Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flouter

The new GUI...

I mean, i don't wanna just bitch on small things for no good reason, but the GUI is just... I don't know how to explain it, over the top?

Just look at the font they're using it's so over the top and spicy it kinda hurts.

font.png.101b5d8865fb4432dbe3faccf2d75f7d.png

Or just even compare the GUI shown in the gameplay back from last year's Quakecon to the one we have today. Imo Quakecon's GUI is way more pleasant to look at.

Screenshot_9.png.15041e21a5bf3a5496684b79619ccf19.png

Screenshot_8.png.63fe724ff257ac50af748c7df6c3b8cb.png

There's just something about the new GUI that I'm not a fan of, I just don't know what it is exactly, maybe it's the glow that's applied to everything? I dunno. I get that they're trying to make the game more badass and cool, but this change isn't really giving off that vibe to me.

Also now just looking back at the old gameplay from Quakecon I kinda... like it more than the new gameplay? This is just an opinion tho, I'll probably have to wait for the full release of the game to see how it feels for myself.

Honestly I'll take it over another dark blue hud. Much easier to get info in a glance over reading numbers or tiny bars.It just needs cleaner icons without shitty gradient backgrounds.

2 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Honestly I'll take it over another dark blue hud. Much easier to get info in a glance over reading numbers or tiny bars.It just needs cleaner icons without shitty gradient backgrounds.

Yes, but what's the limit between easier info/invasive HUD? And with invasive I mean the glowy apparence, because the size I think it's OK.

I agree with @fant0m999, the HUD showed before was clear and not invasive enough to be a good HUD. 

It won't be as invasive without all the color gradients behind every icon. They look weird and cover more of the screen for no reason. It could still use some tweaks. Like removing lives and just showing it as a number over the hp icon.

Nitpicking stuff. The only reason people are complaining about a damn HUD is because they aren’t actually playing the game. I didn’t even see the HUD during the live reveal, because I was too busy LOOKING AT THE AMAZING CARNAGE BEHIND IT. I think it’s easier to see than the last HUD, which had meaningless little tiny symbols you couldn’t differentiate at a quick glance. How many of you couldn’t quickly tell which weapon mod was equipped and had to test fire? Or accidentally threw out a damn hologram instead of a grenade? (Sure, it’s probably just because I suck). 

New HUD isn’t that bad, just relax. 

One hands-on reviewer played the game and says it’s not even a point to complain about, it just works. 

I do agree it could be getting too Arcade-y with floating Perk coins and floating, spinning, green-highlighted weapon pickups, but hopefully that’s just for the demo. 

The real crime is no Deathmatch in MP...

Edited by bj25x

It definitely could use cleaning up and simplifying to make it less obtrusive (why random glowing lines in different thicknesses breaking up the outline of the boxes? Why the thick coloured gradients?) but functionally it seems to do a good job of representing all the player's various abilities and resources. I like the new colour scheme, it matches the suit and it's unlikely to overlap much with environments or enemies.

My only gripe with the new HUD is that it's a bit too intrusive and needing a clean up, otherwise it displays lots of useful information.

I have no doubt they're going to improve it before the game's release, and I don't doubt most elements are/will be toggeable (perhaps the HUD can be disabled completely if one so chooses).

I'm a fan of data being displayed next to the cross-hairs, but what I hate the most is that this GUI doesn't act like part of a visor, it's just flat

against the screen.

The GUI has information overload, it should be minimal like this concept for infantry.

img.jpg

I think the new HUD isn't really terrible per se. Its just that it could need more cleanup and colour tweak (changing that Neon Green into some other colour and remove the glow)

Something that bothers me about this HUD is how the icons for the grenade and flamethrower applications of the shoulder cannon aren't close to each other, despite being tied to the same function.

Maybe there will be some way to tweak the HUD in the options menu? I don't really have a problem with it tbh but i haven't watched much footage besides just the E3 footage, so no other playthroughs or anything just yet.