Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedSpartan

Doom Eternal is the Biblical Apocalypse

Hey guys I have a Theory in which doom eternal could be the biblical Apocalypse.Evidence well for starters the crucible prophecy.The latest wielder will go "mad or corrupted"(I cant remember correctly but something bad is going to happen to the last wielder)Samuel Hayden Is the last wielder what if The crucible prophecy relates to the Anti Christ and this Antichrist opens the get ways to hell allowing it to consume Earth After all there is already a demon worship cult in the UAC which they could be the anti Christ. It is said that in the apocalypse men will lose they re way and start worshiping false gods.The UAC is already preaching these ideals by calling the demon hoard "friends" and basically worship them.

In the Story Trailer The angelic voice says its heaven s turn to judge penance exactly what happens i the Apocalypse and to further back this up The voice "Its Written" where you may ask in the fucking Bible of course."They are no longer your people to save" If the angelic voice is referring to man kind .He is technically saying that its to late to save mankind because its already corrupted.And even do The Slayer is Heavens champion he is in Heavens way against the final war(or the final destruction of hell) against hell which takes place on earth like in the apocalypse.However our lone Hero is stuck in the middle of this War.We dont know what the Doom Slayers intentions are in eternal. TBH I have no idea if the Slayer just wants revenge or wants to save mankind.What do you guys think of this theory????tell me your thoughts

Also to back this up even more Id software has gone through the Bible before especially when making THY FLESH CONSUMED(Quote straight from the bible)It doesnt have to be 90% accurate but there are elements in there

Edited by DoomedSpartan

It depends on whether the angelic voice is an ally of Heaven or Hell.

5 minutes ago, igg said:

It depends on whether the angelic voice is an ally of Heaven or Hell.

Well the first voice sounded pretty Hellish to me.The one That said "Why are you here" maybe its a demon lord telling the Doom Slayer  that this is not his War anymore.The second voice(the one that talked throughout the majority of the trailer) sounded very similar to the Voice from Doom 2016 that said "Rip N tear until its done"

So the same voice who wants Hell being stopped from Mars invasion now says Earth should be invaded?

well not exactly earth is already invaded.Samuel Hayden may have gone mad and opened or the UAC opened the portal to Hell.The voice is saying  that Heaven should Handle the problem

What could be worse than Earth covered in blood and dead corpses?

2 hours ago, mjf6866 said:

confirmed:  Doomslayer is Jesus :)

First I came to forgive, now I am here to fight. I have come again in glory to judge the living and the undead and my kingdom shall have no end.

3 hours ago, mjf6866 said:

confirmed:  Doomslayer is Jesus :)

Well he is heavens champion.He was blessed by the Seraph-in The highest order of angels whom take orders directly from God Himself.And The Seraphin told him to reek  absolute chaos in hell Keeping Satan and hell at bay.And only when he was not present Hell was let Loose on Earth.Everytime the Slayer was present  Hell was always controlled. Doom Slayer sacrifices his life and soul to keep mankind safe from hell.So yeah you could say he is a more brutal and anti-hero version of a Jesus like character(however he is not the son of God)

On 6/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, DoomedSpartan said:

well not exactly earth is already invaded.Samuel Hayden may have gone mad and opened or the UAC opened the portal to Hell.The voice is saying  that Heaven should Handle the problem

Hello, first post here! Anyway, I think you're misreading it, The angelic voice talking isn't saying that it's the heaven's time to fight, on the contrary, it's the time to allow the Hellish armies to lay waste to humanity. He says something like "It's there time to give penance".

Which all things considered does play into your idea of the story of Earth being invaded tie into the Biblical Apocalypse.

I actually don't think Hayden is the one who opened the gates of hell on Earth, on the contrary, he might have done something to ensure this didn't happen.

In Doom 2016 there is a moment in Advanced Research Lab where we see a holographic conversation between Samuel and Olivia; there we have Hayden reprimanding Olivia and telling her that it's been a long time since him and the board have had any news on what she is doing, this implying that he has no "DIRECT" saying in the invasion. 
He just wants the Argent Energy to fuel the ever increasing greedy need of energy that mankind has developed over centuries, all of this is to ensure that the human society is able to keep prospering.

So I'm pretty sure that what happened on Earth is simply another play of what happened on Mars.

Samuel kept extracting Argent Energy and eventually many humans started hearing voices and making contracts with the Dark Lords and brought about the Invasion.
Our boi Hayden fought back with some UAC guys who were still sane and.. lost.

Hugo told us last year at Quakecon that there are willingly or not atleast two factions in the UAC, there's people who are simply there to work their day job and others who have become fanatical followers of hell. 

Samuel is probably being kept alive by these guys. I guess we will meet him and he will tell us what happened before we ignore him and move forward with our Crusade, I don't think he will appear any further in the main campaign.

I'm gonna take this post to reddit because there is so much stuff in that story Trailer that I want to share it and hear even more people's opinion! :D

Thank you for the idea of the biblical apocalypse, it fits so well, I wonder if they read the revelation books before delving further in developing Doom Eternal's lore!

OMG Thanks man yes spread The Word.And even if Im wrong about Hayden.Heaven allowing Earth to be invaded also makes sense cuzz like.The UAC cult Are spreading They're demon ideology around the world.And  Heaven Is like: "Well guys to late to save mankind".They are already worshiping demons so Lets start The apocalypse

But something big is going To happen with Hayden He is the last wielder of The crucible and theres a prophecy sorounding that the last wielder of the Crucible

Etheir why it symbolices The Apocalypse Cuzz of the spread of demon Ideology

1 hour ago, Torok said:

Thank you for the idea of the biblical apocalypse, it fits so well, I wonder if they read the revelation books before delving further in developing Doom Eternal's lore!

Im not impressed if they did.They already read the Bible before.They also took inspiration from it to make a few demons like The Mancubus.

So yeah spread the word 

But something big is going To happen with Hayden He is the last wielder of The crucible and theres a prophecy sorounding that the last wielder of the Crucible

do you mind if I ask you for a source on that? I've never heard or read anything about it and now you got me excited :D

35 minutes ago, Torok said:

do you mind if I ask you for a source on that?

Do you know who's midnight? he is a doom Lore you tuber one of his recent videos he covered that I think it was the E3 teaser(short one) analysis video

Also in the book of apocalypse there after the Rapture a huge hole appears from the  ground from where Satan in the form of a dragon/hydra and his beast come forth.So yeah Heaven could ve allowed Hell to invade earth.But we dont know yet

Personally, I doubt it. I suspect the "angels" seen in the reveal are really the wraiths, which are probably the same species as whatever the Vadrigar from Quake 3 is. Doom (2016) has several elements from Quake in it, so my impression at that time was they were merging Quake and Doom into one universe. So far, Doom Eternal has only reinforced that impression.

Based on what is known about the wraiths from Doom (2016) and what can be inferred from Quake 3's "story," the angels are cruel and sadistic. The Vadrigar had designed the "arena" for his own amusement. The lore surrounding the wraiths demonstrates that they seem to view other races as inferior, with the lives of other races having no real value. The original Argent D'Nur was probably built by the Night Sentinels, which was then conquered by the demons. The crucible and/or freeing of the wraiths allowed Samuel Hayden to contact them and obtain a direct source to Argent energy (which is actually provided by the wraiths, not the demons). The codex entries mention Argent D'Nur being conquered by laying a curse upon the wraiths while they were sleeping and the Icon of Sin commands the demons to stop you, stating they must not be freed.

Once Samuel Hayden had established a direct source to Argent energy, he and humanity probably built the "heaven" we saw out of reverence for them but was then betrayed and ripped apart when he was no longer useful to them. My assumption is Doom Eternal begins with a dying Samuel Hayden using his interdimensional tether to pull you back, this time to Earth, which has erupted into a cataclysmic war between hell and the wraiths.

This is purely speculation of course, and I'm kind of operating on a desire for the Doom Slayer to be the same Doom Marine from the original Doom games. The entire premise behind Doom 64 is that of a trap being set for the Doom Marine by the demons, concluding with the Doom Marine deciding to remain in hell forever to ensure no demon ever rises again, so it is simple to imagine Doom (2016) being a continuation from there.

If you consider Doom 3 and the details surrounding hell established in that game, it is reasonable to believe the Doom Marine is hundreds (perhaps thousands) of years old in Doom (2016). This would also explain his UAC armor, and because Earth had already been (nearly) destroyed in the past, why he is treated the way he is in Doom (2016). Samuel Hayden seems to suspect what or who you really are, but it is kind of up to personal interpretation.

There are several (very subtle) hints that this may be the case in Doom (2016), with references to the Tower of Babel, the Kadingir Sanctum (Blood Keep) and pieces of lore on the various demons.

The Night Sentinels themselves could be a reference to the Knight enemies encountered in Quake, with Death Knights being the undead variant seen in Quake and Quake Champions, Doom Eternal promotional skins and referenced in Doom (2016). I have a few ideas as to how that all plays in but it's pure speculation with nothing to back it up, so I'm going to stop with my thoughts here.

Edited by Vesperas_

You guys seriously think its an Angel talking in the trailer? The very first couple of words may be an Angel saying "Why are you here", but the rest is Samuel Hayden's voice narrating the trailer. 

Go and compare the previous games voice, its practically the same. What ended up happening is they likely used the same voice actor but added a different audio effect to the voice, or its a completely different voice actor that sounds similar. 

Hayden knew more than we did in the first game, especially when he took the crucible, or even before that when he made you go and recover it. This is why he is saying it is written, you dont know what you interfere with, its bigger than you, etc. 

It makes literally zero sense for an Angel to say that "it is their time to give penance". Why in the world would he talk about his flock in third person? "They are no longer your people to save" could be referring to left over populace in Argent Dnur or Hayden is simply saying humanity is no longer Slayers to save as things are way too out of control.

But this raises a ton of questions: What was Hayden thinking in the first game when he wanted to keep Hell energy flowing for Humanity. It seemed like a disaster no matter which way you point to now we know what we know. 

Did Hayden simply become corrupted after the events of taking the Crucible?

How did the Slayer make it back from being teleported back to hell?

Did the Slayer cause that huge explosion on mars that we see him drop pod into?

Likely in the beginning of Eternal we will see what Hayden did or tried to do with the Crucible. Its likely how he got chopped in two.

14 hours ago, ROKTEK said:

Why in the world would he talk about his flock in third person?

He could be talking about Hell which makes more sense

4 hours ago, DoomedSpartan said:

He could be talking about Hell which makes more sense

This makes even less sense. I am not sure what youre talking about. 

2 hours ago, ROKTEK said:

This makes even less sense. I am not sure what youre talking about. 

Well if you've read the Apocalypse its says that humanity has lost their way and they are worshiping false gods(demons in Doom Eternal) and as for punishment Heaven decides to let hell invade Earth.Which this definitely links to "its their(hell) time to give penance".As punishment for worshiping demons and using hellish energy(argent) Heaven is going to allow hell to invade Earth

1 hour ago, DoomedSpartan said:

Well if you've read the Apocalypse its says that humanity has lost their way and they are worshiping false gods(demons in Doom Eternal) and as for punishment Heaven decides to let hell invade Earth.Which this definitely links to "its their(hell) time to give penance".As punishment for worshiping demons and using hellish energy(argent) Heaven is going to allow hell to invade Earth

Youre assuming Argent energy is Hell's creation, which IMO it is not. Take a look at the Collectors Edition, one of the items is "The Gift of Argent Power", which clearly shows angels giving the gift of Argent to the people of Argent Dnur. The guy receiving it is the king, the king that is likely sitting on the throne like a hologram in the official trailer. You can also see the priest standing next to the king, which is the same guy from the mural (I think its the guy that betrayed Argent Dnur. The only explanation I have for the Argent energy is that it comes from soul of all living beings, and Wraiths just happens to have a lot more juice than others. This is the reason why we free them in the previous game, otherwise they function like a battery which creates the energy. 

The idea od worshiping Hell somehow escapes me. They literally turned everyone into zombies in the previous game, it doesnt seem like they are looking for worship. But I guess well find out

Ok but humans are not allowed to be dealing with argent energy cuzz if they are allowed why dont they have it

2 hours ago, ROKTEK said:

The idea od worshiping Hell somehow escapes me. They literally turned everyone into zombies in the previous game, it doesnt seem like they are looking for worship. But I guess well find out

Well they did worships demons and they were spreading demon ideology in Earth by calling the demons friends.And in the 1st game a lot of people volunteered for the revenant program no one was forced into being turned.The UAC Cult especially has grown a lot and it is spreading they re ideologies.Especially in Earth were they were telling everybody to welcome they re new friends and in the trailer we can see a lot of people bowing down to a hell priest.Samuel is an interesting take maybe he got destroyed while protecting the crucible or he got so corrupted the crucible destroyed him .IDKwe will have to wait and see

I feel we have very little info on this like who are the 2 voices who is the 2nd voice trailer talking about.What exactly is the marauder(its not a demon for sure).What is heaven and Sentinel Primes Role in all this,Who is in possession of the crucible(cant be Hayden just look at him),And where is the Icon of Sin???

However this theory should not be overlooked because ID Software has taken a lot of inspiration and a lot of stuff from the Bible to make Classic Doom

They could've revisited all that

30 minutes ago, DoomedSpartan said:

However this theory should not be overlooked because ID Software has taken a lot of inspiration and a lot of stuff from the Bible to make Classic Doom

They could've revisited all that

Even in Doom 1 + 2 the portrayal of hell is not very biblical. In the Bible Hell doesn't exist before the apocalypse and God is the ruler of Hell, not Satan or any other demonic king.

9 hours ago, igg said:

Even in Doom 1 + 2 the portrayal of hell is not very biblical. In the Bible Hell doesn't exist before the apocalypse and God is the ruler of Hell, not Satan or any other demonic king.

THAT would make an interesting twist.

10 hours ago, igg said:

Even not counting those facts, Doom's portrayal of hell isn't biblical because demons aren't physical in the Bible.