Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

The Music...

8 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

The music showed off at Phobos is badass and I can't wait till full release to hear it.

That's my favorite so far, I hope for more glitchy\synth stuff like that

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I wouldn't listen to it standalone, but it fits the game very well.

I like it. Looking forward to hear how he has mixed in the classic Doom 2 music. I wouldn't listen to it necessarily by itself but it fits very well for the game.

Mick Gordons music is fucking bad ass! DOOM 2016's soundtrack was brutal, I'm really looking forward to what he turns out with for Eternal.

I know he put out a call for death metal screamers earlier this year to make a screamer choir , he didn't state that it was for DOOM Eternal but c'mon....... it doesn't take a genius. Can't wait to see how that sounds.

18 hours ago, SOSU said:

I like it :)

It's not bad, but it isn't my cup of tea. Glad you enjoyed it though. =)

New tracks sounds better than Doom '16 OST, for sure. Mick Gordon is cool guy and awesome musicant.

19 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Mick Gordons music is fucking bad ass! DOOM 2016's soundtrack was brutal, I'm really looking forward to what he turns out with for Eternal.

I know he put out a call for death metal screamers earlier this year to make a screamer choir , he didn't state that it was for DOOM Eternal but c'mon....... it doesn't take a genius. Can't wait to see how that sounds.

This was confirmed after it happened; series of tweets and Instagram posts put up by Mick and by participants had photos of the choir stage lit with red lighting and decorated with candles and pentagrams, and Mick wrote "RIP AND TEAR" on a whiteboard at some point. In fact, I believe you are already hearing some of the results in the post-BE3 trailer; there is clearly live-recorded lyrics going on in the background music and it sure ain't singing of the ordinary variety.

3 hours ago, Quasar said:

This was confirmed after it happened; series of tweets and Instagram posts put up by Mick and by participants had photos of the choir stage lit with red lighting and decorated with candles and pentagrams, and Mick wrote "RIP AND TEAR" on a whiteboard at some point. In fact, I believe you are already hearing some of the results in the post-BE3 trailer; there is clearly live-recorded lyrics going on in the background music and it sure ain't singing of the ordinary variety.

Ahh I missed this. and yes , there's definitely some kind of screaming going on in that trailer. I believe this is the pic you were referring to?

image.png.90c5a6a12e55c4ec13202e289d4076b0.png

Apparently, there's a reason why the Into Sandy's City remix was cut from the ending.

Seems they said it sounded "gamey", which is weird considering some of the pickups and presentation of Eternal.

Stuff like this is why i wished the game had some actual ingame music jukebox where you could select various tracks, even rare or unused tracks.

At least the song would still be ingame, even if not in the planned scene.

Still a shame this track was replaced by 2016's At Doom's Gates.

So basically everyone except that one guy agrees that Into Sandy's City would be perfect for the ending of Eternal.

It's fucking awesome. I listen to The Only Thing They Fear is You all the time, especially while doing anything physical. The game is arcade-y, so I think the electronic influence fits well.

Edit: just noticed necro-bump

I’m fairly lukewarm to the combat tracks, but there’s a few of the ambient tracks I really like.

One jam I really like is the UAC Atlantica Facility ambient track. That thing gets me pumped like nothing else in the game, each “slam” sounds like the slayer is killing something - and this is an “ambient” song!?

The Blood Swamps music is my favorite combat track in particular because it's the most distinctive. The chugginess and overall tone fit perfectly with the visual of a foggy swamp of the dead, and it released in October of all months too.

I remember early on when the DLC came out, there were a decent amount of people who weren't into the Blood Swamps track, and it always used to get to me because I knew that they just didn't get the obvious audio/visual theme going on.

Both of the new Dooms have great soundtracks, though I do have my criticisms.

Pros: 

• The arrangements are very meticulously composed and produced. All the extra sounds and glitches feel right at home.
  • There are some wonderful dark ambient sections that contrast the guitar-heavy tracks.
  • The nods to older Doom tracks are tastefully done and brutally heavy. 
  • As a whole the tracks feel very modern if not futuristic. They're aging quite well. 
  • Very cool dynamic changes in the score depending on player actions. 

Cons: 

• The guitar work never deviates from djent/industrial motifs. There is not a single track that pushes into thrash, death metal, doom metal, etc. This approach could have gone a long way toward establishing more distinct themes for each map. 
  • Gordon tends to use very low tunings like double drop D, with lots of pedal point on the open lowest string. This places much of the soundtrack in a similar sonic range.
  • No solos, or even lead work. No tremolo picking or full chords. Don't even recall hearing harmonics. Seems like Gordon only uses a few techniques. 
  • Overly compressed mixes (for Eternal) that were apparently going to be matched with higher dynamic range mixes, until Gordon and id had a falling out. Very stupid move as making a single dynamic mix for each track would have been less time consuming, and would not have hurt the gameplay. 

I blast that shit in my car at max volume!