SKILL PROGRESSION
                                                                                  Concept   I'm looking to make a generally agreed upon list of WADs for players to improve their skill. I've been doing this in my own head for a little while now while trying to improve and figured we could work together and create some sort of framework for progression for players at any skill level. I think each entry should be a reasonable increase in difficulty from the previous one, we don't need to try to rate all WADs due to tiny increments in perceived difficulty. I'll edit this post as people provide input (I've added just a few wads to get it started).   How to Play   The list assumes that you aren't save scumming. Save scumming involves quicksaving very often (especially during fights) allowing you to rely on RNG/luck to survive rather than actual skill. Saves can be useful when practicing a map if you intend to do a saveless run afterwards. If the mapset is roughly on par with your skill level then playing it saveless and blind 'can be a good way to improve nerves, reactions, on-the-fly strategy, 'reading' an area to anticipate what fights might happen, and so on.' (Thanks @rdwpa)    I recommend playing all maps from a pistol start - essentially all maps are balanced around pistol starts. Continuous play will make maps either too easy or too hard, depending on which state you finished the previous map in.   The list below is reasonably comprehensive so if your goal is to improve your skill as quickly as possible then the ideal WAD order would be: Doom 2 Speed of Doom Sunlust                                                                                         Doom (doom.wad) - Playthrough Example   Fava Beans (fava.wad) - Playthrough Example   Doom 2 (doom2.wad) - Playthrough Example   Final Doom - TNT: Evilution (tnt.wad) - Playthrough Example   Base Ganymede (bgcomp.wad) - Playthrough Example   SIGIL (sigil.wad) - Playthrough Example   Moonblood (moonbld.wad) - Playthrough Example   Memento Mori (mm.wad) - Playthrough Example   Final Doom - The Plutonia Experiment (plutonia.wad) - Playthrough Example   Scythe (scythe.wad) - Playthrough Example   Rush (rush.wad) - Playthrough Example   Ancient Aliens (aaliens.wad) - Playthrough Example   Valiant (valiant.wad) - Playthrough Example   Alien Vendetta (av.wad) - Playthrough Example   Hell Revealed (hr.wad) - Playthrough Example   Speed of Doom (sodfinal.wad) - Playthrough Example   Scythe 2 (scythe2.wad) - Playthrough Example   Combat Shock 2 (c-shock2.wad) - Playthrough Example   Sunder (sunder 21813.wad) - Playthrough Example   Deus Vult II (dvii-1i.wad) - Playthrough Example   Sunlust (sunlust.wad) - Playthrough Example   Stardate 20X6 (stardate20X6.wad) - Playthrough Example   Flotsam (flotsam.wad) - Playthrough Example   No Chance (nochance.wad) - Playthrough Example   Italo Doom (italo.wad) - Playthrough Example   Dimensions (dmnsns.wad) - Playthrough Example