Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Tell Me This is A Joke...

If you ignore the DOOT DOOT meme, it looks like an obscure Revenant in-joke sprite that you'd find on a '90s Doom fansite. So I give it four out of five soul spheres.

Yes how dare they have a sense of humour. Those monsters!

*shakes fist in the approximate direction I think Texas is *

6 hours ago, Zemini said:

I am fine with the Doot Revenant but I worry about the slippery slope that can come from it.   I hope the skins will not devolve into stupid fortnite/hots skins.  Do we really want Pajama wearing Barons, lollipop king Marauders or a Santa Cause mancubus?

I would actually love a 'joke mode' that just gave everyone silly skins. Imps in Snorkeling gear! Tomato Cacodemons! Skateboarding Demons! If anything, it would give me more reason to buy the game, not less.

Besides, the DOOT Revenant is an optional bonus feature. Where's the harm in that? Better to have more fun bonuses than less.

31 minutes ago, 3saster said:

I would actually love a 'joke mode' that just gave everyone silly skins. Imps in Snorkeling gear! Tomato Cacodemons! Skateboarding Demons! If anything, it would give me more reason to buy the game, not less.

Besides, the DOOT Revenant is an optional bonus feature. Where's the harm in that? Better to have more fun bonuses than less.

No please unless it is optional and I can turn specific skins off.  I really do not want to see them.  It is the primary thing that turned me off from a lot of games with childish skins.  It isn't about having a sense of humor or not - it just doesn't doesn't belong Doom.

Tell Me This is A Joke...

This is a joke...

But seriously I agree with Zemini. It would be best if it were optional for when you absolutely want immersive gameplay. Same goes for the pickups.

6 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Maybe he's German.

Hey, it's not funny to make jokes about us humorless Germans. We also can laugh - just look here:

Hargh hargh, tschuess wachhund... :)

It's just a dumb skin based off an overused popular meme.

At least the meme is related to the series, although i prefer the agitated skeleton jokes.

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

I'm kind of interested in the shotgun skin, actually.

Right? Kinda neat actually. I could care less about the Doot meme though. It doesn't bother me either way tbh, so i'm just neutral to it.

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

No please unless it is optional and I can turn specific skins off.  I really do not want to see them.  It is the primary thing that turned me off from a lot of games with childish skins.  It isn't about having a sense of humor or not - it just doesn't doesn't belong Doom.

I did say optional bonuses. As long as they are optional, or fit the game already (like the shotgun skin), throw in as much fun stuff as possible :D

The shotgun skin is really nice, although it should have been in the game from the beginning.

2 hours ago, theDia said:

Hey, it's not funny to make jokes about us humorless Germans. We also can laugh - just look here:

Hargh hargh, tschuess wachhund... :)

images.png

8 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

You're about 3 years late to the party, friend.

chri25hgx6s11.png

That was for the soundtrack though. I agree that Doom not taking itself seriously is a good thing. :)

On 6/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, Jayextee said:

Please, if you would, show us on this doll where the memetic fanservice hurt you.

No I was just surprised, but didn't think when making the post. I'm sorry.

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin : Reply I made was a mistake.

Cmon dude, it's just an innocent meme of an agitated, lovely monster that loves to punch you to death. I don't see the hurt in it or what triggers you. 

Best that you can do is just ignore it. Otherwise, you're the one turning itself to a meme.......

1 hour ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I'm just not a fan of memes, except the target audience charts and singleplayer vs multiplayer ones.

But considering you are a Doomworld meme, does this mean you are not a fan of yourself? Do you have some inner hatred for yourself we don't know about?

One more thing. A parody mod for Doom 2/Plutonia/TNT is already done...tell me if THIS is a joke.

10 minutes ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

By that logic, DOOM 2016 was also a meme.

Nail struck directly on the head. I mean. DOOM 2016's sense of humour already marked it as a series patently not taking itself seriously, embracing the memes for some completely optional DLC isn't going to do the franchise any harm. I argue the inverse; will probably build more goodwill among the fans in general (meaning: not sourpuss OP here) because, fuck it, we're all here for a good time. Right?

2 hours ago, Alter said:

But considering you are a Doomworld meme, does this mean you are not a fan of yourself? Do you have some inner hatred for yourself we don't know about?

I'm not a meme, what are you talking about? I made a mistake, everyone does.

You can make the argument that Doom has been a meme since CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN. If you want serious FPS action, get id to reboot/split off some Q1 horror variant without the multiverse-arena concept.

22 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

You can make the argument that Doom has been a meme since CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN. If you want serious FPS action, get id to reboot/split off some Q1 horror variant without the multiverse-arena concept.

Doom doesn't have to be serious. I mean, I love the Timesplitters series.