Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

2 hours ago, Nash said:

Not sure which thread to put this in. :P

With the up-and-coming potato GLES2 backend, will there be a possibility to bring back the shader-based lightmodes ("software" and "vanilla", at least?), or are those the sacrifices that had to be made to get back the fast performance?

Secondly, framerate tanks when standing in front of a mirror (using the potato renderer). Can be tested easily by downloading Kinsie's test map pack, warping to the map called "test" and then turning around to face the mirror.

Yeah I plan to add the other lightmodes back, they operate differently so I need to figure out how they work.

I noticed the mirror issue actually, not sure what I broke but I think it basically tries to the draw the entire level seen from the mirror. I think it's something to do with the clipping planes I broke, not sure yet.

Would it be possible to add detailed DECORATE/ZScript error messages on startup, like its PC counterpart? It's really hard to debug mods on Delta Touch when all it says is "7 DECORATE errors" but it doesn't tell me which mod, and which line, is it having trouble compiling... :P

26 minutes ago, Nash said:

Would it be possible to add detailed DECORATE/ZScript error messages on startup, like its PC counterpart? It's really hard to debug mods on Delta Touch when all it says is "7 DECORATE errors" but it doesn't tell me which mod, and which line, is it having trouble compiling... :P

Did you know about the 'View last log' button in the app? It should show you the full last log generated by the engine which may help? 

4 hours ago, beloko said:

Did you know about the 'View last log' button in the app? It should show you the full last log generated by the engine which may help? 

When I press this button the app seems to freeze and I'd have to force-close the app...

5 minutes ago, Nash said:

When I press this button the app seems to freeze and I'd have to force-close the app...

Huh, this suggests the log is huge, does it work if you press it while on another engine? Try waiting for a bit longer while loads.

I need to fix it so loads large logs in pieces.

Hmm, seems to work now, and I can see the log is quite short. Not sure what's up with the freezing from before... probably, like you said, the log was too large.

I have maybe a question, which was already asked. I tried to continue my playthrough on D-Touch on the PC. On D-Touch I played a custom wad via PRBoom Plus 2.6.

I downloaded the same now for pc and tried to load my save file from this custom wad. But on the pc I received the message about a corrupt save file.

Are the source ports within delta touch customized or why was this attempt by me a failure? I would love to have some kind of cross-save between pc and mobile. :)

Edit: It was a quicksave. Maybe I should test a regular save.

Edit 2: tested another save game and the message in the game says: "incompatible savegame version!!! Are you sure?"

Then a windows message appears: "couldn't read file [enter savegame path here] (unknown error)"

Edit 3: I looked with a text editor into the save file and I saw, that still the directories from my phone were there. But inserting the path directories from my pc didn't make the save game readable. The error message just changes from "incompatible savegame" to "corrupt savegame".

Edit 4: I searched the whole thread for "save" and no one ever spoke about cross-save.

Tbh, the unity port of DOOM also doesn't offer cross-save. Actually with console commands/cheats I could jump to the desired level and continue with just a pistol start. And I think with the cheats possible with PrBoom+, I could even add weapons and ammo, which I already have. The only issue would be, that I would start with 100% health, but this can be corrected very easily. :D

Edited by Kyle07

Beloko have you thought about making uwp (universal windows platform) version of Delta & quad touch? This would open up a door to Xbox one, Xbox series X & s and obviously other windows devices. I use FTP to get files over to my Xbox to play retroarch which has about a billion different systems it can run including software rendered doom & quake. It is possible to use other emulators like ppsspp through the Xbox to load quake mods like insomnia for a half way decent quake experience but it's not quite the same as delta & quad. Bringing gzdoom & the more advanced quake engines like quakespasm & darkplaces to console would be amazing and I would most definitely be happy to pay for both again to use on my xbox. I think there's potentially a market out there for these games on consoles and considering to the best of my knowledge no one else has done it yet

On 4/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, Kyle07 said:

I have maybe a question, which was already asked. I tried to continue my playthrough on D-Touch on the PC. On D-Touch I played a custom wad via PRBoom Plus 2.6.

I downloaded the same now for pc and tried to load my save file from this custom wad. But on the pc I received the message about a corrupt save file.

Are the source ports within delta touch customized or why was this attempt by me a failure? I would love to have some kind of cross-save between pc and mobile. :)

I'll give it a go. I have not  changed anything to do with the save games so I guess it depends how they are technically implemented and if they have any architecture dependent data. There may just be a check in the engine which can be disabled.

Just finished Doom 3 it's taken ages on and off playing but wow that was fun! Admittedly I didn't play much to start with and playing other stuff in between but I got hooked and loved playing through that campaign! On to resurrection of evil next and after the lost mission!

May I ask, without trying to sound like a entitled little bitch or bossing you around but what have you got lined up as working on now and your what future plans? BFG edition perhaps? 

1 hour ago, HTiD said:

Just finished Doom 3 it's taken ages on and off playing but wow that was fun! Admittedly I didn't play much to start with and playing other stuff in between but I got hooked and loved playing through that campaign! On to resurrection of evil next and after the lost mission!

May I ask, without trying to sound like a entitled little bitch or bossing you around but what have you got lined up as working on now and your what future plans? BFG edition perhaps? 

Yes it's a great game!

Looking at 'Raze Touch' (name TBD!) Seems to be working well so far.

2 hours ago, beloko said:

Yes it's a great game!

Looking at 'Raze Touch' (name TBD!) Seems to be working well so far.

And Raze Touch being catered towards BFG edition?

10 hours ago, HTiD said:

And Raze Touch being catered towards BFG edition?

No sorry, mobile port of Raze, the port for all the Build engine games.

Having a go at loading some Doom 3 mods and just wanted to check the file path to make sure it's correct. The storage settings menu instructs .pk4 should be in the Base folder but the mod I'm trying (Doom 3 Absolute HD) says to place in the root of Doom 3 folder. Preferably I would like to keep mods in their own separate subfolders to keep things tidy and so I don't get mixed up between different sets of .pk4 for different mods etc

In the root of D3 folder the mods do appear in the delta menu but report 0 size as shown. If placed in the Base folder they disappear from the Delta menu and to load them with +set fs_game absolutehd

How ever even if the mods are in the root of Doom 3 folder the launch option of 

+set fs_game absolutehd does appear on its own by default when selected and the game loads and plays and stuff. I'm just a bit confused by the 0 size cos those 2 mods should be around 2.8gb combined (1.5 + 1.3).

What would be the best practice here to make sure it's being loaded correctly?

Screenshot_20210601-084043_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg

On 5/27/2021 at 8:07 AM, beloko said:

No sorry, mobile port of Raze, the port for all the Build engine games.

Nice... That should give quite a few more possibilities of games!

23 hours ago, HTiD said:

Having a go at loading some Doom 3 mods and just wanted to check the file path to make sure it's correct. The storage settings menu instructs .pk4 should be in the Base folder but the mod I'm trying (Doom 3 Absolute HD) says to place in the root of Doom 3 folder. Preferably I would like to keep mods in their own separate subfolders to keep things tidy and so I don't get mixed up between different sets of .pk4 for different mods etc

In the root of D3 folder the mods do appear in the delta menu but report 0 size as shown. If placed in the Base folder they disappear from the Delta menu and to load them with +set fs_game absolutehd

How ever even if the mods are in the root of Doom 3 folder the launch option of 

+set fs_game absolutehd does appear on its own by default when selected and the game loads and plays and stuff. I'm just a bit confused by the 0 size cos those 2 mods should be around 2.8gb combined (1.5 + 1.3).

What would be the best practice here to make sure it's being loaded correctly?

Screenshot_20210601-084043_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg

Looks like you have an extra unnecessary level of folder in your mod folder. I would try moving whatever folder is in 'doom3_ahd_17_full' UP a level in to 'D3'. That folder should then contain the PK4 files I guess?

The file sizes shown only check THAT folder, it is not a recursive operation (This was to speed up loading)

2 hours ago, beloko said:

Looks like you have an extra unnecessary level of folder in your mod folder. I would try moving whatever folder is in 'doom3_ahd_17_full' UP a level in to 'D3'. That folder should then contain the PK4 files I guess?

The file sizes shown only check THAT folder, it is not a recursive operation (This was to speed up loading)

Yes you were right I forgot the pk4 were in another folder... Removing that extra layer the mods shown above actually load now and because it was my first time trying to use them I wasn't sure it was actually working and now I can see the absolute hd actually has a totally different main menu and stuff so its being loaded which is good. The bad news is that Absolute HD is force closing Delta. The game will load through the menu and stuff but as you go to a new game and it has the loading screen the game crashes while it loads to actually play but the main menu works etc. Same as reserction of evil but the console actually displays a message rather than just totally crash the app. I can see on Delta there is a show last log but I can't see where the log file is actually stored so I'd like to send you if you can let me know where its generated? It might be the mod it's self is too much for my phone to handle (OnePlus 8 pro 12gb ram Snapdragon 865 256gb storage

edit here is the link to the mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/absolutehd/downloads/doom-3-absolute-hd-17

edit 2 I found the email log button! I have sent a copy. Thanks

Screenshot_20210602-094415_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-095217_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg

Edited by HTiD

1 hour ago, HTiD said:

OK Thanks, I can't download that now but looking at the feature list it seems this is more than just new GFX? Does it have a new .dll file included in the mod?

Mods which have a modified DLL file will not work in the app because it can not be loaded in Android (Also Dhewm 3 changed the game interface). Do you know if this mod works with Dhewm3 on the PC?

45 minutes ago, beloko said:

OK Thanks, I can't download that now but looking at the feature list it seems this is more than just new GFX? Does it have a new .dll file included in the mod?

Mods which have a modified DLL file will not work in the app because it can not be loaded in Android (Also Dhewm 3 changed the game interface). Do you know if this mod works with Dhewm3 on the PC?

I'm pretty sure when I extracted the file it was just .pk4 files 1-6. I will download it again when I'm home to make sure I didn't delete other files but pretty sure I didn't. I have a basic laptop at home I could test on, runs a variant of Linux (manjaro) but only has 4gb ram and haswell i3 CPU with integrated graphics card 4400 or something like that. 

Yeah there is a gamex86.dll file. I don't actually know how to screenshot on on my laptop hence the photo lol So it won't work cos that file means it's aimed to run on a pc.

Any recommendations for mods to try out?

Edit

looking at the Dhwem 3 website they have several suggestions so il stick with those for now. Sorry to of been a pain in the ass! 

IMG_20210602_172810219.jpg

Edited by HTiD

Dear beloko,

Hope you are doing well. Recently my (realme x2 8/128) recieved the android 11 update. Everything is going well except for delta touch. You see whenever I start a new game using mods or not regardless which iwad or pwad I play the frame rate is all over the place. If I use my phones internal video recorder during gameplay it runs at a solid 60 fps 99% of the times but otherwise everything starts to run at 30 fps or a bit below than that.

I don't know if it has to do with my phones recent Android 11 update or delta touch not being optimized enough for Android 11 but hopefully you will be able to find a solution for this issue. Here is to hearing from you very soon. Take care and thank you. 

8 hours ago, ali said:

Dear beloko,

Hope you are doing well. Recently my (realme x2 8/128) recieved the android 11 update. Everything is going well except for delta touch. You see whenever I start a new game using mods or not regardless which iwad or pwad I play the frame rate is all over the place. If I use my phones internal video recorder during gameplay it runs at a solid 60 fps 99% of the times but otherwise everything starts to run at 30 fps or a bit below than that.

I don't know if it has to do with my phones recent Android 11 update or delta touch not being optimized enough for Android 11 but hopefully you will be able to find a solution for this issue. Here is to hearing from you very soon. Take care and thank you. 

Are you using a gamepad or the touchscreen?

On 6/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, beloko said:

I don't to go too much off topic but if you are interested in Delta Touch you may be interested in 'Raze Touch' which supports:

Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, BLOOD, Redneck Rampage, NAM, Powerslave.

Download the beta here:

http://opentouchgaming.com/raze-touch/

Raze information here:

https://raze.zdoom.org/about

HOW COULD I'VE MISSED THAT!?!? :O

I've been waiting AGES to be able to play Duke 3D on android, and finally my dream became true! I have some FPS drops near mirrors and active security cameras, but other than that, the game works perfectly. Hope software rendering and custom resolutions can added someday :D

I'm so happy, thank you very,VERY much for this!

(sorry for going off-topic lol)

3 minutes ago, ali said:

@beloko using both.

Can you please test if the FPS goes up when you touch the screen? It sounds very much like a power saving feature of the device is kicking in.

@beloko it only goes up once I try to access the game assistant sidebar then it goes back to normal. Also using cpuz I've noticed that even if I have no apps running along with delta touch, suppose there is over 4.5 gb of free ram, the free ram somehow gets reduced to less than 3 gb. This never happened while my phone was on Android 10.

29 minutes ago, ali said:

@beloko it only goes up once I try to access the game assistant sidebar then it goes back to normal. Also using cpuz I've noticed that even if I have no apps running along with delta touch, suppose there is over 4.5 gb of free ram, the free ram somehow gets reduced to less than 3 gb. This never happened while my phone was on Android 10.

Does it go up and down as while you stay in the same place? Can you please see if changing the power saving mode to high performance  or off changes things?

@beloko it starts as 30 fps or less as soon as I start a new game or load a save wether using a mod or not and changing the performance mode from balanced to high performance does not make any difference. Only when I try to access the game assistant does it go back to 60 fps until I load a new game or a previous save then its back to 30fps wether I am using a gamepad or the touchscreen. Also it does not make any difference wether I enabled the game space feature for delta touch or not. I also made sure all forms of battery saving features that might effect delta touch'es performance in a negative way are turned off but to no avail. 

Ok maybe something to do with vsync.

Can you these these two commands at the console to turn on/off vsync:

vid_vsync 1

vid_vsync 0

See if that changes it.