Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Map Format: Vanilla Doom

With the level of detail pictured? I think I'm suffering a visplane overflow just looking at it. ;)

47 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Freelook allowed.

That's still cheating though, isn't it? Considering it is Vanilla after all...

E5 for vanilla? How's that going to work?

2 minutes ago, HavoX said:

That's still cheating though, isn't it?

I mean no not really, if he designed it with freelook allowed.  Freelook only becomes cheating if you can shoot switches early with it, or if you use it for cheaping the IoS.

46 minutes ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

E5 for vanilla? How's that going to work?

Same way it did for Sigil I imagine, and replace one of the earlier episodes.

51 minutes ago, HavoX said:

That's still cheating though, isn't it? Considering it is Vanilla after all...

TheMightyHeracross is absolutely correct. Vanilla is a map format is primarily a set of geometric/thing limits, not gameplay rules. It's perfectly compatible with freelook, and even jumping and crouching, if you design the map with them in mind.

Excited to see this progress Jimmy! All the [TBDs] give it a real sense of mystery. 

14 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Excited to see this progress Jimmy! All the [TBDs] give it a real sense of mystery. 

Piggybacking off of this: I'd like to point out to other people that are thinking about posting "work in progress" projects that you can only get away with being this vague about a new project if you are "known" and have an excellent track record.

Less time, less names, less gameplay, less monsters......and less of Jimmy. 

More or less.....

3 hours ago, Jayextee said:

With the level of detail pictured? I think I'm suffering a visplane overflow just looking at it. ;)

I believe he only meant mapping format(as in Vanilla, Boom/MBF, Hexen or UDMF). Not that it would run on vanilla doom.

38 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

I believe he only meant mapping format(as in Vanilla, Boom/MBF, Hexen or UDMF). Not that it would run on vanilla doom.

People who want dos doom without using chocolate should try doom plus on the prboom+ download page http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/

Nice! :D
The less series are some of my favorite recent wads :)

5 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

I mean no not really, if he designed it with freelook allowed.  Freelook only becomes cheating if you can shoot switches early with it, or if you use it for cheaping the IoS.

4 hours ago, Bauul said:

TheMightyHeracross is absolutely correct. Vanilla is a map format is primarily a set of geometric/thing limits, not gameplay rules. It's perfectly compatible with freelook, and even jumping and crouching, if you design the map with them in mind.

All good points, actually.

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

...less

Less talk, more awesome mapping I suppose. Now, the real question is, do we wait for this thing to get released, or do we nominate it for Cacowards immediately?

You're all wrong so far :V I'm gonna wait for the other upcoming maps first before I try it though, as I'm after the full experience!

Now that you mention it, I'm still kind of upset that the last Cacowards didn't invent the "Anti Mordeth Award" just to give it to Deathless.

Hmmm Jimmy keeps dropping us a teaser longer and longer before the wad is actually ready to be played...:P

(No pre-release teaser for Deathless, a few days for Faithless, still TBA here....)