Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Walter confetti

Make a monster fire faster on Dehacked / Whacked

Question

Just asking this, I am working on modified zombieman that I want to shoot faster, let's say half way of the wolfenstein guy from Doom 2 secret levels, but how can this be possible to do with Dehacked / Whacked?

I slighty modified the reaction time and the Attack frame to make it shorter (from 8 to 6), but it shoots with the same range... I have to shrink even more faster the frame of the shot? Or there's something else to do?

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this is pertinent to Dehacked, but when I was messing around with this for a different project, I was trying to do the same thing.

Something I found was simply adding another instance of the frame,

POSS FF 8 A_PosAttack 

(This gave a nice 2-burst effect)

Adding a third one  -  POSS FFF 8 A_PosAttack  -  gave a nice "fast shooting" effect.

I'm sure there are better ways of achieving this, but I hope this helps.

When you say "shoot faster", do you mean shoot more frequently, or have a shorter firing animation?

Reducing the length of time on the attack frames will achieve the latter, but I'm not sure if there's a simple way to achieve the former.  You're modifying the AI directly, which is different from Dehacked's normal scope.

What you could do is have the walking animation always end with the firing animation, so the zombieman automatically opens fire every few feet.  That'd give them quite the barrage.

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

When you say "shoot faster", do you mean shoot more frequently, or have a shorter firing animation?

Shoot more frequently.

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I'm not sure if this is pertinent to Dehacked, but when I was messing around with this for a different project, I was trying to do the same thing.

Something I found was simply adding another instance of the frame,

POSS FF 8 A_PosAttack 

(This gave a nice 2-burst effect)

Adding a third one  -  POSS FFF 8 A_PosAttack  -  gave a nice "fast shooting" effect.

I'm sure there are better ways of achieving this, but I hope this helps.

Thanks, i'll trying it when I have time...