Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFroz

Blood: Dead on Arrival (Blood-inspired mod for Doom)

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone!

I'm Mr. Froz. I study computer programming and I work on game projects in my spare time. I'm not precisely new to these forums, since I already posted here a Doom 2 map for ZDoom before, but I still had to properly introduce myself.

Case in point, the past year I released a mod for GZDoom called Blood: Dead on Arrival on ModDB, which is a Blood-themed fan game in which you get to play as Caleb and have to fight the usual Blood enemies...as well as demons from Doom 64. I made the project with another Blood fan and we decided to add elements from other games to it since we figured out it would be dull to do yet another Blood rehash in Doom (especially now that you can play the original one perfectly with BloodGDX or NBlood), and the end result was Blood: Dead on Arrival.

The mod has been out for almost a year and a half already, and perhaps some of you have already played it, but the reason I didn't share it here on Doomworld previously is because the very first versions of the mod, from v1.00 to v1.4, were a bit rough and I was unsure about posting them everywhere. Now that the v1.6 update was released a week ago, I believe that the game is now a much more refined and polished experience than what it originally was, yet there's still plenty of room for improvement in order for me to look forward to whatever feedback I can get from you guys, which I'll value highly since I stopped working with my partner and now I'm the sole developer of the mod, and I plan to do one more update or two before I consider the mod finished and move on with other projects.

Here's some screenshots of the game:

Spoiler

6ghcw6.jpg30a6pmh.jpgoh7bsh.jpg2m6ofmc.jpg

And of course the download link for the latest version: https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-dead-on-arrival/downloads/blood-dead-on-arrival-v16

You could also check out the trailer for the mod or even look up GeneralLotz's review of it on YouTube, but maybe that would spoil things a little. There's also a Discord server I've set up with a channel to talk about the game in case you're interested. As I have already stated, I look forward to your responses, and I certainly hope you enjoy playing as much as I enjoyed making it.

This looks really cool. I'll be downloading and playing this shortly. Really looking forward to it.