interested in this.  I already play on my TV with Delta, either through my phone's usbc to HDMI, or my Chromebook.  I've also sideloaded the app onto a fire TV ages ago and it all works perfect with controller and mouse.

I don't know much about Android TV just yet but I'd assume it's just a TV friendly app marketplace, Quad and Delta belong there if they aren't already.

Edit:  Just saw Beloko's response, yeah it's kinda complicated, way easier with a touchscreen to setup than with controller only.  I wonder if it's possible to have an automapper like Retroarch.

Edited by CrbnBased

On 8/25/2020 at 1:15 PM, CrbnBased said:

I have very little experience with modern Doom multiplayer, I still do it the old fashioned way, and mostly local coop with choc or Gzdoom.  So please, if I'm wrong about something, let me know.

It seems Doomseeker is cross platform, it supports Linux which is essentially the base of Android.  Is it possible to make an app of it?  What are the hurdles (Android OS limitations, cross app compatibility, licensing). Also the design of the app, might be a nightmare.  Doomseeker has a ton of options, but all that may not transfer well to a touch screen that's 5-6 inches.

Even the very basic internet server explorer would be welcome. The options could be easily accesseble if you increase the size of buttons (or make the size of buttons adjustable). The IDE, Internet Doom Explorer is the best one there, it even has dedicated server option and IRC, that one is the one I'd love to have, but I'm not sure if that one is possible to port. Maybe you can ask on Internet Doom Explorer website's forum - http://doomutils.ucoz.com/

Some time ago I made a library of functions for creating launchers for Doom ports - ide_net
I think it might work here as well, because it supports Linux - someone only needs to create the necessary UI

On 9/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, bond said:

Some time ago I made a library of functions for creating launchers for Doom ports - ide_net
I think it might work here as well, because it supports Linux - someone only needs to create the necessary UI

Nice! This will be a very good reference. 

I've started making a server browser for Android (and Delta Touch), it's currently very basic and just reads the master server and displays some info:

https://github.com/emileb/ZandronumBrowser

I'm using it as an opportunity to learn Kotlin and I'm trying to architect it the 'correct' Android way so it's taking longer than it should :)

Just saw the latest update for delta touch go live. Anybody got it yet? How is gzdoom 4.5 pre compared to 4.4.2? 

58 minutes ago, ali said:

Just saw the latest update for delta touch go live. Anybody got it yet? How is gzdoom 4.5 pre compared to 4.4.2? 

It fixes a memory leak which caused 4.4.2 to slow down and crash after a while with some mods. I made a good speed increase to LZdoom when using GLES3 also.

Main addition is the Doom 3 engine!

Wow I'm impressed! Only a couple things I noticed (and I know it's only just released) but anti allaising if set above x4 and restart the game it reverts to 0 so x4 is the highest value possible for now. I was using headphones and it sounds like there's way too much reverb in certain areas but I suspect that's more down to pk3 files of the game rather than your application. What really impressed me was being able to set to ultra and it ran like a champ at 60+ FPS almost all the time. Granted I do have a high spec phone so I was wondering just how far I can push it and it didn't break a sweat! Anything else I notice il come back to you. Thanks once again for another incredible update

14 hours ago, beloko said:

Thank you beloko, this is very kind as some other app creators would just make it separate app for the $$$. Keep up the work, everyone here is rooting for you!

14 hours ago, beloko said:

Well this is such a pleasant surprise. Hope things work well for all once it comes.

7 hours ago, HTiD said:

Wow I'm impressed! Only a couple things I noticed (and I know it's only just released) but anti allaising if set above x4 and restart the game it reverts to 0 so x4 is the highest value possible for now. I was using headphones and it sounds like there's way too much reverb in certain areas but I suspect that's more down to pk3 files of the game rather than your application. What really impressed me was being able to set to ultra and it ran like a champ at 60+ FPS almost all the time. Granted I do have a high spec phone so I was wondering just how far I can push it and it didn't break a sweat! Anything else I notice il come back to you. Thanks once again for another incredible update

Cheers! Yes I think it runs pretty much as fast possible now - I added multithreading to the rendering which (depending on device) increased performance by 20% to 40%.

For the sound reverb, type this into the custom Args: "+set s_useEAXReverb 0" It is on by default which causes echo. I will make this an option to toggle in the next release.

4 hours ago, beloko said:

Cheers! Yes I think it runs pretty much as fast possible now - I added multithreading to the rendering which (depending on device) increased performance by 20% to 40%.

For the sound reverb, type this into the custom Args: "+set s_useEAXReverb 0" It is on by default which causes echo. I will make this an option to toggle in the next release.

ok so I tried the command and it comes back with a couple of warning when loading up. I did copy and paste your command so shouldn't be a typo. I'm happy to wait for a toggle when you get chance to add it

4 hours ago, beloko said:

Screenshot_20200913-133636.jpg

Screenshot_20200913-133536.jpg

3 minutes ago, HTiD said:

ok so I tried the command and it comes back with a couple of warning when loading up. I did copy and paste your command so shouldn't be a typo. I'm happy to wait for a toggle when you get chance to add it

Screenshot_20200913-133636.jpg

Screenshot_20200913-133536.jpg

Huh, OK that is really strange. I think the problem was the copy/paste from here, it's probably copied some invisible formatting around the text. 

If you want to try again, clear the args and manually type it in instead. 

So typing the command worked fine, audio is much better now. I was just playing with a Bluetooth controller and it would definitely benefit from being able to set up a layout system much like you have already got in place for the classic games. Moving and looking and shooting are ok. But could do with some dedicated keys for things like reload, flash light etc. The PDA is totally un-useable with a controller you can't move the cursor to be able to select stuff. I'm sure you're probably aware of this but I wanted to do my part in reporting my findings. There are also times when I won't play with a controller and other times I will situationally dependant so profiles to go between either or would be great

Shame i don't have any android phone anymore, but is quite nice that Beloko updated Delta Touch  with Doom 3 engine. Beloko apps are top notch.

Even he sent me a key for Delta Touch, after i told him that i had bought the old version that was removed from the store.

As much as a improvement gzdoom 4.5 pre is over 4.4.2, it would be really awesome if 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 was brought back as a legacy engine. It felt like those 2 engines were near perfect for cell phones trying to run mods like project brutality and brutal doom black edition. Here's to hoping u oblige this request beloko. 

10 hours ago, HTiD said:

So typing the command worked fine, audio is much better now. I was just playing with a Bluetooth controller and it would definitely benefit from being able to set up a layout system much like you have already got in place for the classic games. Moving and looking and shooting are ok. But could do with some dedicated keys for things like reload, flash light etc. The PDA is totally un-useable with a controller you can't move the cursor to be able to select stuff. I'm sure you're probably aware of this but I wanted to do my part in reporting my findings. There are also times when I won't play with a controller and other times I will situationally dependant so profiles to go between either or would be great

What controller do you have? There is supposed to be full controller support to make the game playable just with a controller. It IS presuming you have dual analogue sticks however, they are required to play.

In the gamepad settings you can bind flashlight, pda, reload etc. Let me know

1 hour ago, beloko said:

What controller do you have? There is supposed to be full controller support to make the game playable just with a controller. It IS presuming you have dual analogue sticks however, they are required to play.

In the gamepad settings you can bind flashlight, pda, reload etc. Let me know

I have a gamesir S4 (pro?) I think it's called. It's basically a replica Xbox controller which has built in clip stand thingy which holds the phone in place above the controller. Il have another look at it when I get home after work. Perhaps I missed something in the settings or something

Hmm I can't get the PDA to work even on touch screen now.... A slightly lengthy video for what it is. But it appears normal movement controls are still working when in the PDA because I got lost when I came out of the PDA for the 1st time and I was looking for it and I had moved away, turned and crouched. And the buttons don't do anything while in the PDA 

I tested with my controller (which is a gamesir G4S) and it's pretty much the same. I was able to find the key bindings this time which I wasn't able to see yesterday I'm sure it was blank. Anyway, he's a video 

Edit;

I had some accuracy issues at the start trying to actually select the game file and I started recording in portrait mode so the aspect ratio is all weird for the entire recording, appolagies

Edited by HTiD

@HTiD OK the touch screen and gamepad issues are the same issue. 

It could be something strange in your files. Make sure you only have fikes pak000.pk4 to pak004.pk4 in 'base'. 

Also delete all config files etc. Not seen this issue before. Thanks for the videos 

Hey Beloko, 

I have a doubt, There is a mod for DOOM3 known as The Lost Mission(BFG Edition's expansion) which requires the base game of both DOOM3 as well as Resurrection of evil. Will it work for android? And will the Sikkmod support android DOOM3 or will it be like DIII4A(white blood after applying sikkmod)? 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, David Llewellyn Jones said:

Hey Beloko, 

I have a doubt, There is a mod for DOOM3 known as The Lost Mission(BFG Edition's expansion) which requires the base game of both DOOM3 as well as Resurrection of evil. Will it work for android? And will the Sikkmod support android DOOM3 or will it be like DIII4A(white blood after applying sikkmod)? 

There is Lost Mission support in the latest version of the app. Sikkmod (and mods like it) will not work as it uses new compile game code, it also contains a load of very old ARB shaders which will not run on mobile.

8 hours ago, David Llewellyn Jones said:

What about any other HD textures pack? 

Yes they should work, if they just change textures/maps.

8 hours ago, David Llewellyn Jones said:

Can you please add Quake 4 source port to Quad Touch? There is a Quake.4 source port for Linux. I can send the link if you want. 

Thanks for creating all wonderful source ports

Thanks! Quake 4 source code is not released unfortunately. Not sure what the Linux Q4 port is, I guess an it's a hack of the Windows binaries somehow?

22 hours ago, beloko said:

Not sure what the Linux Q4 port is, I guess an it's a hack of the Windows binaries somehow?

Quake4 has an official Linux port like Prey did. However...

1 hour ago, David Llewellyn Jones said:

The link of id tech 4 source code if you want. 

https://www.moddb.com/engines/id-tech-4/downloads/id-tech-4-source-code

Idtech4 is nothing like 1. You can't simply add a couple of things to run Prey and Quake4 from Doom3's source code (which is what was released). There's way too much missing and that code will not be sufficient, and they never had their own code released so there's no easy way to go about that without it.