Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SleepyVelvet

NoisyDiarrhea [Vanilla Speed-Megawad (32 maps)]

I knew you had it in you Noisy :D (Though it's going to sound really funny when i type this name to someone)

Hey I made a FDA.. died a few times on Map 15 to the cyber pillar maze thing I think it was a good wad for the "NaNoWAD" challenge, might of been a couple lock-ins that could of had a faster lowering floor/lift. Also the lost woods map isn't so obvious what to do but i got lucky and spotted the solution.NoisyDiarrhea_fda.zip

NoisyDiarrhea_fda.zip

Thanks guys, will watch over coffee.

Also, @piesunisko: is this a gzdoom demo? do you know what sourceport/version# this was played on?

edit: i downloaded newest version (4-1-3) seems to be working so far

1 hour ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Thanks guys, will watch over coffee.

Also, @piesunisko: is this a gzdoom demo? do you know what sourceport/version# this was played on?

edit: i downloaded newest version (4-1-3) seems to be working so far

Yep its Gzdoom g4.1.0 demo

Just checking this out. Ended up blazing through the first six, then dying to trees. Had another go and finished 7-11 continuous. These are neat setups, would be highlights in bigger maps. Visuals for 03, 04, 06 and 09 are nice

FDAs ("nvdiacat1" is 1-7, "nvdiacat2" is 7-11): nvdiacatfda1to11.zip

Aaaaand here's the rest. Thoughts on maps as disjointed as dem FDAs:

12-19: The fights in 12, 15 and 19 were standouts although the rest were fun too (lovely crusher in 16). 13, 17 and 19 has a stark kind of beauty, which is what i like about your maps visually. You love crushers and lifts, do ya? The death in 19 was pretty dumb, but spectres often reduce my IQ hard

20-24: Nice Cyberdemon target practice on 20, and sorry about the butterfingers there too :) 21's penguin moment was one the most magical things in Doom. I missed the memo on 23 because i don't read automaps often in short sets. It ruins the suspense D: The teleport shenanigans on 24 were great.

25-28: Woot slaughter shorts. 25 was a beaut, and i skipped 27 and 28 for now because actual challenge isn't what i have prepared for yet. Looks fun tho

29: But i did finish this! Nice remake of 6, turning the tree into a spine is poetic.

Sweet collection of NV vignettes. Hopefully we'll see some concepts in here expanded in some bigger/more polish mapset one day. Thanks for entertaining my lazy afternoon. You are a rockin mapper!

nvdiacat12-32.zip

Edit: i would do 31 but tightrope walking usually doesn't have my attention. Sry sry

Love this mapset so far, maps are short but very fun. Secrets are very well hidden, on map 07 and think I've only found one so far lol.

Thanks for the demos. 

That makes 4/4 players that finished Map09 - "Lost Woods", as opposed to the 0/3 players that couldn't find the exit before.  Success!

I was also concerned about Map21 - "The Lunge".  While you're intended to toboggan over the top platforms, I saw some people find a way from a lower terrace that I didn't intend, i guess it's okay?  I'm pretty much trying to scrub any true show-stoppers.  These two maps were the only maps that really needed critical fixing.

I saw some other funny things, like the Map07 deaf archvile randomly waking up and camping in the trees for a few minutes in Catpho's playthrough.  Doom mapping is weird.

I guess it's a wrap unless someone has a real problem on Map21.  Will through onto archives in a couple days

I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to say I really enjoyed this megawad.

The maps have interesting ideas, and are short enough to be enjoyable in small playing sessions. I played through (continuous) on mobile which was great for quick playtimes in between other tasks or while waiting. At an easier skill level I had no issues despite the limitations of mobile controls.

And I admit, I cheated to find the exit on Map09. :)

I've watched John playing this last night, and honestly it doesn't look half bad.

Put on my list, I'm definitely playing this in the future.

Spoiler

the name tho

On 8/17/2019 at 4:31 PM, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468615322

So yeah I played this tonight. An interesting experience to say the least, but generally a good time was had. Map 31 will certainly not be forgotten.

Thanks!  was a fun watch.  Things went more smoothly than I expected :D

regarding the problems on Map08 and Map29 (Lost Woods and World Spine):

Map08's exit was actually a Romero Head near the X on the automap, along the glowing facewall.  A lot of people had some trouble on that one.  It turns out that discerning a Romero Head silhouette is harder than I thought, especially when players aren't expecting it.  The old version of this map didn't even have the X though :D

Map30 (another romero head!) was supposed to be shootable, but I messed up the whole height slightly.  On chocolate/prboom the rocket splash still damaged the head, so I left it in thinking it was fine.  But I guess the map is borked in zdoom.  Oops!

my luck with romero heads is not too great, it seems.

Uploaded final version to Idgames.

I fixed a a few things:

1) lost woods exit hitbox moved up by 16 units so bullets can hit it proper; 2) fixed HOM on map 11; 3) fixed the romero head shute on Map29

Download (rc2, final, asof 08/31/2019):

(idgames:) https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/noisydiarr
(Dropbox:) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxbkllxdedgupmj/NoisyDiarr.zip?dl=1

Peace!

On 8/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, NoisyVelvet said:

Thanks!  was a fun watch.  Things went more smoothly than I expected :D

regarding the problems on Map08 and Map29 (Lost Woods and World Spine):

Hide contents

Map08's exit was actually a Romero Head near the X on the automap, along the glowing facewall.  A lot of people had some trouble on that one.  It turns out that discerning a Romero Head silhouette is harder than I thought, especially when players aren't expecting it.  The old version of this map didn't even have the X though :D

Map30 (another romero head!) was supposed to be shootable, but I messed up the whole height slightly.  On chocolate/prboom the rocket splash still damaged the head, so I left it in thinking it was fine.  But I guess the map is borked in zdoom.  Oops!

my luck with romero heads is not too great, it seems.

Well, Romero gives good heads! ;)

I'm really enjoying this so far. I like tight and finely crafted challenging -not slaughter- maps.
A custom titlepic and a few different midi tracks certainly would help a lot this already fun speedmapping megawad to have his own personallity.

Cheers, NoisyVelvet!