Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

Doom 64: Fusion if Realities [Question about GZDoom Edition]

Hello community!

A little preface:

In 2014-2015 I've started a map project for Doom 64 EX inspired by the E1M1 map from the CDoom64 wad. It mixes a Doom 1 map with a Doom 2 map together and I found it a very interesting concept. So I've tried to do remaining maps (E1M2+Map02, E1M3+Map03...etc). But I also encountered some problems with the EX Engine modding which I didn't expect earlier. This is one of the reasons why this project started even before the Brutal Doom 64 was announced and finished long after the BD64 was released.

Doom 64 EX sometimes looks unviable for making new maps as some mechanics are completely broken. There was a moment when I just gave up working with it and decided to finish only the first episode (E1M1-E1M8), and finish the remaining maps for Brutal Doom 64.

As you can see, I've finished the 64EX version of this project, and I have an unstable version for BD64.

So, I need your advice. Will you play the alternate version of this mod (based on Brutal Doom 64) with all of the maps included? Or is it not worth it?

About released mapset:

"Doomguy got too far. After the death of the Motherdemon the great Demon Lord Marbas decided to stop the main hero by putting him into the illusion created by memories of the past. Now you must relive all those brutal battles mixed together like in a bad dream."

Contains 9 maps (E1M2-E1M9 from Ultimate Doom + E1M10 from XboxDoom), new sounds and sprites. Map 04 (E1M5+Map05) randomly crashes on startup for no apparent reason (but you still can run it, just restart it again until you get in).

Download link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-64-fusion-of-realities/downloads/fusion-of-realities-v10-doom-64-ex

Demo video about Brutal Doom 64:

Edited by Đeⓧiaz

Shameless self plug, but why not base the alternate version on my TC, Doom 64 Retribution? It's more faithful than BD64 and has been designed for extended modability in mind. You could use it as a base or create your own episodes to load after it.

7 hours ago, Nevander said:

Shameless self plug, but why not base the alternate version on my TC, Doom 64 Retribution? It's more faithful than BD64 and has been designed for extended modability in mind. You could use it as a base or create your own episodes to load after it.

I thought about this many times, but I'll decline this idea at present time, sorry.

Why? Because I also a fan of true hacked experience. I mean, I've used Doom64EX just because that's the most faithful to N64 version port (in 2016). IF I have a chance to make a hack for REAL N64 Rom - I would definitely do it on N64 instead of EX.

So I decided since I don't have access to hack N64 rom, I want to go from one extreme to the other. So it's Brutal Doom 64, because it have too much non-canon things. But I like the Ketchup and other visual things used here. And yet I remember that maps for BD64 were taken from your Retribution.

So I don't see a big problem here, though. Both projects uses UDMF with D64 Colored lighting implemented in GZDoom. And that means I can port it also for Retribution, but only AFTER the main release for BD64.

But these conversations doesn't make sense, I don’t really see people’s interest. So I tend to quit this.

16 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

And yet I remember that maps for BD64 were taken from your Retribution.

I don't think any were because Brutal Doom 64 came out first, unless you mean the extra episodes in which case I had no knowledge of that.

32 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I don't think any were because Brutal Doom 64 came out first, unless you mean the extra episodes in which case I had no knowledge of that.

Uh, ok.

I would like to know what song was used in this trailer cus It seems cool, just as this mapset. :D

3 hours ago, Archanhell said:

I would like to know what song was used in this trailer cus It seems cool, just as this mapset. :D

Mentioned in description of the video.

15 hours ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Mentioned in description of the video.

Thank you very much sir.