Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BassSlapper89

Jazz Jackrabbit Doom Mod Beta

Are y'all down to play Jazz Jackrabbit Doom?!?! (Link to Mod down below)

This is the beta version for now.

Levels: 15 so far (20 altogether)

IWAD: Doom 2

Source Port: GZDoom (Haven't tested Zdoom, Boom, etc)

Difficulty: I haven't messed with the difficulties yet... If you pick easy, it's UV, for example... I'll take care of that.

This is all I can say at this point, so hop to it, play and have fun. Please send me feedback on what needs to be taken care of. I know I made rookie mistakes. Thank you.

Jazz Jackrabbit Doom Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7lfsdf3i76ktqtw/JazzDmBETA.wad/file

1XN8qYZ.jpg

3VmpSYI.jpg

6me2fJE.jpg

12IaAfH.jpg

B2DibOM.jpg

BcbXeet.jpg

C0aYvXx.jpg

NW1iYAa.jpg

rx3r77C.jpg

xCpzPd5.jpg

Edited by AlanjWeh89 : Forgot to add photo

Nice map. Jusdt thought i'd tell you that when the red gun enemies die, they turn back into imps. don't know if there's a way to fix that, i've never made a mod. great mod tho

4 hours ago, Space Marinara said:

Great idea! Would love to see screenies too =)

Sure thing. The majority of screenshots are on my Facebook, which I'd be happy to transfer here.

9 hours ago, xvertigox said:

I'll give this a jam. Some screenshots would help.

I'm sorry about that. I'll get that taken care of

Dude, this is sick lol. This has hard 90s pwad vibes in the best way. The tiny turtles saying 'drop your weapons' is especially funny. I'm only a little bit into map one but it's great. I think the bouncer projectiles should actually bounce, that's easy enough to do via DECORATE. I went through the other maps to take some screenshots and I can see that map01 is very bare and simple compared to the others, it'd be worth tuning that up IMO. I love the sprites (def 90s feeling) but they could do with some added shading. Doing each frame for the enemies would take ages but the weapons shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: I'm was already playing through Jazz1 and fuck the soundtrack is good.

3 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Dude, this is sick lol. This has hard 90s pwad vibes in the best way. The tiny turtles saying 'drop your weapons' is especially funny. I'm only a little bit into map one but it's great. I think the bouncer projectiles should actually bounce, that's easy enough to do via DECORATE. I went through the other maps to take some screenshots and I can see that map01 is very bare and simple compared to the others, it'd be worth tuning that up IMO. I love the sprites (def 90s feeling) but they could do with some added shading. Doing each frame for the enemies would take ages but the weapons shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: I'm was already playing through Jazz1 and fuck the soundtrack is good.

Lmao! Glad you like the humor. There's easter eggs and humor through out my mod. Oh there is a secondary fire for the bouncer, that bounces the grenade around. I'll get that fixed. Oh yeah the shading on the hands, I agree with. Someone pointed that out about the player's hands the other day. Definitely gonna work on that. Map 1 being bare, I agree. There was a originally a tree texture I put there around the house, but it was from the Woolball mod and I didn't want to use it cause of that reason... I don't like using other modders work. I will touch up Map 1 for sure.

But yes, Jazz Jackrabbit was and still is my favorite DOS game. I'll definitely get to editing soon.

Fun Fact: I had this wad as an idea when I was 13, currently 29. It took so long cause I did't know where to start at the time. Thankfully the idea popped back in my mind again 2 years ago and started working on the mod last year. It definitely was one hell of an experience. I never thought I would be designing a Doom mod.

Edited by AlanjWeh89