Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brock

Closed

Review/feedback from YouTube:

I didn't know what to expect coming into this map but I was pleasantly surprised. The music track combined with the outdoor areas made for a great combo. Combat was a bit all over the place, mostly monster spam.

The first half of the map was solid however the second half was so busy and changed motif so many times that it felt very disjointed. I think if the map was cut up into four or so individual maps the pacing and flow would be much better.

The sense of the map being disjointed comes from the perceived lack of flow due to map size, mishmash of styles and overuse of UDMF/GZDoom features. The first time you see a reflective floor it's cool but then on the fifth time combined with fog it becomes a bit much.

By far the best part of the map was the detailing, that sector based spider mastermind was fucking awesome. There were lots of cool little bits of detailing to find if you take the time to look around. I really appreciate those little things.

I think if this map was split up into a few and polished a bunch it could be a really solid mapset.

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

I didn't know what to expect coming into this map but I was pleasantly surprised. The music track combined with the outdoor areas made for a great combo. Combat was a bit all over the place, mostly monster spam.

The first half of the map was solid however the second half was so busy and changed motif so many times that it felt very disjointed. I think if the map was cut up into four or so individual maps the pacing and flow would be much better.

The sense of the map being disjointed comes from the perceived lack of flow due to map size, mishmash of styles and overuse of UDMF/GZDoom features. The first time you see a reflective floor it's cool but then on the fifth time combined with fog it becomes a bit much.

By far the best part of the map was the detailing, that sector based spider mastermind was fucking awesome. There were lots of cool little bits of detailing to find if you take the time to look around. I really appreciate those little things.

I think if this map was split up into a few and polished a bunch it could be a really solid mapset.

I concur with most of this. The second part felt like a never ending maze of more and more rooms with no coherency. It looks nice though.

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

Tnx for the review dude :D. I will toon down the gzdoom features next time.And i will focus on making more short maps for now!

Sounds good man, hit me up when you release more stuff and I'll def play :) You had some really cool design in places, it shows a lot of promise.

I finally got around to trying this. I think I'm about half way through the map and I really like the level detail and over all look of the map. I agree with what others have said on this thread and would add that I really didn't like the weapon sounds. Not a big fan of spawning enemies directly behind you. Keep mapping, there's a lot of good stuff here. I'll finish it up later in the week and give you a more complete review.

11 hours ago, Payload4367 said:

I finally got around to trying this. I think I'm about half way through the map and I really like the level detail and over all look of the map. I agree with what others have said on this thread and would add that I really didn't like the weapon sounds. Not a big fan of spawning enemies directly behind you. Keep mapping, there's a lot of good stuff here. I'll finish it up later in the week and give you a more complete review.

Thanks ! I will be looking forward for your full review :)

Edited by Finnthemapmaker