Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Batandy

Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 OUT! Story Trailer at pg.2!

Brand new story trailer! I've been keeping the story beats a secret ever since I started working on this, I'm really excited to reveal them now!

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

A 8 minute trailer for the story??

I loved GS2 but I have to confess, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the story...

I'm putting a little more story than usual compared to GS1 and 2, which is a new direction for me to explore. That said it will always be story built around gameplay and not the other way around.

New video, here's the latest map I've been working on, it's coming along nicely!

Quick question: great work as always 

, Batandy( andrea gori) —loved Golden Souls 2 and golden souls remastered.. however, i’m trying serenity garden( temple tantrum level) and i’m getting major laggage.. i’m using the latest version of GZDoom and the latest version of the Golden Souls 3 Demo. I’ve turned off all the fancy video effects ,  dropped the video resolution, multisampling, etc in the hopes of eliminating the major laggage but-no dice. Still lags like crazy and it’s drivin’ me nuts- any tips/help for eliminating the lag greatly appreciated… thanks !! 

On 12/18/2021 at 2:44 AM, BigBearBurp said:

Quick question: great work as always 

, Batandy( andrea gori) —loved Golden Souls 2 and golden souls remastered.. however, i’m trying serenity garden( temple tantrum level) and i’m getting major laggage.. i’m using the latest version of GZDoom and the latest version of the Golden Souls 3 Demo. I’ve turned off all the fancy video effects ,  dropped the video resolution, multisampling, etc in the hopes of eliminating the major laggage but-no dice. Still lags like crazy and it’s drivin’ me nuts- any tips/help for eliminating the lag greatly appreciated… thanks !! 

Hi please check the recommended specs, try switching from OpenGL to Vulkan or viceversa and see if you get better frames.

Unfortunately Gzdoom is a very single core heavy sourceport so it all depends on how strong your CPU is, my hands are tied there.

Man, this keeps looking better and better! Easily one of the most ambitious mods I've seen. I absolutely love the first 2 games, and I'm looking forward to this one whenever it's done! 

Can't wait to play it!

Currently on my journey to finish up Golden Souls 2. Finished the latest GS3 demo sometime last year and absolutely loved it! Truly, Golden Souls series is one of the most remarkable Doom mods I got to play so far.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:12 AM, Batandy said:

New trailer!

That's absolutely amazing! I enjoyed part 1 and 2 very much. So much passion and dedication to this work, I love it. I can't wait for the final release of 3. <3

Okay, so what I gather from the prologue trailer is that Phobos has turned heel and is either the 'dragon' or the 'big bad' of the story - almost reminiscent of "Contra: Shattered Soldier" with Lance Bean casted as the primary ( but misunderstood ) antagonist of that game. With Phobos now being identified in the dialogue as "Flynn Taggart", this now begs the obvious question...if "Fly" is actually Phobos, then who exactly is Doomguy? I have read the theories that the treacherous superiors who sealed Phobos' fate in his Quake III bio were actually the game devs - referring to the end screen of Episode 1 in the original DOOM, but after reading the 90s novelization I have always interpreted Phobos to correspond to Weems in the DOOM Universe. If Flynn Taggart is not Doomguy, then the only other established identity for a name drop would be John Grimm portrayed by Karl Urban in that terrible 2005 film...that is, unless the direction of the story takes a turn where Phobos and Doomguy are each others' counterparts from different parallel universes. Not trying to spoil the plot, just thinking aloud.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, Lost_Soul said:

Okay, so what I gather from the prologue trailer is that Phobos has turned heel and is either the 'dragon' or the 'big bad' of the story - almost reminiscent of "Contra: Shattered Soldier" with Lance Bean casted as the primary ( but misunderstood ) antagonist of that game. With Phobos now being identified in the dialogue as "Flynn Taggart", this now begs the obvious question...if "Fly" is actually Phobos, then who exactly is Doomguy? I have read the theories that the treacherous superiors who sealed Phobos' fate in his Quake III bio were actually the game devs - referring to the end screen of Episode 1 in the original DOOM, but after reading the 90s novelization I have always interpreted Phobos to correspond to Weems in the DOOM Universe. If Flynn Taggart is not Doomguy, then the only other established identity for a name drop would be John Grimm portrayed by Karl Urban in that terrible 2005 film...that is, unless the direction of the story takes a turn where Phobos and Doomguy are each others' counterparts from different parallel universes. Not trying to spoil the plot, just thinking aloud.

Well, all I can say about this is that i intentionally gave Phobos that name not just as a cheeky reference but also to make it clear (if it wasn't already) that this is a different continuity (or dimension if you prefer in the game's terms) from regular Doom and any of the official games, a lot of people tend to assume that Doomguy is just Flynn Taggart so I thought this would come out as kind of a shocker.

Phobos as a character in Q3 arena was always a fascinating character to me because of his bio, so I kinda wanted to elaborate a bit on that and giving it my own spin, I also wanted an antagonist that just wasn't a regular Demon just to shake things up and make them a bit different, I hope people will enjoy how things will play out when the mod will come out!