Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
precisionantipersonnel

How do you feel about Doom Eternal physical PC copies mandating Bethesda Launcher?

Since I already suffered from buying, installing and playing Fallout 76, Doom on Bethesda Launcher will be but a minor inconvenience.

I'm so hyped for the game I would still buy into it even if it became a Epic Store exclusive.

Edited by Chezza

56 minutes ago, ShadesMaster said:

I want the Collector's Edition, but I also want it thru STEAM!!!! What to do! What to do!!!!

I'm crazy enough that I bought the Collector's Edition, and will buy the Steam version when it comes out so I don't have to wait for the Collector's to play. :D

As I said in another thread, I didn't have much issue with RAGE 2 on the Beth.net launcher, so I don't really care.

Just now, chemo said:

As I said in another thread, I didn't have much issue with RAGE 2 on the Beth.net launcher, so I don't really care.

Could you elaborate on how things were handled? I mean I've dealt with Battle.net and if done right, the launcher is just a minor inconvenience and ability for a company to build branding/ownership/community around their games. But, I don't want to bet my chips on this and just leave with a sour taste on a game I know I will love...when a few bucks extra on another platform would alleviate all symptoms. 

1. Download speed compared on Beth.net launcher compared to Steam (other games)

2. DRM/Always online hiccups

3. Any quality of life/chat/community pros/cons...

4. Achievements and connectivity

Also, what's your setup/build like? Thanks. 

1: Download speed seems to be about on-par with Steam at least. I've had no hiccups that I can remember.

2: Haven't tested it thoroughly, but according to PCGamingWiki, RAGE 2 only needs a one-time online activation, and after that can be played completely offline, even if the launcher is uninstalled from the computer.

3: There are Bethesda.net forums which use the same account. Haven't tested it myself, though.

4: No achievements right now, but Steam and Beth.net accounts can be linked.

The first two points are my primary concerns, however, so maybe I'm not the one to judge.

Oh yeah, and I have a SSD, RTX 2080 Ti, 32 GB of RAM, and a Ryzen 2700X. Not sure if it matters, though.

I'm not enough of a lunatic to lose sleep over downloading an additional program. 

Brand loyalty in game launchers is stupid. You already helped build the culture of game launchers by using steam, so you have no right to argue against other companies trying to do the same thing and lock customers to their platform.

It's just another launcher. If you're bothered by it, use launchbox or something like that.

On the other hand, I need Steam because it makes running the games on Linux a lot easier and I don't want to go to the minor inconvenience of... dual booting.

Not a problem, bethesda launcher it's get better, but only they need to fix some stuff like how the get a cracked denuvo Rage 2 because of it.