Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Empire of Sin - New strategy game made by Romero

i'm surprised this hasn't popped up here yet, considering a trailer dropped of it a few days ago.

it looks like a strategy game similar to XCOM in terms of design, set in 1920s era Chicago. no idea if this is related to the "Blackroom" project that had a failed Kickstarter campaign, but probably not. it has some sort of reward system on its site, where if enough people subscribe to their newsletter, more features will be added into the game.

Brenda was one of the peeps that worked on Jagged Alliance 2, I think.  This looks cool.  Hopefully it'll be something similar to a Gangsters: Organized Crime.  That'd be fucking amazing.

Edit: Holy shit.  From the description it looks like it'll be extremely similar. 

Brenda Romero yes. John is just there doing stuff like promotion. Without the Romero name I couldn't imagine this game going anywhere. It looks forgettable and I hate to be so stiff to JoMero. The trailer failed to sell me and I like that genre and theme. Needs to show me what I'm doing with that city instead of just the map.

It could be a new step for Jagged Alliance fans, but many of them are lifers.

Edited by geo

Oh the game i found the most uninteresting in the Nintendo E3 was by Romero? :O
Also the Swedes are gonna conquer gaming with all the stuff they publish (is that the right word?" wich is funny because they make war games (HOI4 yay :D)

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Looks pretty cool, would like to see some more gameplay.

Same. Although i'm not into strategy games all that much, it might be kinda neat. Definitely need to see more gameplay though first imo.

For reference Age of Empires II (the HD version) and Warcraft III were the only strategy games i think i've ever played with a little bit of C&C: Red Alert years after they all came out.

58 minutes ago, CyberDreams said:

Same. Although i'm not into strategy games all that much, it might be kinda neat. Definitely need to see more gameplay though first imo.

For reference Age of Empires II (the HD version) and Warcraft III were the only strategy games i think i've ever played with a little bit of C&C: Red Alert years after they all came out.

Pretty certain it will be less like that type of strategy and more the type you got in X-Com Enemy Unknown with its turn based combat.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, holaareola said:

Crime Syndicate Wars!  Not much to go on, but I like the general idea.

If it could bring back the feeling of the original Syndicate it would be great. I don`t know how many hours I spent mind-controlling whole citys. :)

28 minutes ago, vinnie245 said:

Pretty certain it will be less like that type of strategy and more the type you got in X-Com Enemy Unknown with its turn based combat.

Yeah i agree. I was just stating that i've never really played many strategy games besides those types. Sorry about that haha! I've definitely heard of X-Com before (who hasn't?).

1 hour ago, qdash said:

Looks promising, but where's Black Room?...

In the garbage bin.

11 hours ago, theDia said:

If it could bring back the feeling of the original Syndicate it would be great. I don`t know how many hours I spent mind-controlling whole citys. :)

You might also like Satellite Reign. It was made by the original developers. 

There are some screens on the website. 

I really like the style. It's detailed enough without looking bland but it doesn't go overboard with small little details that make the gameplay environment harder to read (a common problem in AAA games).

image.png.69917a8e10411305460d5c7e2ceb6740.pngimage.png.392725fc0e4206ff14987bb3bcbd8f6e.pngimage.png.d78dd7ed06b657afb4648a2f65bcd793.png

25 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

You might also like Satellite Reign. It was made by the original developers. 

Wow thanks. This looks exactly like it was made for me. ;)

Time to visit Steam again after years of not using it...