Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

Is switch doom 2016 just as good as ps4 doom 2016?

Hello, i'm planning on getting a switch soon. and i was wondering if doom 2016 was good on the switch as it was on the ps4.

minus the graphical details and stuff.

Other than being capped at 30fps and the absence of snap map, it's a pretty good port.

It will look the exact same to you if you are running it on the small screen, and may still look the exact same on a TV unless you are actively comparing both.

So yeah in terms of graphics it holds up fine against the PS4, differences aren't noticeable unless you are running into walls and then using a zoomed weapon right into the wall in which case you would notice small differences on the textures, but why would you.

I've got the PC version and Switch versions. The switch port is worth getting just to marvel at IMO. It plays well enough and it's cool to be able to carry Doom around with you wherever you are. I wouldn't ever play it over the PC version but if you've got some cash to spare and want a cool Switch game it's worth picking up.

Doom 16 is also very good if you wanna heat up your bedsheets. Just let it run on your switch for an hour and your bed is nice and warm. Also screw playing any FPS on 30 frames per second.

While the absence of SnapMap kinda sucks and the graphics and frame rate aren't as good, it runs beautifully and everything else is there. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Great game! Absolut worth the money. Played it a lot, nice graphics and the controls are smooth and accurate up to 100%.

Mfg