Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zakken

DML Summer 2019: Season 2 of Zandronum's Premier CTF League

Greetings once again. The second season of Doom Masters League has started its proceedings, and sign-ups are now open! I am more than delighted to see all of you participate and enjoy some more top-quality CTF. The previous DML season was highly successful, featuring 8 teams and some of the best playoffs seen in Doom CTF history, and the only way to go from here is up!

Highlights
- Draft-based league: captains are selected to draft players auction-style! Each team is comprised of 4 players total, no more, no less.

- Cream-of-the-crop captains: the captain pool is always comprised of the strongest, most prominent players of the community with a well-established history, to ensure that all teams are as thirsty for victory as can be.

- High diversity of players: given the DML's dynamic size that shapes itself around the total amount of sign-ups, a huge percentage of players is guaranteed to be drafted into teams! Top players, mid-level players and rookies are all welcome in the league, and many have already made their mark in the previous season!
- Curated maplist: the maplist to be used in DML was voted on by several key members of the community to get the most enjoyment out of players.
- Regular season: everyone competes in a single group for points. The top-ranked teams by the end of the now shorter 5-week season make the decisive playoffs!
- Multiple maps per week: each round is played on a different map; 3 maps in the regular season and 4 maps in the playoffs, with each team getting 2 homefields! E.g. round 1 = Map01, round 2 = Map02, round 3 = Map03...

Time table
Sign-ups start: Tuesday, June 11th
Sign-ups end: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Draft: To be determined between July 1st and July 7th
Regular season period: July 8th to August 11th
Playoffs period: August 12th to September 1st

Further information

Zandronum Competition Alliance Discord (home of DML and other exciting tournaments!)

Zandronum forums thread

You may use this thread to sign up for DML Summer 2019, and to ask any questions about the league, to which I'd be happy to help clear any confusion there might be.

Sign-up form:

Name: Zakken
Position: D, Mid, O
Captain: Yes/No
Preferred contact: ZCA Discord
Regular availability: Evenings

Currently signed-up players:

100% Newb
Acc
Ace
Armour
Asriel
Carpathia
Cartel
Dastan
Deno
DoomJoshuaBoy
Dranzer
Dsparil
Edd
Galactus
Goblin
Hugo
Infer
Jwarrier
killer007
Langrenus
Legion
Lupo
Mondo
Nautilus
Nest
Razor
RoSKing
SkullRush
Slaerd
Tai
TDRR
thebestkiller
TheFatWilly
Water
Wos (Sharp)
Zakken

Edited by Zakken : Updated sign-ups.

We are entering the FINAL week of DML Summer 2019 sign-ups. We currently boast 27 sign-ups, so if we're to have another 8-team season like last time, we will need some more people willing to join up! Check this out while you still can.

The playoffs are now on, and the first match is happening tonight! BST and SBR proved themselves a cut above the rest and hopped straight to the semi-finals, while BQ, TDC, BSS and REG clawed their way into the quarter-finals. The Zandronum forums thread has been updated with all details.

You may catch the livestream of all matches (except my own) at https://www.twitch.tv/zakkensoul. I'll use my Twitch channel to host whichever channel will be streaming my matches.