Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

well I guess Hayden isn't gonna be the villain after all

Hey, Bishop survived being ripped in half by an Alien Queen. This is just a flesh wound. XD

It kinda sounds like Hayden narrating, so I have a feeling he lives up to a certain point, or like he did before, he finds a way out.

2 minutes ago, R4L said:

It kinda sounds like Hayden narrating, so I have a feeling he lives up to a certain point, or like he did before, he finds a way out.

Sounds more like the guy at the beginning of 2016

Yeah, it seems he is warning the Doom Slayer about the coming menace.(Possibly Doomguy will teach him a lesson in the beginning of the game)

Maybe God or whatever he is (the guy in the throne) will meet the prophesy written in the book of Revelation (the end of the world)

1 hour ago, Potatoguy said:

I'm sure that's his old body.

His new body is way way better now!

Reveal hidden contents

89DBB7E993EAE8B08940E3B4F65CF2A7922F63D7

Spoiler

Iconus.png.181b61117debdddf241942e252c4e0b5.png

This

I sorta feel sorry for hayden now, if this whole hell-on-earth thing is by design of some techno-angels.  Wonder if you have to save the sorry mother fucker somehow XD

His head is intact, which means he'd likely still be around.

1 minute ago, dsm said:

His head is intact, which means he'd likely still be around.

That and it's not even Hayden at all. It's that voice from the beginning of Doom 2016.

Sure enough I wonder how he ended up like this, and more importantly, what happened with the Crucible he took from the Slayer.

Most likely... 

Demonic activity continues after Hayden banishes the Doom Slayer to another place, after Doom 2016. As the UAC gazes in horror upon the incoming army, Hayden stands atop the rubble, dramatically, wielding the Crucible. "Just as I kept the lights on for humanity before, so too shall I now-" 

And then Hayden and the rest of Mars was BFG'd from the Phobos BFG gun. 

11 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Most likely... 

Demonic activity continues after Hayden banishes the Doom Slayer to another place, after Doom 2016. As the UAC gazes in horror upon the incoming army, Hayden stands atop the rubble, dramatically, wielding the Crucible. "Just as I kept the lights on for humanity before, so too shall I now-" 

And then Hayden and the rest of Mars was BFG'd from the Phobos BFG gun. 

Quite possible. I don't see him as on the demon's side. If he were, he never would have woken the Slayer.

Something occured to me while re-watching the story trailer. We're all assuming that the spoken words are from the same scene, context or time. However, recall that  the Doom 2016 story trailer began with a  bunch of Hayden's lines, all of which were actually drawn from different scenes, not the one point of dialogue. 

Which is to say; the voice chastising any interference may not even be aimed at Doom Slayer, but at Hayden himself (assuming the voice isn't a re-formed Hayden). In particular, "They are no longer your people to save" could in fact be someone scolding Hayden, who thinks he's the savior of mankind. Same goes for "you will bring down the wrath of the heavens". 

Just a thought. 

3 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Which is to say; the voice chastising any interference may not even be aimed at Doom Slayer, but at Hayden himself (assuming the voice isn't a re-formed Hayden). In particular, "They are no longer your people to save" could in fact be someone scolding Hayden, who thinks he's the savior of mankind. Same goes for "you will bring down the wrath of the heavens". 

I never thought of that. You could very well be right!