Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

PrBoom+ 2.6.66 (Jun 20, 2023)

On 6/25/2020 at 11:04 AM, printz said:

Good. It was really ZDoom's specific sound, I don't get why PrBoom+ copied it and then people came in to ask me to add it to Eternity as well instead of being silent.

I don't have enough facepalms for this.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, printz said:

I don't get why PrBoom+ copied it

It's not even the mysteriousest mystery when it comes to PrBoom+.

2 hours ago, seed said:

I dunno man, I would agree here normally, but this was a bit rude, unnecessarily so too...

Also what other mysteries lie deep within PrBoom? I'm curious.

Some people behind the screen become keyboard warriors...

What do you recommend to adjust the aspect ratio in Glboom option? 

Edited by Valboom

1 hour ago, Valboom said:

What do you recommend to adjust the aspect ratio in Glboom option? 

Just leave that to "Auto" in both executables, the game takes care of adjusting the aspect of the game, menus, etc. automatically depending on your resolution that way, there's no point in changing it unless you want your game to look weird.

11 minutes ago, seed said:

Lascialo su "Auto" in entrambi gli eseguibili, il gioco si occupa di regolare automaticamente l'aspetto del gioco, dei menu, ecc. A seconda della tua risoluzione in quel modo, non ha senso cambiarlo a meno che tu non voglia che il tuo gioco appaia strano.

But the native resolution of my PC is 1920x1080, with the same settings Prboom has the right aspect ratio, only in Glboom no.

7 minutes ago, Valboom said:

But the native resolution of my PC is 1920x1080, with the same settings Prboom has the right aspect ratio, only in Glboom no.

Lol, your translator leaked through. Can you upload your glboom-plus.cfg?

1 hour ago, maxmanium said:

Lol, your translator leaked through. Can you upload your glboom-plus.cfg?

glboom-plus.7z

Edited by Valboom

I know this could potentially be years out, but what about bringing back a limited version of DESHUPP (limited as in ditching Heretic/Hexen/Strife states and replacing them with the extended Crispy/Retro standard)?

2 hours ago, Shadow Hog said:

Ooh, I like the sound of this.

Has WhackEd been updated to support these new sprites/states?

Yes, it has.

New sounds when?

It is a much worse limit than sprite names, since the latter doesn't restrict you to using the same amount of sprites in every collection as IWADs had, drastically expanding the possibilities even with the standard list.

I'm encountering lower performance in the latest couple builds posted here. With version 2.5.1.5 and the build posted by seed May 15 (both the x86 and x64 versions), I get about 80 fps at the opening scene of Map 01, Entryway (as measured by the IDRATE cheat), but with Never_Again's June 6 and June 26 builds, I only get about 45 fps, making things noticeably choppy on my 60Hz monitor. I tested on a couple other maps (including the opening of Struggle - Antaresian Legacy's Map 28 for a relatively complex scene) and got similar results, about half the framerate on the newer builds compared to the older ones. In all cases I was using the default config, only turning vsync off, fullscreen on, and resolution to 1920x1200. (I also tried windowed 640x480 and saw framerate drop from around 450 to 250 on Entryway, though of course in this case the framerate is high enough that there's no visible difference to me.) I'm running Windows 10, by the way.

Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? A change in the code, or perhaps a difference in compilation options or runtime libraries?

The binaries are probably compiled with CMake's "debug" build profile - which for odd reasons is the default. 

54 minutes ago, fabian said:

The binaries are probably compiled with CMake's "debug" build profile - which for odd reasons is the default. 

This could be the reason, since the performance is halved.

I've not personally checked Never's builds, but that seems to be the perfect case of Debug vs Release builds. All the builds I posted are optimized Release builds compiled with VS2019.

Well, since I was also working on making a new release, I guess I'll post my builds too. Just like last time, both an optimized x86 Release build is provided in addition to an x64 one.

The list of changes is found in the provided changelog within the archive, covering what happened since my May 15th release.

Have fun and report any issues you find!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QX83oleeLSqH4fBTA90kXnR20u5WYGyA/view?usp=sharing

16 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Do these carry a new umbrella name like DEHSUPP or is that yet to be decided?

With your penchant for looking up obscure Doom port trivia, you should know that calling it DEHSUPP would be a terribly confusing move.

Besides I'm pretty sure it stands for "DEH SUPPORT". Something like EXTRADEH might make more sense.

40 minutes ago, Gez said:

With your penchant for looking up obscure Doom port trivia, you should know that calling it DEHSUPP would be a terribly confusing move.

Exactly. Hence why i asked if a new name was considered because these new states don't fall under how DEHSUPP currently is used anyway (ZDaemon)

You are quite the obscure archivist yourself, Gez. Somewhere down the line the Doom equivalent of the Bibliotheca Ulpia is where we live. :)

40 minutes ago, Gez said:

Besides I'm pretty sure it stands for "DEH SUPPORT". Something like EXTRADEH might make more sense.

That's a good name. DEHADDIT might be another? (DEH Additional)

Could also spell ''They had it'' which is amusing only to my eyes and ears.

I'd love to hear more about this. As DEHSUPP is only in use by one port and Crispy/Retro has a wider reach, these additional states definitely put Crispy (and Retro) in its own bracket.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:45 PM, fabian said:

It's not odd, developers usually compile a program for testing much more often than they compile a release version for other people to run.

Maybe DEHACK++? :V

Though really, given BEX files don't get a special lump name but still work, there probably is a way to indicate that the DEHACKED revision is a more-advanced one inside the file itself; it'd be better to just advance that one a notch.

Also echoing Da Werecat's comment on sounds; that's a limitation I ran into as well. Got by for my purposes by overriding the dog sounds, but beyond that there's maybe one sound to work with...

I originally implemented the additional states, etc. in DOOM Retro at the request of @VGA so he could make his SMOOTHED and BlackOps mods. It seems only fitting that he should decide on the name. :)

DEHTOOMS, for DEH Tons Of Other Moddable States

And it's SMOOTHED backwards, obviously.

Hello, I want to report a problem that occurs in Alien Vendetta MAP01, a texture becomes glitchy when seen by the player. I thought it was because i was using an old version but the the problem persist in the new versions. I have tried other ports but so far this problem only occurs on GLBoom.

This problem also happened in doomretro but it has already been solved. I leave the link of the report so you can see what I mean.

Here

Edit: HOM

Edited by JaMpocalypse