Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

4 minutes ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

I have a 4Gb galaxy s8. When I launch I get a black screen for a period of 10-15 seconds, then I get a gray screen for a second and am back to the shell.  

Humm should work, but that does sound like what would happen if it ran out of GFX mem.

I just checked and it's taking 0.8GB RAM on my Note 20.

Some of those addons are pretty huge, try adding one at a time. Particularly the upscales, PBR and music ones might be too much. They are not required to play the mod anyway.

Delta Touch is seriously incredible by the way. I switched to Android after using IOS since the second iPhone just for Quad, Raze and especially Delta. Its insane being able to run these source ports with mods on a mobile device. On a snapdragon 865, I can run most mods at the highest resolution possible with zero issues. Only insanely taxing stuff like wolfenstein BOA can't run and even then, it's probably possible with tweaking. Side note, anyone ever try running Delta through Dex? I dont have a way to test it, but I'm always curious of if it runs just as well full screen on a monitor with mouse and keys.

All these apps work amazingly on DeX.  Galaxy s10e 8GB SD855 runs it amazingly, k/m controls are perfect.

3 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

All these apps work amazingly on DeX.  Galaxy s10e 8GB SD855 runs it amazingly, k/m controls are perfect.

That's so good to hear! I have a Mac but  want to buy a monitor and keyboard mouse to keep at my girlfriends and use my phone as a computer there, mostly for doom. It's amazing that we can carry around a tiny computer full of doom mods that will work in different configurations lol. 

On 12/13/2021 at 10:14 PM, beloko said:

Humm should work, but that does sound like what would happen if it ran out of GFX mem.

I just checked and it's taking 0.8GB RAM on my Note 20.

Thanks for the hint, Beloko! Indeed, in memory usage details Delta Touch was an obvious champion taking up more than 1.5Gb. Turns out I was rather recklessly using x4 texture scaling option, and switching that off has helped, I can now run CE on my phone, which is awesome.

11 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

All these apps work amazingly on DeX.

Second that. I was using my S8 to play this on a TV with a BT controller and it worked great. 

I also wanted to try similar setup but without DeX, so have purchased a DisplayLink 4K USB3 adapter and it worked ok with Retroarch for Amiga games, but I have not tried it with DeltaTouch yet. Again was aiming for a "sofa" gaming setup (i.e. with controller and not kb/m).

i'd like to create a toggle button for delta touch to enable or disable autofire mod, one guy asked me to make it and i've made it for zandronum, but having it on all the time may be a problem to the player, so.. any pointer to the doc or maybe something in general, to speed up my tries, would be cool

here is the mod: https://github.com/determin1st/BADoom/raw/master/autofire.pk3

Edited by michael

On 12/13/2021 at 12:14 PM, beloko said:

I just bought delta touch on google play and it has a license verification that never happens. 

I want to run this on my offline soc. How can I do this? I am trying to even use the phone i bought it on and still nothing. 

As far to my knowledge, Delta (and Quad, by extension) requires a one-time online license verification when you run a game for the first time. After that's done, you can play anytime. whether you're online or off.

Going back to running Doom CE on Delta, since I've figured out how to run it on my Galaxy S8, I was also able to switch GZDoom Dev to GLES 3.2 which actually enables shaders and makes CE look much closer to when run on a PC. Had to edit the PSX shader file to fix int to float conversion in couple of places, but now have PSX software rendering mode:

(Bloom is off here as it looks overdone on S8 and is too taxing).

One thing I've noticed was that although settings show GLES as backend, GZDoom Dev would load user shaders from shaders folder and ignore shaders_gles. Is this a Delta thing or general GZDoom behavior?

On 2/3/2022 at 8:58 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

Going back to running Doom CE on Delta, since I've figured out how to run it on my Galaxy S8, I was also able to switch GZDoom Dev to GLES 3.2 which actually enables shaders and makes CE look much closer to when run on a PC. Had to edit the PSX shader file to fix int to float conversion in couple of places, but now have PSX software rendering mode:

One thing I've noticed was that although settings show GLES as backend, GZDoom Dev would load user shaders from shaders folder and ignore shaders_gles. Is this a Delta thing or general GZDoom behavior?

Nice! Might be worth feeding back your shader fix into Doom CE if you can, would be usfull for others.

When in GLES mode it will load from shaders_gles, it fixes the path internally just before loading them so possibly the original path is printed out, is that why you thought it was loading from 'shaders'?

On 2/11/2022 at 2:02 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

Very curious when we might be seeing an update for Delta Touch, and whcich versions of port it will carry. So keen to get an updated version of Reteo...

Very soon, just fixing up last small issues this week. Retro is updated to latest v4.4.4

On 6/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, CrbnBased said:

Hello fellow Doomers!  I was just wondering if there is anyone like myself that almost exclusively plays Doom through Delta Touch on Android?

My goal is to get the Delta Touch Wiki updated as well as pool user experiences for any tips and tricks with the different source ports included in the app.  And I want to keep it very user friendly, this app is a great way to introduce newcomers to the world of Doom modding, without overwhelming them with different UI's and stuff.

I would also like to get a spot where we can share our settings to get better performance on a per mod/wad basis.  Took way to long for me to realize that I should try every version of gzdoom before I give up on that wad because of a low framerate. (Thanks to an ancient unrelated zdoom forum post! :P)

I currently have 3 devices that run Delta, a pixel 2, Galaxy S7 and Acer r11 chromebook.

I just wanted to reach out to other Android only Doomers.

** As of 9-27-19 I have finally caved and purchased a new device! **. 

I am now the proud owner of a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10e!  I currently am setting up my new device for work, but I do have plans for Delta Touch, I even have a DeX compatible USB hub coming today to test out as well, I can't wait!

On 6/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, CrbnBased said:

Hello im playing ashes 2063 on delta touch and im having issues. Sometimes when i look at something usually large rays of sunlight coming through the ceiling the characters,weapons and other enemies go invisible. And i dont know anything about modding so no clue how to fix it or whats wrong. If someone could add me on discord so i could explain better. This sites kind of awkward

Has anyone else experienced issues getting extra gamepad keybinds to register?

I'm trying to play some mods like Call of DOOM, which runs fine, but half the Xbox gamepad inputs aren't picked up in Delta Touch when setting keybinds. This is in spite of the fact that using the same controller on the same mod on the PC works fine.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, TENTACLEBOSS said:

I'm trying to play some mods like Call of DOOM, which runs fine, but half the Xbox gamepad inputs aren't picked up in Delta Touch when setting keybinds. This is in spite of the fact that using the same controller on the same mod on the PC works fine.

Did you bind the extra gamepad buttons to the 'Custom X(GZ)' buttons first in the apps gamepad setup?

How does delta and quad etc fair up on the Google tensor SOC? I'm considering getting a pixel 6 pro

1 hour ago, HTiD said:

How does delta and quad etc fair up on the Google tensor SOC? I'm considering getting a pixel 6 pro

They should run great on any new high end device like that.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:52 AM, TENTACLEBOSS said:

You'll need to bind your buttons to the ten available Custom Button inputs within the gamepad config menu. These in turn translate into KP1 to KP0 on the keyboard's number pad, in a manner that GZDoom/LZDoom/Zandronum can recognize. If you need even more buttons, you can enable the two Quad Sliders through the touchscreen options in-game. These translate to ABCD and EFGH keys, as far as the sourceports themselves are concerned.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:01 PM, beloko said:

They should run great on any new high end device like that.

I got a pixel 6 pro. For the most part it runs well. Does have some bits where it runs a bit slower with the same settings compared to Snapdragon 865 but it's still definitely more than enjoyable. It's only when there is a ton of enemies that frames drop but it's still playable. So far I have only played evitenternity (I think I butchered the spelling). Also playing with brutal doom and it's great fun as ever

Can anyone help me, im playing with keyboard and mouse but i can't use "wasd" keys  without holding the "ctrl" key, they bind just fine in the option menu 

7 hours ago, Rush_Trigger said:

Can anyone help me, im playing with keyboard and mouse but i can't use "wasd" keys  without holding the "ctrl" key, they bind just fine in the option menu 

It is probably because you have Swiftkey installed as your soft-keyboard?

The keyboard you have active on your device will actually intercept the keys from the physical keyboard and modify them. Swiftkey modifies printable keys which means apps will not receive separate UP and DOWN events of the key, this is why they don't work for movement.

Unfortunately the only way to fix it is not use Swiftkey, try enabling GBoard and then see if your keyboard works 

Long shot because this is pretty niche, but I'm trying to play ashes afterglow in delta. Works great, except vehicles won't accelerate. I can only steer them. I'd assume acceleration is tied to moving forward as the camera and everything is the same as regular walking. If anyone else has tried this, any suggestions? 

Edit : figured it out. For anyone who wants to play ashes on Android, for whatever reason changing the gzdoom controller options for forward movement to something different than walking forward like up on a d pad makes vehicles work. 

Edited by Astronomy_Domine

Hey, Beloko

Could you make your ports available on Android TV/Google TV?

Hey beloko, hope you are doing well. Just noticed that music mods (wad/Pk3 files) aren't working on zandronum no matter how I load them. Only thing I can hear are the gunshots, enemy grunts and other effects. Hopefully you can provide a fix. 

4 hours ago, ali said:

Hey beloko, hope you are doing well. Just noticed that music mods (wad/Pk3 files) aren't working on zandronum no matter how I load them. Only thing I can hear are the gunshots, enemy grunts and other effects. Hopefully you can provide a fix. 

Do you have a link to a music mod which doesn't work? Is this a new bug in the new release I just did or did it never work?

Lastly does it work on Gzdoom 1.9.1?

On 5/2/2022 at 1:16 AM, Astronomy_Domine said:

Long shot because this is pretty niche, but I'm trying to play ashes afterglow in delta. Works great, except vehicles won't accelerate. I can only steer them. I'd assume acceleration is tied to moving forward as the camera and everything is the same as regular walking. If anyone else has tried this, any suggestions? 

Edit : figured it out. For anyone who wants to play ashes on Android, for whatever reason changing the gzdoom controller options for forward movement to something different than walking forward like up on a d pad makes vehicles work. 

This is a common modding mistake, where the scripts in said mods are checking for the "forward button" (BT_FORWARD) rather than forward INPUT (INPUT_FORWARDMOVE).

The former only checks for a specific button bounded to "move forward", while the latter ensures compatibility with any kind of device input (be it mouse movement, thumbsticks, or in DT's case; the touch controls)

So I got my new pixel 6 pro recently it works well on it but I did have to set up alot of my stuff again like controller settings and loosing saved games even though I had zipped up the whole lot from android/data and extracted it back. Now that pixel 6 pro had to be swapped over for a reason which I really can't be assed to get into here but long story short I got an exchange for a like for like handset. Now I have the same thing again with controller set ups and stuff not copying over. But what I am really trying to do is actually clear out some of the keys that are in the default profile so I have a totally blank canvas so to speak so I only have things set up that I want which isn't going to conflict. Like for example next and previous weapons are l1 and r1 but I wanted to now make l1 the weapon wheel and r1 grenades. But I can't clear the binding from next and previous so it gets all messed up and I blow myself up and stuff hahaha

3 hours ago, FriedFryer said:

Hello, I would like to ask if prboom+'s -viddump works on Delta Touch?

Most probably not, because it uses external programs to encode the video. It's probably a bad idea to generate a video on a portable device anyway.

Can't you record a demo on Delta Touch and then -viddump that demo on a PC?