Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

PrBoom+ 2.6.66 (Jun 20, 2023)

Any chance for the latest Win x64 build including DLLs?

(I wonder why binaries compiled from the Github "Actions" tab won't work with DLLs from the official release. And yes, this also goes for using x86 binaries with x86 DLLs.)

Edited by NightFright

I will report a few bugs that seem to still happen in the latest 2.6.2 version. Recently I finished the Cydonia megawad using it, which is where the screenshot below comes from.

First, the SSG sometimes shows a line above the firing frame. If I'm not mistaken, it might have been reported before but it still wasn't fixed. It is mostly noticeable when fighting an enemy in front of you. I can't seem to always reproduce this one, so I hope I am being clear enough. I wasn't able to reproduce it by just firing blindly at a wall. It might also help if firing while walking/running instead of standing still.

Second, when loading a saved game (usually after opening the game, not in the same game session, though it might work if loading different saves from different levels), during the melting animation, the weapon appears misaligned on the HUD. The Chaingun is the weapon I can most reliably reproduce the bug, seems to sometimes appear slightly to the left but in some rare cases, it appears in the far left side of the screen, as the screenshot I took recently, which is shown below. After the melting animation finishes, the weapon returns to the center of the screen normally.

Third, when loading the game with a powerup active (such as the radiation suit and the berserk red tint), during the melting animation, only the status bar is seen with the tint but the main screen doesn't get the tint until the melting animation has fully finished. The screenshot below shows both this and the above glitch in effect.

It's important to note that the first two glitches (SSG line, misaligned weapon) only happen in the UMAPINFO fork (even happened in the previous 2.6.1 release, possibly in 2.6.0 as well), while the last glitch with the tint on the screen not showing up immediately, it happened in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 as well.

PrBoomPlus-262-WeirdGlitch.png.78160c6140a5c8a100b0b1f30ce3c952.png

Download prboom+ and I can't get to secret levels

It directly sends me to level 16, the same would happen from map31 to map32, it would send me to map16 again.

How could i solve this? Greetings

Edited by lastplayer

2 hours ago, SilverHurling said:

Hey, somebody knows if Prboom+ will keep being updated? or if it dies at version 2.6.2

It's being maintained for bug fixes. If you are looking for a particular feature you may want to look into dsda-doom which is based on PrBoom+.

The filter for lighting option smooths the gradient on floors and ceilings, but not on walls. Is it a error, a limitation, a decision? Is it possible to smooth the lighting effect on the walls?

Edited by Ulukai

29 minutes ago, Ulukai said:

The filter for lighting option smoothes the gradient on floors and ceilings, but not on walls. Is it a error, a limitation, a decision? Is it possible to smooth the lighting effect on the walls?

What exactly do you mean? Walls are drawn completely vertically in Doom, so the whole wall segment will have the same lighting for a given distance.

Are you perhaps referring to this?

11 hours ago, maxmanium said:

What exactly do you mean? Walls are drawn completely vertically in Doom, so the whole wall segment will have the same lighting for a given distance.

Are you perhaps referring to this?

Filter for lighting, in display options. This option smooths horizontal banding effect on floor and ceiling using dithering, but walls keep the original vertical banding.

KHP8PSB.gif

Is it possible to apply this filter to complete scene including walls?

Edited by Ulukai

Does Demo Join key work properly for anyone? In my case it doesn't do anything at all. It works in Woof, but not in PrBoom+/DSDA-Doom.

51 minutes ago, PKr said:

Does Demo Join key work properly for anyone? In my case it doesn't do anything at all. It works in Woof, but not in PrBoom+/DSDA-Doom.

In both Pr+ and DSDA-Doom it works with -recordfromto like this:

..\prboom-plus-262-w32\prboom-plus.exe -iwad ..\wads\DOOM2.WAD -file ..\wads\sunlust.wad -complevel 9 -skill 4 -warp 2 -recordfromto ..\lmp\sunlust\map02.lmp ..\lmp\sunlust\map02_new.lmp

It starts playback of first demo (map02.lmp) and at any point you can press join key to take control. The new output goes to map02_new.lmp.

Admittedly, to arrive at that google-fu failed me and I had to sift through the source code to arrive at the parameter usage. One can probably drop excess parameters that are part of input demo anyway (warp/skill/complevel) but I was too lazy so I copypasted the bat file :)

Edited by Doomy__Doom

13 minutes ago, Doomy__Doom said:

In both Pr+ and DSDA-Doom it works with -recordfromto like this:

..\prboom-plus-262-w32\prboom-plus.exe -iwad ..\wads\DOOM2.WAD -file ..\wads\sunlust.wad -complevel 9 -skill 4 -warp 2 -recordfromto ..\lmp\sunlust\map02.lmp ..\lmp\sunlust\map02_new.lmp

It starts playback of first demo (map02.lmp) and at any point you can press join key to take control. The new output goes to map02_new.lmp

Thanks, it works, but... Was it always like that? I could've sworn it used to work just like Woof. That said I might be imagining things as I've been playing Crispy/Woof almost exclusively lately.

1 hour ago, Heck Yeah said:

From what I understand - for Boom and above. Anything below (e.g. all common vanilla cl's - 2,3,4) is preserved for demo compat.

In p_maputl.c -> P_BlockLinesIterator we can find this:

// killough 1/31/98: for compatibility we need to use the old method.
  // Most demos go out of sync, and maybe other problems happen, if we
  // don't consider linedef 0. For safety this should be qualified.

if (!demo_compatibility) // killough 2/22/98: demo_compatibility check
    list++;     // skip 0 starting delimiter                      // phares

demo_compatibility is defined in doomstat.h as a check of complevel against boom_compatibility_compatibility:

#define demo_compatibility (compatibility_level < boom_compatibility_compatibility)

which in turn is defined in the same file as:

typedef enum {
  doom_12_compatibility,   /* Doom v1.2 */
  doom_1666_compatibility, /* Doom v1.666 */
  doom2_19_compatibility,  /* Doom & Doom 2 v1.9 */
  ultdoom_compatibility,   /* Ultimate Doom and Doom95 */
  finaldoom_compatibility,     /* Final Doom */
  dosdoom_compatibility,     /* DosDoom 0.47 */
  tasdoom_compatibility,     /* TASDoom */
  boom_compatibility_compatibility,      /* Boom's compatibility mode */
... other stuff like boom versions, prboom versions, mbf etc

I could be missing something though, I feel like I'm recalling seeing line 0 bug in a popular boom wad on YT somewhere, but can't pinpoint exasctly what it was.

Edited by Doomy__Doom

47 minutes ago, DawidKoz09xD said:

It does not play the monster sond when I exit it :( Please fix that.

Set "Show ENDOOM Screen" to "Yes" in Options > General > (Page 2) > Miscellaneous (near the bottom).

Hello using various compatibility levels I realized that I can not use weapons such as the fist or the super shotgun.

I don't know if this only happens to me.

If you pick up a chainsaw you can no longer use the fist unless you pick up a berserk pack. When you go to next level you lose the ability to switch from the chainsaw to the fist (by pressing the "1" key repeatedly) until you find another berserk pack. That's how things are on the vanilla complevels (0-4).

What problems are you having with the SSG? Outline the scenario in detail: WADs/DEHs loaded, complevel and the Prb+ version.

Hello,
First post on this forum - question about PrBoom+ - I'm using this source port to play the ray-traced Doom mod.

The version I'm using:
https://github.com/sultim-t/prboom-plus-rt/releases

I have an annoying little problem with this particular source port though - the audio options seem to be limited. There's only the classic sliders for music and SFX. But the biggest issue is, setting the slider to zero doesn't completely mute the game music. The music "bleeds" through and is still audible.

So when I try to mute the music so that I could play music from external source, like with PlayStation Doom Soundtrack from YouTube or something - I can still hear the original MIDI music. I can't mute the game through Windows mixer either, because I still do want the SFX to work.

Anyone here with experience with PrBoom+ in this regard? There's no console commands - do I need to edit the files somehow? .cfg- file already has the music set to "0" - but it wont mute the music completely. Thanks in advance for any help!

4 hours ago, Never_Again said:

If you pick up a chainsaw you can no longer use the fist unless you pick up a berserk pack. When you go to next level you lose the ability to switch from the chainsaw to the fist (by pressing the "1" key repeatedly) until you find another berserk pack. That's how things are on the vanilla complevels (0-4).

What problems are you having with the SSG? Outline the scenario in detail: WADs/DEHs loaded, complevel and the Prb+ version.

Thanks for your attention :)

It seems that the failure with the super shotgun was something specific at that time

1 hour ago, kaidanovsky said:

Anyone here with experience with PrBoom+ in this regard? There's no console commands - do I need to edit the files somehow? .cfg- file already has the music set to "0" - but it wont mute the music completely. Thanks in advance for any help!

Use the parameter "-nomusic" when launching the game.

18 hours ago, JadingTsunami said:

Use the parameter "-nomusic" when launching the game.

Of course, elegant solution, thank you for your help!

While I've been using different source ports for a long time, I've never done any launch parameters myself. Didn't think of this.

Edited by kaidanovsky

On 10/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, Heck Yeah said:

Is PrBoom plus created for android as well ?

If yes, can anybody give me the link to download it ?

It's one of the ports included in Delta Touch, which you can find on the Play Store.

Here you go: prboom-plus-20221201-win64.zip

For PortMidi users:

mus_portmidi_reset_type "" ("none", "gs", "gm", "gm2", "xg")
mus_portmidi_reset_delay 0 (0 to 2000 ms)
mus_portmidi_filter_sysex 1 (0: allow, 1: block)
mus_portmidi_reverb_level 40 (0 to 127)
mus_portmidi_chorus_level 0 (0 to 127)

4 hours ago, ceski said:

For PortMidi users:

What do I need to do with the code above or is this just the changed made? Cheers (and sorry for my ignorance).

3 hours ago, nobleflame said:

What do I need to do with the code above or is this just the changed made? Cheers (and sorry for my ignorance).

For example, this is how the Alien Vendetta MAP24 music should sound (it's XG MIDI):

The video was recorded in the development version of Woof, but works the same way in PrBoom+. Set mus_portmidi_filter_sysex to 0 in the config and it will work.

On 12/2/2022 at 5:39 AM, ceski said:

For PortMidi users:

This version seems to completely break fluidsynth for me. Some notes are completely missing or only play for a brief second before cutting out. 

I reverted back to the previous version (posted a couple of months back) and the issue goes away. Not sure what's going on, but thought you'd want to know.