Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darman Macray

Good Extensive Gameplay Mods?

When you say reskin, you imply that it doesn't change gameplay. These mods do, and are thus are called "Gameplay mods". Unless they also change maps ontop of that, then they're total conversions.

You can find a lot of such mods on the ZDoom forums. It's categorized pretty well, so you can relatively easily find some good mods of the kind you're looking for.

There's also tons of mods posted here, but it's usually maps or more vanilla-esque mods.

10 hours ago, Alper002 said:

When you say reskin, you imply that it doesn't change gameplay. These mods do, and are thus are called "Gameplay mods". Unless they also change maps ontop of that, then they're total conversions.

You can find a lot of such mods on the ZDoom forums. It's categorized pretty well, so you can relatively easily find some good mods of the kind you're looking for.

There's also tons of mods posted here, but it's usually maps or more vanilla-esque mods.

Thank you so much! I didn't know the name of the type of mod I'm looking for! This helps a lot!

I've been looking through the forums and found some fun stuff, but I haven't been able to find something as complete a makeover as Xim's Star Wars Doom. I really like mods like Gunslinger 2.0 and Heretical Doom, but am struggling to find something that alters the map textures and skyboxes. Does anyone have recommendations for gameplay mods that retexture the environment? 

Edited by Darman Macray

On 6/12/2019 at 2:59 AM, Darman Macray said:

Does anyone have recommendations for gameplay mods that retexture the environment? 

I think of MSPaint Doom, MetaDoom, Doom Delta (only the items) and Doom Neural Upscale Series when you said that.
Also check this out. (This change Doom 2 textures to Hexen 2's.)
This is another mod that change Doom's sky textures to skyboxes. Haven't try it out myself.

6 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I think of MSPaint Doom, MetaDoom, Doom Delta (only the items) and Doom Neural Upscale Series when you said that.
Also check this out. (This change Doom 2 textures to Hexen 2's.)
This is another mod that change Doom's sky textures to skyboxes. Haven't try it out myself.

Thanks! I'll check those out!