Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Battle mode Trailer

Looks pretty interesting. Definelty unique to the other multiplayer offerings. The lack of a death match equivalent is a shame though. 

59 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

Kind of sucks that we maybe won't get a deathmatch mode, but this replacement does look pretty interesting.

I still want to see a Night Sentinel versus Demon legion mode.

1 hour ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I’d imagine itd supplant. Battlemode is this game’s multiplayer

So wait, is BattleMode "confirmed" to replace Doom Eternals entire multiplayer? So were not getting FFA, Teamdeath, Warpath, or a traditional Arena Shooter?

I feel like this is a pretty heavy hint that DOOMSLAYER will be coming to Mortal Kombat and not Ash Williams, seeing the whole "round Three, Fight!" and whatnot.

No traditional gamemodes like DM/TDM would be disappointment. However I think that they would exist too.

Battle Mode will die faster than Evolve. I don't mind why they doing this shit. Looks boring as hell.

Battle Mode looks interesting, but I fear that it may land in the same boat that F.E.A.R 3 did; interesting and experimental multiplayer mode that's fun, but doesn't replace the old classic DM/ TDM setup. I remember a lot of us in the office used to lament the absence of straight up deathmatch, as much fun as it's strange modes were. 

It would also be odd for Battle Mode to be the only competitive online aspect, as the community seemed to mostly suggest that the only change they wanted to Doom 2016's online play was to nix load outs. 

Still ,there is one really big and hard to ignore justification for not having a traditional DM mode; Quake Champions. 

Yes, I'm sure we can all argue to the ends of the earth how QC's shooting and movement are different, but at the end of the day, it does occupy a similar space as any classic Doom multiplayer would. If Doom Eternal ends up having a solid enough deathmatch mode, there is an undeniable risk of it competing with (and possibly overshadowing) the Quake Champions death match scene.

Meh, not interested.

Then again, I've lost my interest in MP in games as a whole quite a while ago.

6 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Still ,there is one really big and hard to ignore justification for not having a traditional DM mode; Quake Champions. 

Yes, I'm sure we can all argue to the ends of the earth how QC's shooting and movement are different, but at the end of the day, it does occupy a similar space as any classic Doom multiplayer would. If Doom Eternal ends up having a solid enough deathmatch mode, there is an undeniable risk of it competing with (and possibly overshadowing) the Quake Champions death match scene.

O crap. U r right. Now I am genuinely afraid if they are going to axe DM/TDM or not.

Something i was expecting/wanted was a horde/survival mode.

You pick a map, fight as many demons for as long as you can, while upgrading yourself and getting new weapons, then occasionally fighting a boss until you lose.

And maybe add some co-op to that.

BattleMode sounds neat on paper but i hope it's not restricted to just two playable demons. (both how many players in that side and more besides Revy and Mancubus)

Revenant also should have actual homing rockets in the single player.

I remember him having it in the MP for 16.

I think they have battle mode as a way to pull the demon runes out of the actual Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch modes.  Some complained a lot about the demon runes, but it was one of the few ways people could actually play as demons.  If id gets rid of Deathmatch modes, then they seriously goofed. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, StainlessSteel said:

...then they seriously goofed. 

Yup, they did. I'm not too pleased with this. Yes, I know some of the design changes (weapon loadouts, demons, runes) were frowned upon, but I absolutely loved the MP. Between Doom and Titanfall 2 I was set for MP that year. I'm still playing both of those two (albeit I suck at Doom's right now, I just started playing on PC for the first time, I originally had it on PS4 where people had no idea what they were doing and I felt like a badass, haha.)

Hate it. We need to campaign for them to put regular MP back in. 2016 was really good and I still play it. Especially after they revamped the hacks and all that, the maps they released later on... it is damn good! Love the player customization and the map designs... a lot of verticality... feels like a fighter jet sometimes.  It definitely took me a while to get good at it, learning how to quickly switch between weapons to kill faster... there’s nothing better than a static rifle + shotgun + glory kill three hit kill! Bring it back!!

I'm actually okay with their decision exactly as it is. Battlemode looks fun. 

Wait, I lied. I'd like to see a "Horde Mode." 

No snapmap was announced for this game, no coop like the last one and also no traditional MP... Are we gonna even have a campaign mode?

Hide contents

Just kidding, of course we are not