Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Strife Commando

Why Was Doom 4 Called Doom?

I will never call this game anything other than Doom 4. It is Doom 4. It will always be Doom 4 whether or not they choose to call it as such.

Why do you guys need 5 pages to discuss the obvious.

You call it Doom for the millions of idiotic braindead CoD mainlining console peasants. The actual Doom fans will just call it, nuDoom, Doom2016 or Doom 4.

It really doesn't matter, who the fuck cares about names. Back when I was a kid, Doom 1, Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia, it was all DOOOOM. We didn't give a shit.

5 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

Why do you guys need 5 pages to discuss the obvious.

You call it Doom for the millions of idiotic braindead CoD mainlining console peasants. The actual Doom fans will just call it, nuDoom, Doom2016 or Doom 4.

It really doesn't matter, who the fuck cares about names. Back when I was a kid, Doom 1, Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia, it was all DOOOOM. We didn't give a shit.

Quit it with the elitistism, and CoD is a PC series.

All of this is so ridiculously silly to argue about I had to resurrect a dead thread to make that point. 

I’m just happy DOOM is still going strong and I love all the nods and references to the classic stuff throughout. Shows me that the developers are well aware of the legacy they’ve inherited and the games drip with honest effort to add to that, not undo it.

The next one could be called DEWHM2 da wrath of kahnmaker 2.0 and I’d still play it if it was a solid game.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, CivilianM91 said:

The next one could be called DEWHM2 da wrath of kahnmaker 2.0 and I’d still play it if it was a solid game.

It's not DOOM if it features angelic alien stuff.

2 hours ago, IrOn7HuB said:

Fighting the heavens and hell at the same time is pretty dope to me, I dunno. Baddassery to the fullest.

Edited by CivilianM91

On 12/31/2020 at 1:44 AM, IrOn7HuB said:

Pff, I suppose Eviternity is for posers then.