Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brock

My music changer doesn't work (GZDOOM) UDMF format

So rather then play the change the music it shows this error message, can you help me please ? 

Screenshot_Doom_20190613_163059.png

That message tells you that you want to start a script named "changemusic2" but it cannot be found.

Why it cannot be found, that's up to guessing, unless you post a test version of your mod.

Having to guess you probably have a typing error in you script name in the script section of your map. So basically your script isn't called "changemusic2".

Check fort that error and also for the syntax, that has to be

Script "changemusic2" (void)

{

}

Also, is there a reason for the triple error? Is your script in a loop or have you simply crossed some trigger line 3 times? 

Lastly, if you can't figure out your error you can just rename your script giving it a number instead of a name and this should solve your problem.

Like:

Script 1 (void)

{

}

20 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

That message tells you that you want to start a script named "changemusic2" but it cannot be found.

Why it cannot be found, that's up to guessing, unless you post a test version of your mod.

nvm fixed it myslef , but the fact that you 2 tried to help is really apcreciated !

5 hours ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

nvm fixed it myslef , but the fact that you 2 tried to help is really apcreciated !

Just so you know, even if you fix it yourself it's usually good practice to explain what the solution you found was, so anyone who has the same error and finds this thread in the future knows what to do.

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

Just so you know, even if you fix it yourself it's usually good practice to explain what the solution you found was, so anyone who has the same error and finds this thread in the future knows what to do.

Well i noticed That the custom music i am using is on top of map01 and the one that i want to use (the music changer) isn't so i moved it also above Map01 and it worked . the name for the changing music is d_dm2ttl afcourse it has to have a short script that is in this very helpful informative and short vid by lazy gamer  Now here is the way i set it to play after i made it worked. I made a line i clicked on it and used the when player crosses line option so it would play after you cross it. You have to use the Execute script option that idk the number of. There was scrip argument option that you must click tho.