Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadesMaster

Known Bestiary

So far, I count 27 baddies!

Basic Zombie - unwilling, essentially.

Gun-armed zombie - a Hell-razer but downgraded to unwilling, vs soldier, mobility

Zombie Soldier - looks like a former human

Security Shield Guy - looks like the baldie Sargeant

Carcass - spider-zombie

Imp - spikier!

Gargoyle - wing-ed imp

Prowler - Nightmare imp

Pinky

Spectre

Hell Knight - now with eyes!

Dread Knight - cyborg-armored Hellknight

Baron of Hell - now with dual swords like the above

Gladiator - Shield baron?

Cacodemon

Pain Elemental

Lost Soul

Arachnotron

Mancubus

Arch Vile

Tyrant - classic Cybie

Marauder

Demon Priest

Whiplash

Doom Hunter

Titan

Giant Seraphim Angel

Missing: Cyber-manc and Hell Guard analogues altogether... also there are no more pink Barons with green fireballs, those ARE the 2x blade firebarons... and Hell Razors are probably the slower version zombie we have with the gun arm. Ditto for Summoners, Archie might have replaced them.

If there's any already known baddie I've missed, I'll update this list.

Edited by ShadesMaster

I was just about to make this exact post.  Glad you beat me to it!

So, what's the Pain Elemental's function exactly?  A bigger Cacodemon?  I didn't see it spawning any Lost Souls... 

1 hour ago, KillPixel said:

I was just about to make this exact post.  Glad you beat me to it!

So, what's the Pain Elemental's function exactly?  A bigger Cacodemon?  I didn't see it spawning any Lost Souls... 

There was a short clip in one gameplay reveal where it spawned those Gargoyles, but I thought in the most recent gameplay reveal that it actually spawned 3 lost souls.  I'd have to look again. 

Gladiator is the cyber hell knight looking thing.

The new Cyberdemon is actually called a Tyrant.

I hope they bring the Harvester and Summoner back.

5 minutes ago, Zemini said:

The new Cyberdemon is actually called a Tyrant.

That makes me happy for some reason. I guess it's because I expected the Cyberdemon to be a one time thing the way the codex was talking. I suppose it also has the most jarring change in art style which although it makes me happy aesthetically, would upset me from a consistency view.

I have been combing tons of info from articles and videos.  I can not find it but it was said a couple times.  If I come across it I will post. 

But since I can't confirm it you can just ignore what I said.  Here is some more that I can't verify;  the Demon Priest characters were called Bishops.  But I was under the impression that might just be referring to the dude with the red visor, and the other two were just priests.

If they merge the monsters from 2016 with Eternal and actually add lore, I think they should re-name the 2016 monsters and keep those with the original names (Cyberdemon , not tyrant). 

Hmm, interesting to note that the more classic-looking Cyberdemon will be getting the Summoner treatment as the Tyrant -- that is, it's a Cyberdemon in all but name.

Also, any solid confirmation on the priest guy being called the Bishop and that cybernetic Bruiser guy the Gladiator? I know that the Whiplash's name has been confirmed.

It was never 100% confirmed just implied when they said they added a new demon called the gladiator.  The promotion material it reads...

https://bethesda.net/en/game/doom

...a horde of totally-new demons join the roster in including the DOOM Hunter, Marauder and the Gladiator...

Hell Knights: 

UAC Report File DLF11557:

The Hell Knight is a towering brute built for combat deep in the bowels of Hell. These diabolical beasts are the prized gladiators of the demon-horde. They relentlessly stomp towards their target, smashing their massive fists into the ground to create shockwaves that stagger their opponent and leave them vulnerable to bone-crushing melee attacks. The Hell Knight's powerful legs allow it to leap across large distances effortlessly, quickly closing the gap to its enemy.

The new Demon looks like a cybernetic Hell knight - therefore a lot of people came to the conclusion.  I am a fucking nerd.

gladiator.jpg.c20027129e833e622e55ab5728d9677e.jpg

I was wrong; confirmed to be called a Dread Knight.

Edited by Zemini : I was very wrong

I think gladiator may be that balrog like thing with the demin face shield in the e3 mural! He has a mace and shield, that sounds like a gladiator. The one above thats cybernetic is called a dreadknight already

18 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Hmm, interesting to note that the more classic-looking Cyberdemon will be getting the Summoner treatment as the Tyrant -- that is, it's a Cyberdemon in all but name.

I think he will still be called Cyberdemon. Tyrant may be his name before the cyber-transformation, the same way how Balgaar was the prior Cybie in Doom 2016. 

2 hours ago, Noiser said:

I think he will still be called Cyberdemon. Tyrant may be his name before the cyber-transformation, the same way how Balgaar was the prior Cybie in Doom 2016. 

Yeah. Maybe we will have to fight two Cyberdemon types in the game. The tyrant (before he is transformed/upgraded) and then the stronger cyber modified version (the Cyberdemon we all know and love)

Yeah, ininitially thought the Dread Knight was the Gladiator for that reason, but when I heard the cyber Gellknight was the "Dread Knight," I figured shield Varon = Gladiator. A Varon is a type of Hellknight still, after all.

I wonder how many types of enemies they can come up with in this game, specially considering how they play in terms of gameplay and the balance.

I can imagine some of them being like the floor tentacles where they're somewhat level hazards or something like that.

Also, would a mimic like in Dark Souls work?

Like a certain pick up looks different (Not glowing, different symbol in the medikit etc) because it's an enemy in disguise?

Because stuff that is new to the series is one thing but how many crazy types can the power fantasy of the Slayer endure before they turn out really unfair?

This is what we know of gameplay so far.

* Cyber possessed is like a middle ground between possessed and solders.

* Soldiers have jetpacks.

* Possessed are unchanged.

* Shield guys are also unchanged.

* Imp's and Pinkies too.

* And probably Mancubi but they seemed faster in that E3 Mars footage. (And in BattleMode they may have some smoke related ability)

* They also may switch to flamethrower mode if their cannons are destroyed.

* Revenants may shoot rockets differently. (Hopefully they're homing rockets again)

* Arachnotrons move while shooting, drop grenades, attach to the ceiling and can charge stronger projectiles at a slower rate. (They're also the biggest example of destructible demons being shown)

* Pain Elementals seem to just have Souls next to them and occasionally throw/spit them at the player as a projectile. (Which seems kinda weird, considering the existence of the Summoner and LS's being self destructible).

* Gargoyles look like flying Imp's but i think they can shoot projectiles in different ways.

* Fire Baron might as well replace the Barons.

* HK's are unchanged.

* Cacodemons can shoot multiple orbs occasionally. (Also, he used to blind you but i think nobody remembers that, so i can see Eternal reusing that idea for some different enemy)

* Dread Knights can shock the floor for a while. (Basically, a temporary Area of Effect move).

* Prowlers teleport and shoot 3 fireballs at once, making them meaner imps.

* Carcass can summon big red walls like shields which can serve to protect their demonic allies. (And also, an obstacle to the player)

* Tentacles coming out of the floor through holes, so basically Whac-A-Mole.

i think all the old enemies are confirmed. so yes to cyber mac i assume.  it was heavily hinted that the 2016 cast was returning, plus more.  And I think that means all the multiplayer demons as well.

5 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

i think all the old enemies are confirmed. so yes to cyber mac i assume.  it was heavily hinted that the 2016 cast was returning, plus more.  And I think that means all the multiplayer demons as well.

OH I didn't hear that.  I do hope we get the Summoner and Harvester.   Normal baron (with green blood) and Baalgar would be nice too.

FYI Marty also called the Dread Knight the new Super Hell Knight which might mean other demons will have "super" versions. 

Apparently, the Doom hunter can:

* shoot a barrage of missiles, like the Revenant but with some differences, probably.

* Two straight rockets at the same time i believe.

* Chainsaw melee.

* Obviously float around.

* Is also, according to Hugo, mentioned to have a shield ability and i think it's when he's glowing blue. (because otherwhise, that energy shield wall might be coming from your chaingun as a weapon mod) (speaking of weapon mods, the triple rocket fire burst is back i guess)

Speaking of super enemies, that might mean the Prowler is the "super imp".

On 7/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, whatup876 said:

Speaking of super enemies, that might mean the Prowler is the "super imp".

Now I picture an imp in a leotard and cape! 

If the missing demons from 2016 were to return, would anyone like any gameplay changes?

And how?

I kinda imagined some of the following:

* The worms from the Hell Guards become their own entity; they're small, extremely low health but probably fast (a weapon like an assault rifle isn't ideal) and can do a Duke Nukem Protozoid Slime/Blood Choking Hand sort of attack where they "drain" the player's health and cover his vision with their ugly creepy mouths. but any sort of attack and dashing gets them out of the way and kills them.

* The Cybermanc (who's not the only cybermanc anymore, so call him slimancubus): considering the new gore system, shooting his cannons cause him to spew a green liquid that makes him pour acid next to him and when his slime balls hit the player, they attach to him temporarily, causing Doomguy to have 4 or so seconds of the health going down (at some appropriate speed and quantity) before it stops. (you can also stop the health drainage from acid just by picking up health like in Team Fortress 2 where this sort of thing happens)

* Hell Razer: i heard people complain that sometimes he just aims at a spot and shoots at it while you're not there, so maybe make him move the continuous energy beam while he's firing it instead of just freezing at a certain spot; a secondary attack could be a rail gun like attack (it's slower but ends up being a quick, strong beam like Hell's own Gauss cannon) and a different color/effect could be applied when indicating the attack.

* Speaking of the Razer, i once thought if he could be cybernetic in a new design and have a chainsaw in his other arm (ONE saw blade, since the Hunter gets TWO), one that functions like in OG Doom/Doom 3 so it actually does a "continuous/health draining" attack when it hits you and not a simple melee attack.

* He also bled yellow in some concept art, that could be used in this game.

* Harvester: He actually steals health from you and heals himself with it, to mirror the player doing that, but otherwise, he can still shoot 5 fireballs at once and his health shouldn't be that high to compensate for the self healing he has.

* There was the possessed engineer who's like a walking barrel, don't know what to do with him or the Summoner.

I just thought they could get some new moves and stuff if they came back.

Edit: Also when the poison balls from the Cybermanc hit you, Doomguy caughs like the flechettes from Hexen.

Wonder if one of these monsters could benefit from their equivalent of a BFG ball or Tesla rocket from the 2016 MP.

Edited by whatup876 : adding more, even more, ever more-er

I'm hoping we see demons like the Summoner, Hell Razer, and Harvester return in Doom Eternal.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, Zemini said:

Normal baron (with green blood) and Baalgar would be nice too.

You can see the head of Baalgar/Cyberdemon in the upper right-hand corner of the 25th-anniversary poster.

1234910351_Doom25.png.62a0e54dbd3252c771af8859a44ebb95.png

I just remembered that Hugo Martin worked on Pacific Rim and considering its roar, you could say the Baalgar might as well be a Kaiju.

Also, i thought about how Summoner and Archvile can play differently: If the Arch has to summon/"revive" enemies that were recently killed or even heal them to wash away the visable gore they recieve, the Summoner summons in a different way, being long ranged or through some objects that represent the upcoming summoned demons. (think icon of sin cubes as an example)

Like spheres representing portals that float away but you can shoot them down.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:02 PM, whatup876 said:

I just remembered that Hugo Martin worked on Pacific Rim and considering its roar, you could say the Baalgar might as well be a Kaiju.

Also, i thought about how Summoner and Archvile can play differently: If the Arch has to summon/"revive" enemies that were recently killed or even heal them to wash away the visable gore they recieve, the Summoner summons in a different way, being long ranged or through some objects that represent the upcoming summoned demons. (think icon of sin cubes as an example)

Like spheres representing portals that float away but you can shoot them down.

I had thought one reason they had gone for the summoner route was to more easily keep the enemy cap at a certain number (12 at a time), controlling her spawn ins. Plus an Archvile needs dead enemies, to be able to revive!

i wonder if the Eternal arch vile will still require you to hide around corners 🤔

Regardless of whether or not he's faithfull to the original version, i still hope the enemy variety in this game doesn't feel like they're recycling different types of attacks between enemies.

The Carcass' shield walls, an Arachnotron in a ceiling with grenades and a teleporting, triple projectile firing Prowler is a step foward, for example. (specially with how far they went with the weapon mods/alt fires)

I'm also under an impression that the Fire Baron replaces the regular Baron because they just couldn't think of a specific mechanic for a variant.