Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CasualScrub

Caco or Pain Elemental, which is the more adorable monster?

19 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Also Pain Elementals, much like Lost Souls, are quite unsatisfying to kill as they don't leave a corpse.  

If they didn't leave a corpse, them plus an arch-vile would be horrendous...

Cacos and Pain Elementals are equally adorable... Once they’ve had their faces LOADED WITH LEAD!! RaaaaahhhhhHH RIP AND TEAR! hmm HA HA

.. Ahem.. uh please excuse me, I got a little carried away there. The Caco VS Pain dichotomy is as follows:

Cacodemon = Coca Cola. Bright red, instantly recognizable but always refreshing, a long-standing cultural icon associated with soda itself.

Pain Elemental = Pepsi Cola. Second rate, unoriginal, acceptable but not exceptional. A rip-off with a new spin that makes it worse than the original.

Change my mind.

I also hate that, if you don't kill the bastards immediately (like if you're hung up fighting some other monsters), 95% of the time it's gonna get into an infight with one of its' own lost souls, of course creating even more.  You know that feeling when you come back into a room where you had to leave a PE and just see a huge cloud of lost souls, hanging around and bumping into each other.

On the other hand, I like it when the lost soul limit for the map has been reached and they're totally harmless, letting you punch them to death.  That's quite cathartic. 

On 6/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, Rathori said:

I never thought any of the Doom monsters were adorable.

*hides*

I always thought the Arachnotrons were adorable. I mean, look at their baby faces!

image.png.060c62e715de2a3db5702363a5615dde.png

On 6/15/2019 at 5:49 AM, Maximum Matt said:

Also Pain Elementals, much like Lost Souls, are quite unsatisfying to kill as they don't leave a corpse.  

But this dull explosion sound of the Pain Elemental has always been very satisfying to me.

15 hours ago, Doomkid said:
Pain Elemental = Pepsi Cola. Second rate, unoriginal, acceptable but not exceptional. A rip-off with a new spin that makes it worse than the original.

I will fight you on this. I find Pepsi better than Coke.

Pain Elementals are the best because they technically they don't have an attack and can only spawn enemies that do.  It's so awesome once the Lost Soul limit is reached on the map and the Pain Elementals can no longer spawn them and they just follow you all over the map like your own personal pet. 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, SirJuicyLemon said:

I always thought the Arachnotrons were adorable. I mean, look at their baby faces!

image.png.060c62e715de2a3db5702363a5615dde.png

Agreed. 

The Pain Elemental can go shove it.

If the Pain Elemental didn't rapid-fire little hideous flaming skull-goblins, it might have a chance...

Cacos win this category by a mile lol