Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tor1zo

Low framerate on skybox sector on GZDoom

Like the title says.
When im in a sector with a skybox or a place where a skybox is visible, my game goes to 30 FPS (normally 60 FPS)
anybody got a solution???

NOTE: This ONLY haoppens when in hardware accelerated renderer ON, if im in Software renderer its always on 60 FPS)

I have a WIN 10 computer, 32 bits

i use a GeForce GTX 520 Ti as my graphics card and i have 16 gb of ram

32 bit with 16 GB of RAM? What kind of system is that?

Not that it matters for the problem - that's more likely caused by the graphics card - it's marginally better than the Geforce 8600 I had 10 years ago - and that definitely had problems with portal setups, which the skybox is.

17 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

32 bit with 16 GB of RAM? What kind of system is that?

Used to have one with 64bits but it crashed and had to change it, and idk why i have 16 gbs

3 hours ago, Tor1zo said:

Used to have one with 64bits but it crashed and had to change it, and idk why i have 16 gbs

He means that you should use 64 bits, or else only 3GB (It's a LOT less than half of 16GB!) are used by Windows.

Yeah, afraid that's the catch with 32-bit operating systems, and why everyone's moved on to 64-bit now.

Though I will admit having a 32-bit OS makes it feasible to run 16-bit programs... although I have to imagine most of those kinda won't work even still, because Windows has just changed that much since ye olde 3.1.

9 hours ago, Shadow Hog said:

Yeah, afraid that's the catch with 32-bit operating systems, and why everyone's moved on to 64-bit now.

Though I will admit having a 32-bit OS makes it feasible to run 16-bit programs... although I have to imagine most of those kinda won't work even still, because Windows has just changed that much since ye olde 3.1.

https://github.com/otya128/winevdm

Not even windows 16 bit compatiblity should be a reason to use 32 bit

On 6/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, Shadow Hog said:

16 bit has been obsolete for 24 years now so even the most backward software has stopped being 16 bit a long time ago. And for DOS there's always DOSBox. And for that odd 16 bit thing I need to run (like ancient game installers) I have a Windows 98 VM in which I can run them to copy out the data ASAP.

On the other hand, we are slowly getting to the point where more and more software will discontinue 32 bit versions, so it will probably cease to be useful rather sooner than later.