Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpius

ENDOOM to WAD?

Question

I have created a basic temporary ENDOOM for my WAD, but how do I move the file to the WAD via SLADE 3?

EDIT: The file type is .bin, but still comes up as an unknown file type in SLADE. I've taking the unknown file back out and the extension is .dat, why is this?

Edited by Scorpius : Should've been more concise.

11 answers to this question

I made Eviternity's endoom in pablodraw. I followed this guide 

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I've snipped the bit that's most important to the OP.

060902fcd043dea327ddc96fef9b5beb.png

Sorry, I guess I should've been more clearer and explained more about my problem. I have made an ENDOOM screen similar to the Ultimate Doom ENDOOM, and used the extension .bin. Trying to move / import it over to my WAD shows up as an UNKNOWN file type. That's the problem I am having.

I used a program called Pablodraw to write my ENDOOM in the default DOOM ENDOOM template (red background, white and yellow text).

14 hours ago, Scorpius said:

I used a program called Pablodraw to write my ENDOOM in the default DOOM ENDOOM template (red background, white and yellow text).

last time i checked pablodraw does not export endoom files

use playscii, it has an export option for that (i use it)

On 6/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, Scorpius said:

I have created a basic temporary ENDOOM for my WAD, but how do I move the file to the WAD via SLADE 3?

EDIT: The file type is .bin, but still comes up as an unknown file type in SLADE. I've taking the unknown file back out and the extension is .dat, why is this?

drag your .bin file from the files folder to slade, rename it as "ENDOOM", if it comes up as a graphic, which i think it does, convert it.

10 hours ago, unpleasantmarine said:

last time i checked pablodraw does not export endoom files

use playscii, it has an export option for that (i use it)

This was the closest I probably got, this program is much easier to use than Pablodraw, but the file when exported either as ENDOOM or ANSI text is still unknown to SLADE.

9 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I made Eviternity's endoom in pablodraw. I followed this guide 

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I've snipped the bit that's most important to the OP.

060902fcd043dea327ddc96fef9b5beb.png

I've gone through this tutorial many times and still don't understand it. It's too confusing for me. :/

7 hours ago, Jeremixh said:

drag your .bin file from the files folder to slade, rename it as "ENDOOM", if it comes up as a graphic, which i think it does, convert it.

I've tried renaming it from a random name to ENDOOM and the opposite and still can't get it to work.

EDIT: Do I actually need to do what is in the "saving and importing" section of that tutorial to even move the file in the WAD or not? Because I'm not doing that, I'm just simply exporting and dragging to WAD file. I checked the file I am moving and it already reads 4000 bytes or 3.91kb in SLADE (the same size as standard DOOM ANSI screen)

Edited by Scorpius : Just thought about this now

You need to follow the tutorial word for word. It's critical that your ENDOOM lump is exactly 4000 bytes.

You could place your .bin file here and someone may have the time to assist.

Here is the file if anyone wants to help. But seriously, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I have no idea what to do now. Thanks for all the help anyways! :)

EDIT: I literally just fixed it after posting this. Apparently I WAS doing it right, but SLADE needed to be restarted for it to show up as the ANSI text format. I was so dumbfounded when I saw it in my WAD. I guess I didn't look so hard into that tutorial. :P

On 6/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Scorpius said:

This was the closest I probably got, this program is much easier to use than Pablodraw, but the file when exported either as ENDOOM or ANSI text is still unknown to SLADE.

Make sure the size is set to 80 columns 25 rows