Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Cyberdemon is back!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm really glad they are returning the classic Cyberdemon, and he looks good.

 

I'm definitely going to buy the Collectors Edition of this game. It looks amazing!

Edited by Chezza

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@Potatoguy, you're just saying that because he doesn't have backwards knees and seems to be ensconced within a wall of water or something. 

Share this post


Link to post

It IS the prowler, but food for thought - maybe a Prowler is essentially a 'Nightmare Imp' - in 2016 multi he was an imp-type creature but stronger so it would make sense to be an 'imp' over a Baron in multi!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Caffeine Freak said:

@Doom64hunter I thought that was the Prowler, from Doom '16 MP. (Was confirmed in the GDC footage.)

 

Ah. Well he has purple projectiles now so that counts, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Doom64hunter said:

 

Ah. Well he has purple projectiles now so that counts, right?

 

Yea we can pretty much call him this game's version of the nightmare imp

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Potatoguy said:

He looks so silly, though.

 

HUH.jpg.9b4198895f83e0840eab2ac7ca4a6afe.jpg

That's what I expect from a modern rendition of a Cyber demon.  He's got the little eyes from the sprite as well. 

It's almost nostalgic porn. I'm feeling ways about things.

Share this post


Link to post

Of all the things I saw tonight, this cyber boy and some blue health potions are what excite me the most.

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of hate how they ended the footage the same way as the 2016 reveal with a Cybie showing up, the BFG charging, then cut to black. The whole event was a bit underwhelming TBH; not much new was shown (not a bad thing; I want to be pleasantly surprised by everything when it finally comes out.) That being said, the classic redesign looks amazing, and I lighted up with glee when I saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Doom64hunter said:

 

Ah. Well he has purple projectiles now so that counts, right?

 

 

Heh. Would be cool to see some different versions of Imps like we got in Doom 3 (normal Imp vs. hell Imp).

 

More on topic, the reveal of the Cyberdemon was the one 'wtf'-esque moment I had. I really liked the presentation overall, love what I've seen of the game so far. There were a few other design choices I didn't care for as much, but none of them were jarring to me the way the Cybie was. Maybe I need to watch the footage again. It's just so... soft and fleshy looking, compared to the jagged, bony form of the one from 2016. It's less intimidating.

Edited by Caffeine Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

 

Heh. Would be cool to see some different versions of Imps like we got in Doom 3 (normal Imp vs. hell Imp).

 

More on topic, the reveal of the Cyberdemon was the one 'wtf'-esque moment I had. I really liked the presentation overall, love what I've seen of the game so far. There were a few other design choices I didn't care for as much, but none of them were jarring to me the way the Cybie was. Maybe I need to watch the footage again. It's just so... soft and fleshy looking, compared to the jagged, bony form of the one from 2016. It's less intimidating.

Gotta love how nearly everyone hated the Cyberdemon from 2016 and kept saying they should have made him more like the classic.  Now you guys got the classic and you want ol' moose back again LMAO.

Edited by STILES

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Potatoguy said:

He looks so silly, though.

 

HUH.jpg.9b4198895f83e0840eab2ac7ca4a6afe.jpg

Yea, kind of, the original sprite looked real because it's a clay sculpture. I don't know, perhaps seeing it as a legit fully 3d model looks odd at first glance. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Potatoguy said:

He looks so silly, though.

 

HUH.jpg.9b4198895f83e0840eab2ac7ca4a6afe.jpg

That's kind of a big theme with Eternal though, bringing these classic early 90's designs into this new Doom world. I think he looks great,

very surprised they didn't keep the 2016 look though because that became pretty iconic for that game.

doom comparison.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, STILES said:

Gotta low how nearly everyone hated the Cyberdemon from 2016 and kept saying they should have made one more like the classic.  Now you guys got the classic and you want ol' moose back again LMAO.

 

I liked the cyberdemon from 2016, so whomever you're thinking of, it isn't me.

Share this post


Link to post

Re-watching the footage again now, I'm somewhat more receptive to the Cyberdemon's appearance. I still prefer the '16 version, but I can appreciate certain aspects about this one. His face isn't as pink-smooth as I had initially thought. Maybe the stream I was watching it on had a lower quality than what I'm seeing now, and that caused me to miss some details.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, they're really bringing back the classic style. This cybie is back and what really jumped at me (sorry, off-topic) is that the weapons are now floating on the spot!

Share this post


Link to post

For me the 16 cyber wasn't all that bad, but the eternal design feels very faithful to the classic design and I like it a lot, except maybe for the weird doughy elephant legs with flat nails instead of hooves. It's much better for the cyber to have two eyes that you can look into as you blast its shit to pieces. However he appears to have an all-metal pelvis now so the player can no longer take a moment to admire those juicy glutes, which is a major downgrade. More angles needed to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BoxY said:

For me the 16 cyber wasn't all that bad, but the eternal design feels very faithful to the classic design and I like it a lot, except maybe for the weird doughy elephant legs with flat nails instead of hooves. It's much better for the cyber to have two eyes that you can look into as you blast its shit to pieces. However he appears to have an all-metal pelvis now so the player can no longer take a moment to admire those juicy glutes, which is a major downgrade. More angles needed to confirm.

 

@Maes will not be pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The website does speak of a new destructible demons system so you might be able to shoot off the plates to reveal the ass?

 

Also, glad we're having this conversation.

Share this post


Link to post

Does this mean they'll bring back the Spider Mastermind, so the two of them can have an epic infight brawl a la Doom 2 Map20?

Share this post


Link to post

Looks amazing! He's still not that balrog type guy weilding a warhammer tho

 

PS That balrog guy has a belt it seems, with what you guys thought was a 'cthulu bearded' style hooded figure .... maybe the wretch or seraphim. It seems that 'face;' is his belt/buckle and the 'robe / cloak' is his 'pants'.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Of course, they will, haven't you seen it? With the amount of stuff they're adding, they're bringing back everything! At this point, I'm afraid we might even see Nirvana and The Chasm.

 

Oh and yeah he looks spot on for a merge of the originals if you include D64 in the equation

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×