Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

Recommend me YOUR wads

52 minutes ago, Phobus said:

Thanks! I thought it would tie together the disparate elements better, which seemed important to me at the time. I appreciate how you're so immediate with these suggestions - it's why I posted in the first place!

Thank you for your kind words!

Narrative and story aren't that important in most wads, but even small things like your briefings add charm to them.

7 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Comments on my posted map are welcome.

I'll get on it, just gotta play it first.

@Jaska

Map01 - A perfect intro map, shows the player what they're getting into: an exploration heavy wad with some of the most spectacular scenery I've seen in a while and a focus on roaming monsters and skyrmishes in large open spaces.

I3PlDlL.png

Map05 - "Lost in the Woods" is an accurate title for this level, it's very mazey and sprawling but not in a "god dammit where am I supposed to do/go now?" instead in a "oh man I really wanna explore more of this level!" kind of way. The level may no be as impressive as the first one (it's hard to top that level), but it's still quite pretty.

7D3ScRB.png

Map06 - A tense map with all kinds of monsters roaming around a small village and castle that never becomes frustrating or a slough to clear out, a great end to this WIP mapset. One thing I did have issues with are the red and yellow keys. I have no idea how you're supposed to get to the top of the tower that holds the red key so I just nocliped. The yellow key seems superfluous, I thought picking up the red or yellow key would fill the yard between the village and castle with monsters, but nothing happened.

vun18b8.png

When you finish this wad I'll be surprised if it doesn't win a Cacoward, even now I would recommend this to anyone, even those who get lost easily in large doom maps, because if I didn't have problems navigating through it no one else will either.

@NaturalTvventy I didn't finish this wad because it made me feel exhausted, the level has 800+ enemies and the player is constantly bombarded by them, with almost no breathing room whatsoever. Even though the level is 90% brown textures you managed to make it look decent, and the swimmable mud itself is a nice idea (though it's a pain to move in it). Missed opportunity to have the "Groovy" soundclip when picking up the SSG. I'd recommend this to people who are into intense maps with lots of baddies to kill (some custom too).

I literally released the demo a few hours ago. If this thread here is still alive, feel free to check it out.

And yes, I posted it in the wrong place. I only realised after I'd made the post.

8 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I literally released the demo a few hours ago. If this thread here is still alive, feel free to check it out.

And yes, I posted it in the wrong place. I only realised after I'd made the post.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully this thread won't die any time soon.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Rince-wind said:

Thanks for sharing, hopefully this thread won't die any time soon.

With that said il share with you whats been done so far with my work in progress megawad, eventually i will have 32 levels complete,but these 13 levels will give you a taste of things to come