Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

Hey @beloko apologies that this isnt exactly the best place for bug reports, but I have 3; I believe none of these were present in previous versions:

- In gzdoom, always mouselook doesnt seem to do anything. I could be misremembering (I do tend to forget stuff) but iirc turning that off should limit the look/turn control to only horizontal movement.

- The sounds/music volume in at least glboom seems to always reset to the same values instead of remembering where I last adjusted them to.

- Using "icons" as a thing display in the automap settings while using the IDDT cheat crashes the game and exits out to the launcher.

40 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Quake4 has an official Linux port like Prey did. However...

Idtech4 is nothing like 1. You can't simply add a couple of things to run Prey and Quake4 from Doom3's source code (which is what was released). There's way too much missing and that code will not be sufficient, and they never had their own code released so there's no easy way to go about that without it. 

OK, then got it

On 9/29/2020 at 4:01 AM, Edward850 said:

Idtech4 is nothing like 1.

ok ik what you're getting at but isnt idtech1 the original doom engine pls correct me if wrong

On 9/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, Edward850 said:

Quake4 has an official Linux port like Prey did. However...

Idtech4 is nothing like 1. You can't simply add a couple of things to run Prey and Quake4 from Doom3's source code (which is what was released). There's way too much missing and that code will not be sufficient, and they never had their own code released so there's no easy way to go about that without it. 

OK, then got it

2 hours ago, EtherBot said:

ok ik what you're getting at but isnt idtech1 the original doom engine pls correct me if wrong

Yes, it is.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, Fonze said:

Hey @beloko apologies that this isnt exactly the best place for bug reports, but I have 3; I believe none of these were present in previous versions:

- In gzdoom, always mouselook doesnt seem to do anything. I could be misremembering (I do tend to forget stuff) but iirc turning that off should limit the look/turn control to only horizontal movement.

- The sounds/music volume in at least glboom seems to always reset to the same values instead of remembering where I last adjusted them to.

- Using "icons" as a thing display in the automap settings while using the IDDT cheat crashes the game and exits out to the launcher.

Thanks for these, I'll take a look. Which engine is crashing issue in the maps occurring?

8 hours ago, beloko said:

Thanks for these, I'll take a look. Which engine is crashing issue in the maps occurring?

Thank you! The engines these are occurring are:

- The mouselook issue seems to be the same for each ot the zdoom family of ports, so lzdoom, gzdoom, and zandronum; different versions seem to all act the same. The only way for me to turn off the ability to look up and down was to change allow freelook to off in compatibility options, which is a ham fisted way to accomplish things and which wouldn't work in mp unless I wanted this to apply to everybody. 

- The sound volume issue is only in the prboom+ engine; both software and gl versions share this same issue (actually they might even just share the same sound settings?) Either way, they always reset to the same values. No other idtech1 ports seem to have this problem.

- Finally the icons issue is a glboom+ only thing; this one does seem to be dependent on the map. I've tested several wads and some crash while others don't. A short list of wads which crash this is: both team rocket megawads, toxikka, swift death, and violence. I'm sure a lot of wads would crash under these conditions, but these were just a few I have in-hand on my device for quick testing.

- One last one, Idk if this is something you can fix on your end or if it's purely a touchscreen issue, but I also seem to be having more problems than I remember with the touchscreen controls applying movement from one side of the screen to the other, such as trying to run to the right but instead turning to the right, or trying to look to the side only to accidentally run in that direction instead. As you can imagine, this bug has killed me many times over, but again not sure if it's something for you to fix or a general issue to live with.

Hey, I just downloaded Delta Touch to play GZDoom, but when I run the hardware accelerator setting with anything above the lowest resolution I get crappy framerates. I'm on a Galaxy Note 10+ so I should have a strong enough phone. Could anyone help me with this?

7 hours ago, Alexagon said:

Hey, I just downloaded Delta Touch to play GZDoom, but when I run the hardware accelerator setting with anything above the lowest resolution I get crappy framerates. I'm on a Galaxy Note 10+ so I should have a strong enough phone. Could anyone help me with this?

Yes please email support@opentouchgaming.com, thank you.

I feel ripped off! I bought d-touch, q-touch, q2-touch and even rtcw-touch on the Amazon app store and now I realize that there is a much complete and better version of those apps (mostly) on android... I can't afford to pay twice for a better version. D-touch is great, but now I'm outdated and  i can't commit with delta touch or quad touch. 

UPDATE... The developer was comprehensive and kind and update mi apps. I can't thanks enough. 

Edited by Lucidioebb : Update

Please excuse my ignorance (and bump) but how easy it to get Delta Touch on a fire stick lite? 

(does DT support pad yet on it?  I noticed a similar post in August about it?) 

@beloko
sorry for kinda necro-ing this, I just wanted to ask if you might consider migrating prboom+ to the new version that is being worked on over in the source port sub. Thanks! 2.5.1.7

On 20/01/2021 at 10:27 PM, siteod said:

@beloko
sorry for kinda necro-ing this, I just wanted to ask if you might consider migrating prboom+ to the new version that is being worked on over in the source port sub. Thanks! 2.5.1.7

Yes sure, I'll take a look. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:38 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

Is there a way to update mod "macros"? I.e. save over existing one, instead of saving as new and then removing the old one? 

Sorry for the late reply, what parameters would you want to update? The mod load files or custom args? Or both? 

I'm pretty bad at Doom 3 but it's pretty cool playing with a BT controller on my phone with BT headphones. One aspect which would help with this is the ability to adjust the sensitivity move looking vertically and horizontally. I find vertically can be a bit fast and horizontally a bit slow.

Here's a brief video with some gameplay and getting my ass handed to me by zombies 🤣 https://youtu.be/2aMypBzLc7c

To adjust the deadzone and sensitivity of your gamepad's sticks, click the "wrench" icon next to the following gamepad inputs:

Fwd/Back

Strafe

Look Left/Right

Look Up/Down

In all cases, all axes can be inverted as well with the simple tick of a checkbox.

38 minutes ago, Shockwave_S08 said:

To adjust the deadzone and sensitivity of your gamepad's sticks, click the "wrench" icon next to the following gamepad inputs:

Fwd/Back

Strafe

Look Left/Right

Look Up/Down

In all cases, all axes can be inverted as well with the simple tick of a checkbox.

I must of missed that, il check into it. The only other thing I am finding a bit hard is a mapping the sprint button to something which works for me but the other mapping seem to make sense. Theres a part I have just reached where there's a choice of 2 paths and one was with broken lights and safer or another with more dangers and you have to jump onto this platform and a normal jump won't seem to reach so I presume doing a sprint and then jump should get me there but not sure how I want to map it to my controller 

Struggling with 2 things today;

1, went to update delta touch on my sheild TV android box by sending the APK over and it's giving an error saying app not installed. I appreciate its not fully supported but this used to work. Last time I updated on this device because it's not used regularly was some time before doom 3 was added. I did try and uninstall the previous version then install rather than update and it didn't work. 

2, on doom 3 playing with touch screen I can't get the sprint function to work. From reading a little further sprint seems to be linked to stamina so it can't be permanently on which I accept is part of the original design. How ever because I am still stuck at the area when I posted last on Jan 30th where I have reached a point where the jump is too far for a regular jump to reach so I assume that a sprint then jump is needed for extra distance. But because the sprint function doesn't seem to work I am unable to progress further.

This area is in alpha labs section 4 and you get a choice of going a way that is safer but the lights don't work, or a more dangerous path with more risk and the lights work. I picked the later and am now stuck because I can't clear the jump. When I posted previously I was using a controller and also couldn't get it to work.

Not sure I am missing something obvious?

1 hour ago, HTiD said:

Struggling with 2 things today;

1, went to update delta touch on my sheild TV android box by sending the APK over and it's giving an error saying app not installed. I appreciate its not fully supported but this used to work. Last time I updated on this device because it's not used regularly was some time before doom 3 was added. I did try and uninstall the previous version then install rather than update and it didn't work. 

2, on doom 3 playing with touch screen I can't get the sprint function to work. From reading a little further sprint seems to be linked to stamina so it can't be permanently on which I accept is part of the original design. How ever because I am still stuck at the area when I posted last on Jan 30th where I have reached a point where the jump is too far for a regular jump to reach so I assume that a sprint then jump is needed for extra distance. But because the sprint function doesn't seem to work I am unable to progress further.

This area is in alpha labs section 4 and you get a choice of going a way that is safer but the lights don't work, or a more dangerous path with more risk and the lights work. I picked the later and am now stuck because I can't clear the jump. When I posted previously I was using a controller and also couldn't get it to work.

Not sure I am missing something obvious?

For the Shield try this APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NW55WtoMpKqB50zPtEms53-DME6_GB4i/view?usp=sharing

The 'sprint' should work, but I've implemented 'Smart toggle'. If you tap the sprint the button quickly it should toggle on/off, but if you HOLD it (more than 0.5 seconds) it should turn ON but then turn OFF when you release. You can tell if sprint is on because when you move you should move faster, also the stamina at the bottom left should reduce as you move. If this isn't happening then it seems something is wrong and sprint isn't being activated, let me know if this is the case.

4 minutes ago, beloko said:

For the Shield try this APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NW55WtoMpKqB50zPtEms53-DME6_GB4i/view?usp=sharing

The 'sprint' should work, but I've implemented 'Smart toggle'. If you tap the sprint the button quickly it should toggle on/off, but if you HOLD it (more than 0.5 seconds) it should turn ON but then turn OFF when you release. You can tell if sprint is on because when you move you should move faster, also the stamina at the bottom left should reduce as you move. If this isn't happening then it seems something is wrong and sprint isn't being activated, let me know if this is the case.

I managed to sort out the sprint thing in the end, somehow totally missed it in the controller settings area so I mapped that to X and so that is now sorted. I was able to clear that jump, got to another platforming section with rotating stuff, bit of duck and jumping and cleared it! Having said that I'm pretty sure with touch screen it's not working because the key didn't seem to do anything. Maybe anyone else could report their findings? I'm really enjoying playing through Doom 3 again it's a good challenge! Any plans to look at the BFG edition? I know other than similar looking graphics but deep down it's totally different. Not sure phones will be up to running Doom 2016 until maybe 2030 perhaps so I wouldn't know what else to suggest 🤣😜

And thank you for the APK I will give that it a go 👍

New to the Delta Touch party. Anyone know if it's possible to control Delta Touch with a PC mouse and keyboard, if the phone is connected to the PC via USB?

I've enabled developer mode on my phone, and am sending video and audio to the PC (via USB) using srccpy and sndcpy. WASD (on the PC's keyboard) and clicking stuff on the screen with the mouse seems to work, but I can't seem to get mouselook to work in Delta Touch.

Everything else is gucci 👌

[inb4 "lol what's the point, just play the PC version of GZDoom" - I am specifically interested in mod testing with Delta Touch and I'm A) looking to eventually stream Delta Touch stuff to my social media (via OBS) B) am too crappy with the touch controls and currently don't have a separate gamepad controller for my phone]

54 minutes ago, Nash said:

New to the Delta Touch party. Anyone know if it's possible to control Delta Touch with a PC mouse and keyboard, if the phone is connected to the PC via USB?

I've enabled developer mode on my phone, and am sending video and audio to the PC (via USB) using srccpy and sndcpy. WASD (on the PC's keyboard) and clicking stuff on the screen with the mouse seems to work, but I can't seem to get mouselook to work in Delta Touch.

Mouse should work, but you need to connect it to your phone, is the moue still connected to the PC and the mouse data is going over the USB cable?

5 hours ago, beloko said:

Mouse should work, but you need to connect it to your phone, is the moue still connected to the PC and the mouse data is going over the USB cable?

Ah, yes, the mouse is still connected to the PC, with the data going over the USB cable.

After some Googling, it seems I could get an OTG cable and plug my USB mouse directly into the phone. I'll give that a shot, thanks!

33 minutes ago, Nash said:

Ah, yes, the mouse is still connected to the PC, with the data going over the USB cable.

After some Googling, it seems I could get an OTG cable and plug my USB mouse directly into the phone. I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Yes that usually works, but then how will you connect to the pc at the same time? 

Bluetooth mouse should also work! 

So I've been playing GZDoom dev Delta Touch for a few days, using a personal mod stack, over a few games (Doom, Hexen and Strife mostly) and, with my phone's specs, the FPS averages at around 40 - 50. I don't know much about phone hardware at all, so I'll accept the possibility that my phone's specs are probably mediocre, heh.

The only way I could play Delta Touch at 60 FPS (almost locked) is to set the video scaling in the options to "lowest possible scale". Of course the graphics end up looking chunkier, but I honestly don't mind since I'm not really using my phone for serious gaming. :P

Looking forward to trying to the GLES2 renderer and see if it could do 60 FPS without downscaling on my phone.

Not sure which thread to put this in. :P

With the up-and-coming potato GLES2 backend, will there be a possibility to bring back the shader-based lightmodes ("software" and "vanilla", at least?), or are those the sacrifices that had to be made to get back the fast performance?

Secondly, framerate tanks when standing in front of a mirror (using the potato renderer). Can be tested easily by downloading Kinsie's test map pack, warping to the map called "test" and then turning around to face the mirror.