Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

PrBoom+ 2.6.66 (Jun 20, 2023)

20 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

Is there a chance to have nightly builds like chocolate/crispy doom? I hate build github projects my self.

Actually, I suggested this to Blzut3 last year, to see if it could get daily builds like the other ports do on DRD Team, but he's been so busy nothing came of it thus far, just an entry on the site.

There are builds produced by Github that you can get as long as you have a Github account.

Go to https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/actions, click on a commit (e.g. https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/actions/runs/577964986 at the time of writing) and scroll down to "Artifacts" and click the platform (e.g. "vs_x64") to download a zip. If you're not logged in to Github, you'll get a 404.

15 hours ago, zx64 said:

There are builds produced by Github that you can get as long as you have a Github account.

Go to https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/actions, click on a commit (e.g. https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/actions/runs/577964986 at the time of writing) and scroll down to "Artifacts" and click the platform (e.g. "vs_x64") to download a zip. If you're not logged in to Github, you'll get a 404.

wait wha... Why nobody told me this before wtf

Edited by JuanchoES

Yeah man the hell? They work now?

I recall trying them once but nothing came through. Now that's quite epic. This really flew under my radar.

16 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Didn't work for me, requires a bunch of DLLs that others don't need.

You can probably copy the DLLs from the latest release into the builds to make them work.

EDIT: Nevermind, just tested it and it doesn't work.

Edited by Andromeda : my bad

51 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Didn't work for me, requires a bunch of DLLs that others don't need.

44 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

You can probably copy the DLLs from the latest release into the builds to make them work.

EDIT: Nevermind, just tested it and it doesn't work.

Of course not, they are not full builds, it's just the executable that gets built and maybe a few other crucial files (the pk3 files in the case of GZDoom and Raze, for instance). They're artifacts after all.

The remaining libraries need to be either taken from an older build, the dependencies archive, or be self-compiled. My builds were self-compiled with the libraries taken from the dependency archive.

8 minutes ago, seed said:

Of course not, they are not full builds, it's just the executable that gets built and maybe a few other crucial files (the pk3 files in the case of GZDoom and Raze, for instance). They're artifacts after all.

Hey don't hit me, this CI stuff is new to me :P

5 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Hey don't hit me, this CI stuff is new to me :P

I'm not, I'm just a fluffy nerd, not an expert despite appearances :p .

Here's a win32 build of the latest commit (8d22abe). The "-pistolstart" command-line parameter and fixed fullscreen alt+tab are nice changes. I didn't want to wait for an official release so I built it myself. I used MSYS2 (MinGW 32-bit) and this to generate the files and grab the latest .dll files.

prboom-plus-20210220-win32.zip

Edited by ceski

17 hours ago, ceski said:

Here's a win32 build of the latest commit (8d22abe). The "-pistolstart" command-line parameter and fixed fullscreen alt+tab are nice changes. I didn't want to wait for an official release so I built it myself. I used MSYS2 (MinGW 32-bit) and this to generate the files and grab the latest .dll files.

prboom-plus-20210220-win32.zip

There is something wrong with your prboom+, it sound muffled, maybe a commit broke the sound in the source port?

Clean install of prboom+ version 2.6um LEFT https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.6um and prboom+ version uploaded by @ceski RIGHT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bNJgHBnoUkN0vpBQfO7K_iA8AC0D6pPK/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, JuanchoES said:

There is something wrong with your prboom+, it sound muffled, maybe a commit broke the sound in the source port?

Clean install of prboom+ version 2.6um LEFT https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.6um and prboom+ version uploaded by @ceski RIGHT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bNJgHBnoUkN0vpBQfO7K_iA8AC0D6pPK/view?usp=sharing

That's due to the low-pass filter added by "SmileTheory" which I agree, sounds muffled, and should probably be an option rather than forced on. See here for more details.

I can hear that, too, but I thought it was just me playing around with the random pitch shifting implementation. I'll turn it into an optional feature tomorrow. 

On 2/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, maxmanium said:

@Never_Again any new builds?

My system's SSD gave up the ghost a few days ago, taking Windoze and the MSYS2 tree with it. The former I had backed up, the latter not; thus no builds that week.

Meanwhile ceski posted his dev build.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, ceski said:

A nice bash script, should be a worthwhile addition to the currently empty Prboom-plus Wiki. A couple questions/corrections:

1) The mingw-w64-i686-fluidsynth package is missing from the list.

2) --ignore=mingw-w64-i686-gcc-ada,mingw-w64-i686-gcc-fortran,mingw-w64-i686-gcc-libgfortran,mingw-w64-i686-gcc-objc should be added after mingw-w64-i686-toolchain, to avoid installing a bunch of unnecessary compilers.

3) Your DLL count is 36 vs. my (and the official v2.6um's) 38. The two missing DLLs are libgmodule-2.0-0.dll and libspeex-1.dll. An oversight or are they no longer used by prboom-plus?

12 hours ago, Never_Again said:

1) The mingw-w64-i686-fluidsynth package is missing from the list.

Thanks, the SDL2_mixer package also installs fluidsynth but I guess it doesn't hurt to add it to the script.

12 hours ago, Never_Again said:

3) Your DLL count is 36 vs. my (and the official v2.6um's) 38. The two missing DLLs are libgmodule-2.0-0.dll and libspeex-1.dll. An oversight or are they no longer used by prboom-plus?

I tried a few different approaches to detecting .dll dependencies and none of them caught those two files so I guess they're no longer needed or maybe the code that uses them is currently commented out.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by ceski

1 hour ago, ceski said:

Thanks, SDL_mixer already grabs fluidsynth but I guess it doesn't hurt to add it.

Fluidsynth is optional to SDL2_Mixer in MSYS2, it's dlopen()ed at runtime. 

1 hour ago, fabian said:

Fluidsynth is optional to SDL2_Mixer in MSYS2, it's dlopen()ed at runtime. 

Okay, but I'm just saying that "pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-SDL2_mixer" also installs mingw-w64-i686-fluidsynth. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you @ceski for the build and thank you so much @fabian for your great work with the prboom fork i really appreciate it :)

Any chance that unlimited saves could make it into this sourceport? (a la GZDoom) I find that I keep running out and having to delete one.

Hi all. So I'm trying to set up episodes in PRBoom+ 2.5.1.7um using UMAPINFO, but when I run the game, my new episode appears at the bottom of the list, with a bunch of empty spaces above. How can I specify which episodes go where so they appear in order?

This is what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/TwtJ52l.mp4

Edit: this is what my UMAPINFO looks like right now:

MAP MAP01
{
    LevelName = "Test"
    Next = "map02"
    SkyTexture = "sky2"
    Music = "D_RUNNIN"
    ParTime = 39
    Episode = "M_BLACK", "BLACKOUT", "A"
}

I know the answer to this is probably a pretty definitive no, but could analog stick support be added to the engine without in any way compromising demo compat?

9 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

I know the answer to this is probably a pretty definitive no, but could analog stick support be added to the engine without in any way compromising demo compat?

This would be great to have in PRBoom+. The Vita port has dual analog stick support and it doesn't appear to interfere with demo compatibility.

@DU0, to fix the episode thing, put "episode = clear" on a line before your episode definition, like so:

MAP MAP01
{
    LevelName = "Test"
    Next = "map02"
    SkyTexture = "sky2"
    Music = "D_RUNNIN"
    ParTime = 39
    Episode = clear
}

That oughta fix it.

3 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Analog movement really shouldn't be an issue with the demo format. The game had it from the beginning.

More specifically, all movement in Doom is analogue already. Keyboard movement is specifically translated into analogue, and is also how the run key is handled (holding run == higher analogue value).

20 minutes ago, Xaser said:

@DU0, to fix the episode thing, put "episode = clear" on a line before your episode definition, like so:

MAP MAP01
{
    LevelName = "Test"
    Next = "map02"
    SkyTexture = "sky2"
    Music = "D_RUNNIN"
    ParTime = 39
    Episode = clear
}

That oughta fix it.

Hey Xaser, thanks for answering. I tried it here, but it doesn't appear to work. If I add in "Episode = clear", the episode select screen doesn't appear.

19 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Analog movement really shouldn't be an issue with the demo format. The game had it from the beginning.

14 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

More specifically, all movement in Doom is analogue already. Keyboard movement is specifically translated into analogue, and is also how the run key is handled (holding run == higher analogue value).

So what you fine gentlemen are saying is that it would totally be possible to add modern gamepad support to PrBoom+? I really love playing FPS with an analog stick and mouse at the same time, it would be one of those things which would really perfect the port in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, DU0 said:

Hey Xaser, thanks for answering. I tried it here, but it doesn't appear to work. If I add in "Episode = clear", the episode select screen doesn't appear.

i just tried it and worked for me.

You just need to write the ''episode = clear'' on the map of the first episode.

leave the rest with just the episode = 'M_EPI1', 'Name of the epi', 'position of the epi'